• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Jags and The Playoff Scenarios

Simba

Staff Member
Lolol so true. But also as unlikely as it is, the Raiders can still make the playoffs. They can't though if they lose tonight. Would he nice to see them try their best and get a win.

I'm sure they'll try their best but I don't know that their best is good enough. That defense is so bad. Would have lost to the Jets if it wasn't for the Cover 0. But still somehow beat the Chiefs. One of the weirdest teams in the league this year.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm sure they'll try their best but I don't know that their best is good enough. That defense is so bad. Would have lost to the Jets if it wasn't for the Cover 0. But still somehow beat the Chiefs. One of the weirdest teams in the league this year.

Very true. Really high highs and very low lows.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Makes me think about how Baltimore managed to blow games against Tenn and Pitt. Might just be the sort of thing that mediocre teams do.
Do you ever stop and think that maybe the injury/Covid bug that rocked our defensive front and secondary may have had something to do with that midseason collapse? Ya know maybe we aren’t a mediocre team of the same caliber as the raiders and dolphins and you’re just looking at things way too black and white in a strange season. We had Justin Ellis and Derek Wolfe as our primary DL rotation for weeks, starting ILB was out for weeks, jimmy averett and peters have been a carousel of in and out, Boyle and Stanley went down, Lamar May have actually been dealing with a groin the whole season, the dobbins and Ingram thing hadnt been settled yet, there were a lot of things midseason that affected this team deeply and it’s clear just looking at the 53 on game day that we are not the same team that lost to the patriots in a monsoon and gave up multi score leads to the Titans and Pitt, having NOTHING to rotate on any level of your defense might cause you to be worn down in the fourth quarter, imagine that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Do you ever stop and think that maybe the injury/Covid bug that rocked our defensive front and secondary may have had something to do with that midseason collapse? Ya know maybe we aren’t a mediocre team of the same caliber as the raiders and dolphins and you’re just looking at things way too black and white in a strange season. We had Justin Ellis and Derek Wolfe as our primary DL rotation for weeks, starting ILB was out for weeks, jimmy averett and peters have been a carousel of in and out, Boyle and Stanley went down, Lamar May have actually been dealing with a groin the whole season, the dobbins and Ingram thing hadnt been settled yet, there were a lot of things midseason that affected this team deeply and it’s clear just looking at the 53 on game day that we are not the same team that lost to the patriots in a monsoon and gave up multi score leads to the Titans and Pitt, having NOTHING to rotate on any level of your defense might cause you to be worn down in the fourth quarter, imagine that.
Can't really add anything to this outside.

I also won't be too upset if we end the season 11-5 and don't make the playoffs. That's a total fluke and if this is the worst case scenario, could put us into position of drafting Devonta Smith out of 'bama.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Can't really add anything to this outside.

I also won't be too upset if we end the season 11-5 and don't make the playoffs. That's a total fluke and if this is the worst case scenario, could put us into position of drafting Devonta Smith out of 'bama.
I’ll be pissed because if it plays out like this, the ravens might be the hottest and most dangerous to miss the playoffs in nfl history lol.

also I think smith is a top 10 lock, top 5 entirely possible. I thought for a time there was a chance he slips to the late teens like lamb did, but I just don’t see it anymore, he might be the heisman runner up.

I’ll take Wyatt Davis or Kyle Pitts though, I think one of the two are bound to fall to late teens/early 20s

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ll be pissed because if it plays out like this, the ravens might be the hottest and most dangerous to miss the playoffs in nfl history lol.

also I think smith is a top 10 lock, top 5 entirely possible. I thought for a time there was a chance he slips to the late teens like lamb did, but I just don’t see it anymore, he might be the heisman runner up.

I’ll take Wyatt Davis or Kyle Pitts though, I think one of the two are bound to fall to late teens/early 20s
Yes, he absolutely may be a top 10 lock. Don't think he goes top five. I'd rather not take a TE in the first round. I'd rather leave that to one of the middle rounds.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yes, he absolutely may be a top 10 lock. Don't think he goes top five. I'd rather not take a TE in the first round. I'd rather leave that to one of the middle rounds.
I don’t want a TE in round 1 either but Kyle Pitts is much closer to a prototype X receiver than anyone else in round 1 besides D Smith and maybe chase. Think of some of the deep shots we’ve run to Hollywood where he just gets leveraged outside and you just know you need a true #1 type to get big then you’d have been better off, Kyle Pitts can be that flex guy to play like an X receiver when we want, and if pushed to develop blocking he could be deadly in a role like Hayden hurst had, motion and blocking in space and leaking out on play actions after chips and what not, he is a mismatch all over the field and he’d be the kind of #1 I’d want for an offense like ours

rossihunter2

Staff Member

agree generally but kyle pitts to me looks potentially like a freak of a weapon - at which point you dont really care what position he plays - he just becomes a weapon and should be drafted as such

he's the only TE i'd even vaguely consider spending any high draft capital on from what ive seen so far

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
agree generally but kyle pitts to me looks potentially like a freak of a weapon - at which point you dont really care what position he plays - he just becomes a weapon and should be drafted as such

he's the only TE i'd even vaguely consider spending any high draft capital on from what ive seen so far
What TE in history does he remind you of. Winslow, Sr, but even more a freak? If that's the case, I'm in.