• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Jags and The Playoff Scenarios

Simba

Staff Member
Good game. Did exactly what we should have against that team. Lamar with the one ugly INT but really pulled it together after that. OL did well. Receivers showed up. Pass rusher showed up. LBs clamped down. Secondary held up well.

Loved seeing the reactions to Dez's TD and Huntley's run. Awesome camaraderie these guys have. Even had defensive players out there with Dez celebrating.

Simba

Staff Member

would be another significant decrease in snaps for duvernay - he's hardly seen the field but also hasnt really done much when on the field the last few weeks

We'd probably see more of Duvernay if Boykin and Snead weren't out there busting their asses as blockers. Not to say Duvernay doesn't do it, but it really helps those guys when they're willing to do the dirty work and do it well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Okay gotcha. Cause the #2 seed would definitely play on Wild Card weekend.
just have to hope the Steelers beat one of the teams that we need to lose. Yeah Yeah Yeah, I'll check myself into the Pit of Misery and find some soap to wash my mouth out.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
that doesnt mean that those things that went well arent positives especially seeing the Lamar Hollywood connection

I thought that I started off my statement with; "All of that was good?" :lol:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We'd probably see more of Duvernay if Boykin and Snead weren't out there busting their asses as blockers. Not to say Duvernay doesn't do it, but it really helps those guys when they're willing to do the dirty work and do it well.
this is very true, but we need to find ways to get him on the field more, he's very talented.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yeah, don't understand why we are decreasing the snaps for Duvernay. @rossihunter2

he's not been getting open much on the all-22 in recent weeks and boykin seems to have won back some favour

duvernay is not a route runner right now and we're not running many plays designed to get the ball in receivers hands early which makes one of his strengths (his run after catch ability) a bit redundant

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes, we just need the Browns, Colts or Phins to lose one game and we need to win out.

Fins have better conference records so we need to end up with a better record

we have head to head against both Browns and Colts

Oh ok! You just reminded me of that fact. I forgot about our heat to head wins against the Browns and Colts. If those teams just lose 1 game while the Ravens win all of theirs then we will get in the playoffs. Right?

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
Lamar looking back to 2019 form.
Hollywood looked like he was back to his old self again.
Pass rush showed up.
JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards making so many defenders miss in their own different ways.
Patrick Queen showed up again after a few poor games.

And most importantly of all.

TYRE PHILLIPS WITH THE LONGEST CARRY OF THE GAME!!!

(Not a carry)

until the end of the game we had no offensive penalties at all iirc which must be a massive relief for Harbs

Madubuike I'm pretty sure had a QB hit on another nice pass rush too

No penalties on the O until Huntley was in the game. (Q4, 05:10) Tomlinson false start, and two plays later (Q4, 05:04) Mekari gets the illegal blindside block.

No QH credited to Mad, but he did have a TFL (and 2 other tackles):
(Q2, 14:14), (Q3, 14:21), (Q4, 09:46) - TFL

yeah, don't understand why we are decreasing the snaps for Duvernay. @rossihunter2

Especially weird since the top 3 WRs didn't practice this week. Not sure what's up with it. Rookie wall maybe?

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
Oh ok! You just reminded me of that fact. I forgot about our heat to head wins against the Browns and Colts. If those teams just lose 1 game while the Ravens win all of theirs then we will get in the playoffs. Right?

If either of those teams loses 1 game with BAL winning out, BAL is in.
CLE: @NYG, @NYJ, PIT
IND: @PIT, JAX

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
this is correct

rossihunter2

Staff Member
(Not a carry)

No penalties on the O until Huntley was in the game. (Q4, 05:10) Tomlinson false start, and two plays later (Q4, 05:04) Mekari gets the illegal blindside block.

No QH credited to Mad, but he did have a TFL (and 2 other tackles):
(Q2, 14:14), (Q3, 14:21), (Q4, 09:46) - TFL

Especially weird since the top 3 WRs didn't practice this week. Not sure what's up with it. Rookie wall maybe?

did Madubuike not get the QB hit (Q3, 4:00)?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

There is an old saying that; "Many truths are spoken in jest".

Snead was bothered by the lack of passes coming his way and voiced it on twitter. The smiling emoji's were a smokescreen to his frustration of a lack of touches. He should have kept that to himself. This dude... :mad: :brickwall:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
There is an old saying that; "Many truths are spoken in jest".

Snead was bothered by the lack of passes coming his way and voiced it on twitter. The smiling emoji's were a smokescreen to his frustration of a lack of touches. He should have kept that to himself. This dude... :mad: :brickwall:
I also like to know if he himself was getting open consistently.

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
did Madubuike not get the QB hit (Q3, 4:00)?

No QH given on the play. Don't have a great view of the hit on broadcast, but it looks a bit light to me.