• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Steve Bisciotti comments about the team

Tru11

Practice Squad
If Trestman ran the ball he’d be better. He deserved to be fired.

agreed.

we dont have the QB to pass alot.

he found out the hard way lol

we just need to find a run first OC tbh
I would like to see a more run heavy approach. People are upset at us running the ball but the passing game is going nowhere and we're a better team when Joe isn't dropping back 40 or more times.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would like to see a more run heavy approach. People are upset at us running the ball but the passing game is going nowhere and we're a better team when Joe isn't dropping back 40 or more times.
Totally agree. Handoff as much as To Collins and ocassionally sweep to camp

I always felt that Steve not being knee-jerk reactionary was a really good thing in general it is. However, taking a critical look at how we've performed for some years now - how we've drafted, how we've used what talent we do have on the field and what kind of production we've gotten out of our franchise QB warrants honest evaluation.

I am afraid Steve has gotten too personally attached to his guys. They are understandably close. Together they did achieve the pinnacle of the sport. What worries me about Steve is that he just doesn't have the desire to do what it takes when an overhaul to this team is needed. He clearly does this for the love and joy of it and it is clearly no fun to have to fire people you've come to respect. I don't know if he's going to have the heart to cut loose his close comrades in that process.

To say what we're seeing on the field now is all about the bounce of a ball is ludicrous. We're playing shit football. A virtual miracle was given last game with two special teams blown coverages and even with those gifts we lose to a rookie QB who was required to do virtually nothing to best us. That's the bounce of a ball? And how about today's stellar performance? Was that a bounce of the ball?

We''re in trouble - and denial from ownership is a concern.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I always felt that Steve not being knee-jerk reactionary was a really good thing in general it is. However, taking a critical look at how we've performed for some years now - how we've drafted, how we've used what talent we do have on the field and what kind of production we've gotten out of our franchise QB warrants honest evaluation.

I am afraid Steve has gotten too personally attached to his guys. They are understandably close. Together they did achieve the pinnacle of the sport. What worries me about Steve is that he just doesn't have the desire to do what it takes when an overhaul to this team is needed. He clearly does this for the love and joy of it and it is clearly no fun to have to fire people you've come to respect. I don't know if he's going to have the heart to cut loose his close comrades in that process.

To say what we're seeing on the field now is all about the bounce of a ball is ludicrous. We're playing shit football. A virtual miracle was given last game with two special teams blown coverages and even with those gifts we lose to a rookie QB who was required to do virtually nothing to best us. That's the bounce of a ball? And how about today's stellar performance? Was that a bounce of the ball?

We''re in trouble - and denial from ownership is a concern.
This team is a thorough non factor so far as the rest of the NFL is concerned.

There are empty seats at M&T and their number will increase with every embarrassing drubbing.

The team has no soul. The team has no playmakers. The teams has no fire and no identity.
The staff struggles to develop talent.
Harbaugh has lost them and his act has worn thin.

I can't fathom his being retained.

There are empty seats at M&T and their number will increase with every embarrassing drubbing.

The team has no soul. The team has no playmakers. The teams has no fire and no identity.

I am beginning to get the sense that what you say is indeed the reality. That's the sentiment of most fans. That is not the sentiment Bisciotti put forth in this article.

Granted that may change if things continue in the direction they seem to be heading. But early indication is he is still in the mode of giving his staff the benefit of the doubt.

K-Dog

MVP
I could be wrong but I think at least for the Ravens it was a real 1-2 punch.
While some appreciated the protests, a lot of people didn't. We have been getting our asses kicked since then as well. For clarity I am NOT implying that the two are even remotely related. But the combination of the two has a lot if not most fans feeling pretty unenthused about their team.
I have not been to a home game yet this season, but I have a hunch the fans are not as into it as they usually would be. Which of course is understandable.

I think between the social climate, and the team sucking, fans just aren't all that excited right now.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Personally, I love Ozzie and DeCosta but they have both seriously whiffed badly on the 2nd round. Since 2013 we came away with Arthur Brown(Cut), Timmy Jernigan(Traded), Maxx Williams(Disappointment), Kamalei Correa(Disappointment), Tyus Bowser(TBD)

Brown and Correa just seem to have the same issue. Athletic LBs who can fly but the lack of size and playing strength will prohibit their impact in the NFL. Williams has issues with staying on the field and his impact since getting drafted is minimal. Jernigan was a good player for us during his time here but has been traded(I think we would like to have that one back.)

Bowser I think has been solid but needs to work on sealing the edge. I think he's going to be an impact player for us in the future and I can't wait to see what he does for us.

Outside of that, those are three 2nd round picks who have not made much a contribution to this team. That's just a big issue for the fact that 2nd round picks are almost like late 1st round picks, there are still great talent there and if you're picking early in the 2nd round you are still going to have a good player potentially fall to you.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Personally, I love Ozzie and DeCosta but they have both seriously whiffed badly on the 2nd round. Since 2013 we came away with Arthur Brown(Cut), Timmy Jernigan(Traded), Maxx Williams(Disappointment), Kamalei Correa(Disappointment), Tyus Bowser(TBD)

Brown and Correa just seem to have the same issue. Athletic LBs who can fly but the lack of size and playing strength will prohibit their impact in the NFL. Williams has issues with staying on the field and his impact since getting drafted is minimal. Jernigan was a good player for us during his time here but has been traded(I think we would like to have that one back.)

Bowser I think has been solid but needs to work on sealing the edge. I think he's going to be an impact player for us in the future and I can't wait to see what he does for us.

Outside of that, those are three 2nd round picks who have not made much a contribution to this team. That's just a big issue for the fact that 2nd round picks are almost like late 1st round picks, there are still great talent there and if you're picking early in the 2nd round you are still going to have a good player potentially fall to you.
I think Bowser is gonna buck that trend. Dude makes plays in coverage and has turned into a solid blitzer. Like Tim Williams, if he can ever set the edge in the run game he's going to be a pro bowler.

Apparently Ozzie took over in the draft again in 2016. And I think it shows tbh. Not that I think DeCosta is horrible, but I think there's a clear margin. Correa is a bust at this point. I know it's too early, but man that was a mind-boggling pick.

We need to fix this shit though. A lot of the team's struggles are on Ozzie.

I think Bowser is gonna buck that trend. Dude makes plays in coverage and has turned into a solid blitzer. Like Tim Williams, if he can ever set the edge in the run game he's going to be a pro bowler.

Apparently Ozzie took over in the draft again in 2016. And I think it shows tbh. Not that I think DeCosta is horrible, but I think there's a clear margin. Correa is a bust at this point. I know it's too early, but man that was a mind-boggling pick.

I think Bowser is going to be a stud here, he just needs to learn how to set the edge but that will come soon. There are plenty of LBs who excel in rush, coverage and yet are still in the process of setting the edge.

I'm frustrated with Tim Williams, how can they not find a way to get this guy on the field. I'm really getting frustrated with Harbaugh/Pees in that sense, I know he's hurt now but if you have trouble getting to the QB...then...why not play the guy who was a pass rushing monster at College? I know it's not that simple and come's down to the X's and O's but Tim Williams to me just needs opportunities to come his way and it feels like they can find it for everyone who have not done much with it like Maxx, Perriman, Kaufusi, and Correa yet they can't do so for Tim Williams, it's ridiculous.

Did Ozzie take over the draft again? If so then it absolutely shows because these past two drafts have been serious turnarounds.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Will always love and respect John Harbaugh for the tremendous progress he as made from being a special teams coach, rising up and helping lead our team to become winners, playoff contenders and ultimately super bowl champions.

But he is becoming a robot after every loss, saying literally the same things over and over again, and if I was a player I would have a hard time working for and respecting a guy who sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing, or how to fix the glaring problems on deck.

After the loss today he opened by congratulating the opposing team and saying how they were the better team (as per usual) then he goes on to say how "we need to get better" "and find a way to improve" "and we're looking on to next week". - This pisses me off as a fan and Im sure this is getting old to the players, he says this EVERY LOSS. We get it Harbaugh don't focus on losses, but you are clearly not focusing on week in and week out consistently horrible issues. And he won't do anything "but improve" to get better in those areas....???? Ok. Maybe week 16 or 17 we will "improve" or maybe if you fire Marty Mornenwhig we will improve.

He also said that our run game "Looked good today"...really??? Took 4 runners to pile up a whopping 18/64 (3.5ypc) scoreless yards lol that's good? We don't have a RB talented enough to lead the pack and pile up 100yds on their own, and even with the garbage split back situation it takes us 3-4 runners to pile up decent yardage. So to say our run game looked good today???? Maybe he was thinking about the other purple team.

I find it hard to believe that if John Harbaugh called a meeting with Steve, Ozzie, Dick and co. , and said 'We're half way thru the season, we are not good enough to score on crummy defenses nor defeat rookie/backup QBs....let's make a change, fire Mornewhig etc.' I find it hard to believe our front office would completely close the door on that notion.

It seems more like it's Harbaughs decision or opinion that we have the right coordinators in place to get the job done, and our FO is giving Harbaugh one last chance to be the HC and keep "his personnel".

And if that's the case, bye bye Harbs on black Monday. Harbs is a FOOL to keep on backing up and defending Marty Mornenwhig who is by far our biggest catalyst on the team, our offense sucks big time, causing our D to be overworked and susceptible to the beatings they have taken due to unbalanced time of possession.

Fire Mornenwhig and promote someone from within and put emphasis on a high tempo offense that ditches the west coast esque flavors of mornewhigs style-ie. the short passes, slants, designed 2-5yard routes...and focus on attacking the middle of the field and the deep ball.

Something significant like a firing needs to be done and Harbs refuses to admit we have a problem and address it

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Is there a source to this? That's interesting if true.

I remember decosta really wanted eric Ebron the year he came out. Ebron hasn't done much. Sooo maybe we need to look more at decosta if that's the case.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Edgar this team is ASS man! Pure ASS!

I'm surprised that ANYONE on that offense is getting a damn check!

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I could be wrong but I think at least for the Ravens it was a real 1-2 punch.
While some appreciated the protests, a lot of people didn't. We have been getting our asses kicked since then as well. For clarity I am NOT implying that the two are even remotely related. But the combination of the two has a lot if not most fans feeling pretty unenthused about their team.
I have not been to a home game yet this season, but I have a hunch the fans are not as into it as they usually would be. Which of course is understandable.

I think between the social climate, and the team sucking, fans just aren't all that excited right now.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
Alright, so I have been to two games at the bank in my life. The first one was in 2012 and I was 11. Then 5 years later I went to the one against the Steelers. Living in CA, it has been impossible to see the Ravens really. I saved up money starting the day after the game when I was 11 so I could go on a trip to Baltimore and see the Steelers lose. In 2012, I saw us play the Browns and that game was crazy. Carry Williams signed my hat and he had his first career pick, which was a game winning td. I was amazed by the PROTECT THIS HOUSE, the way the stadium rocked and 20 hugs I was awarded by strangers after a td. And it was pouring, and I mean pouring rain that night, but no one left until the final whistle. I know I was a lot more childish and kids that age tend to exaggerate how cool things were, but never the less I couldn't wait to see the Ravens play Pitt. Getting those early autographs was amazing, but man was it a letdown in the actual stadium. I wasn't too pissed about how the Ravens played, as we have problems, and teams can't always win. I was however so sad to see the fans or lack of. The stadium wasn't empty, but it was not what I expected a Ravens Steelers game to be. After we turned the ball over on downs halfway in the forth, half of the stadium left. Most of my section was, and it was really depressing. No one cheered when we had anything nice, mostly just boo's when we were playing bad. I agree that the combination has really fucked with our fan base. I heard tickets for the Dolphins game are only 30$, and for a Thursday night that really does break my heart.

Tru11

Practice Squad

This team has the fire and the identity of the face of the franchise......

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I don’t get why everyone wants harbaugh gone I really don’t if you take away 2015 we’ve missed the playoffs once and I don’t count 2015 because I’ve never seen a team so injury riddled...how is it that we miss the playoffs twice in 3 years and now he’s a bad coach say we miss this year that’s still 10 seasons 1 super bowl 2 AFC championship appearances 7 total playoff appearances and 3 missed and one season was .500 80% of teams in this league would die for that most teams struggle to make it to the playoffs in 10 years let alone 7 times in 10 years

Spoiled fans.
Many of them have less than 15 years as fans.

So not being a fan of a team for more than 15 years means you’re not allowed to criticize? I’ve been a Ravens fan for 12 years, and I’m entitled to an opinion.

I think there is no way harbaugh is gone this season if we miss the playoffs and miss again next year then I think there are talks

We've actually missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

2013: 8-8 (missed playoffs)
2014: 10-6 (made playoffs; lost in Div round)
2015: 5-11 (missed playoffs)
2016: 8-8 (missed playoffs)

Also, if you take our combined record after the SB win (including this year) then we sit at 34-36 which is the definition of mediocre. So, if we miss the playoffs again this year (very likely if we don't fix the offensive issues) then that would be missing the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years. Most head coaches would be, at the very least, on the hot seat after that regardless of any excuses like having an injury-riddled team.

I like John Harbaugh and he's done a great job in his time here until recently, but it may be time to start thinking about going in a different direction. This is a results-oriented league and we're not getting the results that we want right now. I would say that Harbaugh is gone after next season if we fail to make the playoffs this year and next. He still has time to right the ship, but if he can't do it then it's time for a new head coach with a different philosophy.

as raylewis52thegreatest says, and by the way ray was the best and is underappreciated even here, we have missed the playoffs far more than ravensfan419 says. this yr will make 4 of the last 5 yrs with the exception being a yr with a horrid secondary (whose fault is that) but a kubiak run offense that saved our season. no kubiak and its even worse.

harball came to a STACKED team. not even going into the personnel we had, it was STACKED. not only was it stacked the chemistry was exquisite the best group of guys with complimentary abilities ever. ozze gets credit for that but we was already on the decline due to draftin errors when we won that championship. since then its been steep downhill.

in the end harball will have had a 10 yr run in Baltimore but if bisciotti can't see harball is over in Baltimore bisciotti has to go to. harball was fine with a good team but for disciplinary reasons he helped disband it. we don't need no more harball. unless its jim.

its time for john harball to apply his trade elsewhere and for the ravens to have a youth movement at all levels.