• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DB Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s the weakest part of his game
Ya this is true but you dont see him at deep safety often. His size allows him to play in the box more and its not just for run support. He was often a dime backer and matched up against TEs in coverage. I even think he could play outside corner if need be. He is so athletic that i think if he gets good coaching he could play a similar role to Eric Berry. I think he compares best to Berry yet maybe bigger

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ive been dying to do a mock draft but i have no idea who to put at 16....i feel like i can do rounds 2-6 but not the first round....

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's going to be Rashaan Evans or James Washington.
I think 16 is a bit higb for Washington. Id be happy with Evans though. Washington to me is a 2nd round guy all the way but he could go late first. I think Washington is a little top heavy and he needs to learn the full route tree. If Roquan Smith is available he very well may be our guy but IF Ridley is there then its a no brainer.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think 16 is a bit higb for Washington. Id be happy with Evans though. Washington to me is a 2nd round guy all the way but he could go late first. I think Washington is a little top heavy and he needs to learn the full route tree. If Roquan Smith is available he very well may be our guy but IF Ridley is there then its a no brainer.
You have too many ifs in there ^_^
I don't see how Ridley or Smith slide to 16

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ya this is true but you dont see him at deep safety often. His size allows him to play in the box more and its not just for run support. He was often a dime backer and matched up against TEs in coverage. I even think he could play outside corner if need be. He is so athletic that i think if he gets good coaching he could play a similar role to Eric Berry. I think he compares best to Berry yet maybe bigger
I actually see the skins taking James.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Donte Jackson is such a fun study, man. He is so freakishly athletic, fast and quick, can recover from anywhere, but he's so raw and inexperienced. It's obvious watching the tape he is so panicky and he gets caught up anytime he's faced with good route runners. I believe his size will make him a slot corner, so we shoudln't really be interested given we already have 3 on our roster (Canady, Young, Hill), but since Matt Miller mocked him to us I gave him a look and he sure is fun to watch and could really develop into a star.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ive been dying to do a mock draft but i have no idea who to put at 16....i feel like i can do rounds 2-6 but not the first round....

You gotta do the 1st 15 picks and then see whats on your board.

and the eagles just won the superbowl without him - they get a free extra first rounder essentially next season...

Sorry man I just hate the thought of the Eagles getting stronger plus I owe you a couple. ^_^

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I would be very very happy with Denzel Ward at 16. A more explosive Vernon Hargreaves. Maybe the fastest player in the draft. Not for taking cornerbacks with top picks til positions like edge rusher, dominant dominant oline, WR are filled. But the bpa is the bpa regardless of positions. Cornerstone players are needed regardless of position. And I think he is a shutdown playmaker.