• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Jags and The Playoff Scenarios

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar looking back to 2019 form.
Hollywood looked like he was back to his old self again.
Pass rush showed up.
JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards making so many defenders miss in their own different ways.
Patrick Queen showed up again after a few poor games.

And most importantly of all.

TYRE PHILLIPS WITH THE LONGEST CARRY OF THE GAME!!!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Great team win. Glad we took care of business. Glad we scratched Ingram. The team from a coaching perspective is looking like it's doing what it needs to, to put us in the best positions to win. Happy for Hollywood. Happy for Miles. Happy for Dez.

Really nervous about Miami. They've got Vegas and Buffalo. I don't see Vegas winning and I'm not sure Buffalo will be playing starters for the final game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm more pissed at the Texans and Patriots for their performances. I have no faith in the Raiders whatsoever so we can only HOPE that the Steelers do the unthinkable and help us out, but we have to win our games.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
This W was for Taliaferro. Good to see them win it with ease.
Idk but this must have been the first game without an illegal formation penalty.
Madubuike was all over the Jags OL 1TFL and a couple of run stuffs.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i know we put ourselves in this position but man im gonna be fucking HURT if we come back from covid and get hot and healthy and then we dont get the help we need after we do our jobs at the end

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This W was for Taliaferro. Good to see them win it with ease.
Idk but this must have been the first game without an illegal formation penalty.
Madubuike was all over the Jags OL 1TFL and a couple of run stuffs.

until the end of the game we had no offensive penalties at all iirc which must be a massive relief for Harbs

Madubuike I'm pretty sure had a QB hit on another nice pass rush too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i know we put ourselves in this position but man im gonna be fucking HURT if we come back from covid and get hot and healthy and then we dont get the help we need after we do our jobs at the end

would be wild given the games that all those teams have to play still for us not to get some help
especially as there's like 4 or 5 separate games and we only need 1 of them to go our way

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
until the end of the game we had no offensive penalties at all iirc which must be a massive relief for Harbs

Madubuike I'm pretty sure had a QB hit on another nice pass rush too
Yeah that could def. be the case. Just listed what I remembered.

Oh and btw we forgot: X. Dez Bryant such a great story

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Just disappointed we didn't get any help, I know we did this to ourselves but if we miss the playoffs at 11-5 even with a 7th seed, I'm going to be pissed.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar looking back to 2019 form.
Hollywood looked like he was back to his old self again.
Pass rush showed up.
JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards making so many defenders miss in their own different ways.
Patrick Queen showed up again after a few poor games.

All of that is good but the Ravens who were 8-5 were "SUPPOSED" to beatdown a 1-10 Jaguars team. So, in my view, they didn't do anything spectacular per se but definitely handled their own business to get a needed win to advance to 9-5 and to stay alive in this tight AFC playoff race. Unfortunately, the Dolphins also won and are still keeping us pushed out of the playoffs with that last WC spot. Hopefully, the Raiders can drop them for us on Saturday night and the Ravens can get that "W" against the Giants to move into that final WC spot. So, with that being said, I'm taking this win with a grain of salt because the Ravens still needed to win out there games but are still in need of help from other teams. Something which normally doesn't seem to happen for the Ravens. Hopefully this season it does!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Great team win. Glad we took care of business. Glad we scratched Ingram. The team from a coaching perspective is looking like it's doing what it needs to, to put us in the best positions to win. Happy for Hollywood. Happy for Miles. Happy for Dez.

Really nervous about Miami. They've got Vegas and Buffalo. I don't see Vegas winning and I'm not sure Buffalo will be playing starters for the final game.
I think they will SIT their starters due to week 18 being a bye week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
All of that is good but the Ravens who were 8-5 were "SUPPOSED" to beatdown a 1-10 Jaguars team. So, in my view, they didn't do anything spectacular per se but definitely handled their own business to get a needed win to advance to 9-5 and to stay alive in this tight AFC playoff race. Unfortunately, the Dolphins also won and are still keeping us pushed out of the playoffs with that last WC spot. Hopefully, the Raiders can drop them for us on Saturday night and the Ravens can get that "W" against the Giants to move into that final WC spot. So, with that being said, I'm taking this win with a grain of salt because the Ravens still needed to win out there games but are still in need of help from other teams. Something which normally doesn't seem to happen for the Ravens. Hopefully this season it does!

that doesnt mean that those things that went well arent positives especially seeing the Lamar Hollywood connection