• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
A wild week six saw the once undefeated, be defeated, while the winless keep searching for their first win of the season. A controversial call that still leaves everyone asking, "What is A Catch" and it was a bad week to be the shoulder of a NFL quarterback. Which poses the question, would Aaron Rodgers had been protected from Mayhem like Anthony Barr if he had AllState?

Chiefs @ Raiders: Both teams look to rebound as the Chiefs look to avoid the Vikings slump from last year after starting 5-0. The Raiders are officially the most disappointing team of 2017 after being crowned Super Bowl contenders in the offseason. The Chiefs can regain control of the AFC West with a huge divisional win while the Raiders can start the Chiefs down the path of the 2016 Minnesota Vikings.

Buccaneers @ Bills: Jameis Winston is listed as Day To Day with a shoulder injury and a Bucs team starting Ryan Fitzpatrick will only help the Bills keep pace with the Patriots in the AFC East. If Winston misses anytime, then it could doom their playoff chances for 2017 while the Bills will keep their playoff and division chances alive with a big home win.

Panthers @ Bears: The Bears are coming off a huge road win against the Ravens and return home to face a Panthers team looking to bounce back following a home loss to the Eagles. The Panthers are 3-0 on the road and look to make it 4-0 against a rookie QB coming off his first NFL win.

Titans @ Browns: The Suck for Sam Sweepstakes is under way as the Browns.. well hell who are we kidding. Their anayltics will say to pass on Darnold meaning Darnold will become a star for some other team like Wentz and Watson. The Titans may be on a short week but it's the Browns.

Saints @ Packers: Brett Hundley takes over for the Packers with Aaron Rodgers' now done for the season. Many claim the Packers without Rodgers are the Colts without Manning or Luck, but we will see if that is the case or if Hundley surprises people and keep the Packers in playoff contention. The Saints have found themselves in the midst of the playoff picture following their win against the Lions, and a road win here will only help their chances in the final seeding order.

Jaguars @ Colts: 7 weeks in to 2017 and not a Head Coach has been given their walking papers. Would a home loss to the Jaguars be enough for the Colts to fire Chuck Pagano? Every week the Jags show more improvement but just need the wins to further show improvement under Tom Coughlin/Doug Marrone.

Cardinals @ Rams: The Cardinals have found some new life under Adrian Peterson who apparently was done and washed up in New Orleans. Now Peterson looks to show that last week was not a fluke against Aaron Donald and company. The Rams are most certainly improved under Sean McVay but still have ways to go to clean up after Jeff Fisher.

Jets @ Dolphins: It seems to me the Patriots finally have competition within the AFC East and whether one of these two teams can take advantage remains to be seen. The Dolphins defense is very underrated in my book only allowing a season high of 20 points through 5 games. The Jets have already won more games than most gave them credit for entering the season, and the winner of this game looks to keep pace with the Patriots and Bills.

Cowboys @ 49ers: Looks like Dallas will have the services of Ezekiel Elliott for the next two weeks which will be helpful against a 49ers defense that just lost Arik Armstead to IR. Can the 49ers finally get a win or will the battle to reach 0-1 first continue against the Browns?

Broncos @ Chargers: The Chargers look to win 3 in a row by knocking off another divisional rival in the Denver Broncos. Pending the outcome of Thursday Night, it looks like the AFC West could become wide open if the Cheifs start to slip.

Bengals @ Steelers: The Bengals come off a bye looking to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Can the Steelers do what the Jags did and upset the Steelers? The Steelers will be riding high being the first to knock off the Kansas City Chiefs but as always, throw everything out the window when it comes to the AFC North.

Seahawks @ Giants: The Seahawks come off a BYE with a cross country road trip to the Meadowlands and a Giants team that is coming off their first win of the season. The Giants finally found a offense with Ben McAdoo giving up play calling duties and look to keep their new offense going against the LOB.

Falcons @ Patriots: The Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl. They also blew a 17 point lead against the Dolphins, meaning the Falcons have got to hate the AFC East by now. Considering the Patriots defense, I say there's a good chance of a Falcons lead happening. It's just a matter of can the Falcons avoid a second straight blown lead to the Patriots?

Redskins @ Eagles: The Eagles return home to face off against the Washington Redskins in a Monday Night Fight between two NFC East teams. Redskins sit 3-2 looking to stay in the playoff hunt while the Eagles look to put the NFC East on Lockdown with a statement win at home in primetime.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
dear god this looks like a pretty bad slate of games tbh in terms of equal or interesting matchups - obviously the superbowl rematch is interesting but i think its too early in the season for it

of course having said that its now going to be an historically exciting week

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with Rossi, really bad slate of games. I don’t have an issue with the SB rematch being now, since I’m used to it happening the first weekend if those teams were on the schedule to play.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Jaguars @ Colts: 7 weeks in to 2017 and not a Head Coach has been given their walking papers. Would a home loss to the Jaguars be enough for the Colts to fire Chuck Pagano? Every week the Jags show more improvement but just need the wins to further show improvement under Tom Coughlin/Doug Marrone.

Bengals @ Steelers: The Bengals come off a bye looking to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Can the Steelers do what the Jags did and upset the Steelers? The Steelers will be riding high being the first to knock off the Kansas City Chiefs but as always, throw everything out the window when it comes to the AFC North.
Honestly, the Jags look to be even more inconsistent than we are.

As for the Steelers, that'd be pretty interesting if they could upset themselves. I'm all for it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i hope so but im not sure either team is even close to as good as last year - i dont see that this falcons offence is as dynamic or formidable as it was last year

but until 2 weeks ago i hadnt seen the pats be able to stop anyone with their defence
Yeah, the falcons aren’t as good without Kyle, but the Pats defense is awful. Although it improved a little this week.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs were leading 10-7 until Amari Cooper got his second TD of the game putting the Raiders up 14-10. After weeks of being nowhere to be found, Cooper has finally showed up tonight with 3 receptions, 95 Yards and 2 TDs.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Beast Mode.... Deactivated. Stupid Lynch, should have stayed retired.

He's NEVER been the same since the SB imo. Primarily in his attitude. It's seemingly gone from bad to worse. :-1: