• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly, I would have said the same thing last year about OJ Howard. So I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on Ridley.
nah, there was still reason to believe that we would be fuckheads to draft a TE in the first, maxx and boyle 2 years prior with neither getting a chance to break out, ben watson signed the year prior, still had crockett who had upside at the time, and we still expected big things from perriman in the passing game.

i was certainly surprised they passed on howard, but i fully understand why he fell so far, he is a total project with next to no film as a receiver, and that could have easily scared the ravens, it clearly did with many other teams. ridley, on the other hand, doesnt have limited film, and has literally not one question mark as far as stepping forward to the NFL. pretty different.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Not many NFL fans h
If we pass on Ridley I'll split my junk and change my name to Caitlyn

i will be doing some black magic just so that this will happen.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Dang...don't get it. Not sure how one can argue so strongly that Kap sucks and in the same breath "stay the course with joejoe". Just mind boggling.

Heres Joejoe
http://www.nfl.com/player/joeflacco/382/careerstats

heres Kap
http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernick/2495186/careerstats

I know its just stats, but their play really isn't that different. kap has taken more sacks and he's run for a lot more yards. He's got a rate almost 10 points higher than jojoe and far less interceptions.

This ain't gonna go over well, but I know Kap would be a vast improvement to the Ravens even if it wont happen.

He don't have the ring and aint gonna get one but hes better than jojoe...unless you still measure jojoe by those four miraculous weeks. (I don't cuz I know he was a chemistry guy and the chemistry has never been the same.)

Good video. I'll have to admit, I kinda forget the impact angle. I remembered the knee whip but thought it was from behind for some reason.

It's only a $1M contract, so it won't hurt us but also I would think Harbaugh & Ozzie being questioned as part of Colin's collusion case against the NFL tomorrow, that signing him would look very suspicious. It's foolish considering Colin's girlfriend/wife pretty much cost him a chance as we were going to sign him until she mouthed off.

Hell I would have signed Colin, drafted a rookie QB in the mid rounds. Then watch the rookie beat out Colin for the back up job and go, see no collusion. He just plain sucks.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Saints are signing Meredith to an offer sheet. If the Bears don’t match it that might mean they will let Snead walk.

Simba

Staff Member
Saints are signing Meredith to an offer sheet. If the Bears don’t match it that might mean they will let Snead walk.

If they’re really interested in Snead, I’d throw an offer out right now. Their cap is locked with Meredith’s number until Chicago makes a decision. Could cause them to make an earlier call on Snead.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If they’re really interested in Snead, I’d throw an offer out right now. Their cap is locked with Meredith’s number until Chicago makes a decision. Could cause them to make an earlier call on Snead.
exactly my thought. This will be interesting to see this play out.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Saints offered a little less than 10M for 2 years, about half guaranteed. I think the Bears probably match it anyway.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
the fact the we are still considering wrs and taking them in for visits got me thinking that we are gonna pass on a wr in the 1st! I really think we are going defense or oline for sure now! At the same time though we resigned hurts to most likely play Rt. Lewis, yanda and nico comes back from injury. center is out of the question for a 1st rnder so that leaves the LG spot! are we just gonna give up on lewis after one year? My money is on a defender for now

RayRayRaven

Veteran
the fact the we are still considering wrs and taking them in for visits got me thinking that we are gonna pass on a wr in the 1st! I really think we are going defense or oline for sure now! At the same time though we resigned hurts to most likely play Rt. Lewis, yanda and nico comes back from injury. center is out of the question for a 1st rnder so that leaves the LG spot! are we just gonna give up on lewis after one year? My money is on a defender for now

If Ozze was runnin the show, I'd agree. But I think they gave him this year as a courtesy, but theres no way he's making the decisions. The man can't even put together a strong sentence any longer. Theres no way he's sifting through NFL ability properly. His fallback was always defense, but he's not the man any more.

Now...that said and clearly being the truth, I don't believe anyone in those offices can think that Jojoe is going to catch lightning in a bottle again. The body of work is clear. Building around Jojoe is a moot consideration now, so they might go defense realizing we have reached the "move on" stage with jojoe. Then again, if they have gotten that smart, (I'm betting they haven't), they could go for a QB first round here, but since Darnold and Rosen will be gone in the first couple picks, the only guy worth taking that we potentially have a shot at is Allen. If DeCost can pull that one off, I'll be a True Believer.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If Ozze was runnin the show, I'd agree. But I think they gave him this year as a courtesy, but theres no way he's making the decisions. The man can't even put together a strong sentence any longer. Theres no way he's sifting through NFL ability properly. His fallback was always defense, but he's not the man any more.

Now...that said and clearly being the truth, I don't believe anyone in those offices can think that Jojoe is going to catch lightning in a bottle again. The body of work is clear. Building around Jojoe is a moot consideration now, so they might go defense realizing we have reached the "move on" stage with jojoe. Then again, if they have gotten that smart, (I'm betting they haven't), they could go for a QB first round here, but since Darnold and Rosen will be gone in the first couple picks, the only guy worth taking that we potentially have a shot at is Allen. If DeCost can pull that one off, I'll be a True Believer.
What do you think of baker?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I believe it is very possible we take a defensive player in round one, atleast if we stay put at 16 and I don't have a problem with that. Due to the QB's that are projected to go in the top half of the 1st round (4 or even 5) there will be a lot of defensive players falling and the best ones are on defense. Lewis will be playing LG, so no we won't be giving up on him after one season.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
What do you think of baker?

He certainly has the stats. I like tall QB's though and don't think he has the stability of Drew Brees. Though he may even work out for someone. If you watch the QB's work out at the combine, Mayfield tends to not hit his guys in stride. They make the catch. Hes been throwing a safe ball they can corral. Not a fan of his shenanigans and if its my call I pass on him, put QB off another year (Unless we go for Allen) and take someone we can begin to rebuild with and wait til next year for a QB. (Not sure whose out there now though.) We are likely to get a very strong pick next year. Maybe as high as after 2015.

Last edited: