• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Dez still hasn’t signed with anyone and now we’re hearing no one else is interested. Are we still interested?
I don't think so. We have a lot of options here and while none are great I'm not sure we want to deal with the headache of now adding in Dez after he declined us. I think that ship sailed. He'll catch on once some team has an injury.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So... We don't need a starting RB but I want us to sign CJ Anderson.. We need another quality option out of the backfield and he's certainly a better option than Buck Allen. At the very worst for us he can be a good 3rd down back, but at best he, Collins, and Dixon form one of the best committees in the league. I don't get why the Broncos released him. Despite them having one of the worst olines in the league, CJ went for over 1000 yards.

Him or Jonathan Hankins.. Pierce is a solid player, but Hankins is a much better player and a good pass rusher from the interior which is something the team needs.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
So... We don't need a starting RB but I want us to sign CJ Anderson.. We need another quality option out of the backfield and he's certainly a better option than Buck Allen. At the very worst for us he can be a good 3rd down back, but at best he, Collins, and Dixon form one of the best committees in the league. I don't get why the Broncos released him. Despite them having one of the worst olines in the league, CJ went for over 1000 yards.

Him or Jonathan Hankins.. Pierce is a solid player, but Hankins is a much better player and a good pass rusher from the interior which is something the team needs.

Looks like he's on his way to the Panthers according to Rapoport.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bengals might cut Gio Bernard, Lions Abdullah, Eagles have numerous candidates. I don't think there are any interesting FA's left, I'd rather keep Allen instead signing of a FA now

donnydanger

Practice Squad
K you think the ravens make a call to see if we can trade for Mark Ingram. I know they wanna sign a rb should come cheap. Plus multi year deal for cheap shouldn’t be too hard to pull off.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
K you think the ravens make a call to see if we can trade for Mark Ingram. I know they wanna sign a rb should come cheap. Plus multi year deal for cheap shouldn’t be too hard to pull off.
Yeah let's trade for a guy who just got suspended.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ozzie needs to pop one last Bama boner... DO IT

source.gif

donnydanger

Practice Squad
he just got suspended and his contract isnt that cheap to start with and he still wants a new one...

His cap hit is 4 million minus the 4 games so a little more than 3. Plus we’d sign him to a cheap multi year deal. He’s much better than anything that’s out there is free agency. Or that will be cut.

I would say the Ravens may ne in the running for Murray or even Peterson (1-2 yeard deals) as they've been cut by their precedent teams and wouldn't weight in the comp pick game.. The fact we were condident in this FA class may have also played a small part in the decision to draft no RB.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would say the Ravens may ne in the running for Murray or even Peterson (1-2 yeard deals) as they've been cut by their precedent teams and wouldn't weight in the comp pick game.. The fact we were condident in this FA class may have also played a small part in the decision to draft no RB.
You can sign any FA now. Deadline for comp pick was may 8th. Mark Thompson out of Florida is interesting, I hope they can fix his fumbling issue.

You can sign any FA now. Deadline for comp pick was may 8th. Mark Thompson out of Florida is interesting, I hope they can fix his fumbling issue.
Ouch man..you can tell I've lost a step or two about what's going on lol
Never heard bout this Thompson either, def going to give a look.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it wasnt a particularly conscious decision though - decosta mentioned at least one time that there was a rb high on our board but got taken only a few picks just before we picked - (my guess is mark walton) - the board just didnt fall our way to grab an rb this go round...