• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What's Your Favorite Meal?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of course there are a variety of things that I love to eat that my wife makes but my absolute favorite meal is:

Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes w/gravy
Brussel Sprouts
Cornbread
Iced-Tea

Oh my goodness! When my wife makes this stuff; I just throw her my wallet and say go buy whatever you want on me!
:D

Last edited:

K-Dog

MVP
Pretty much anything my wife makes. She is an amazing cook. She should be on the Food Network.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like a smoked slab of ribs(baby backs) with SC mustard sauce on it with some sort of potato and asparagus. Some great spring time food right there bro.
[doublepost=1494273816,1494273650][/doublepost]
Pretty much anything my wife makes. She is an amazing cook. She should be on the Food Network.

Now you know you don't gotta suck up to her on here K-Dog. :D

K-Dog

MVP
I like a smoked slab of ribs(baby backs) with SC mustard sauce on it with some sort of potato and asparagus. Some great spring time food right there bro.
[doublepost=1494273816,1494273650][/doublepost]

Now you know you don't gotta suck up to her on here K-Dog. :D
oh I know.
I just choose to.

I used to love meat, bbq, smoked, slow roasted etc but I have damaged kidneys so last year I was forced into becomming a vegan. Its not great but Im strong willed and make the most of it.

When I say its not great I mean its like being in a horror movie.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I love the "Bay B Back" ribs from Mission BBQ with extra old bay. Those along with the bacon string beans and slaw and I'm in heaven.

K-Dog

MVP
I love the "Bay B Back" ribs from Mission BBQ with extra old bay. Those along with the bacon string beans and slaw and I'm in heaven.
I love me some Mission BBQ.
I went to the original one in Glen Burnie shortly after it opened. Been going there pretty regularly ever since.
I have had pretty much everything on the menu. Never had anything bad.
I agree though. The Old Bay ribs are my go-to.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Now that's what I'm talking about.
Yea, since i have never really lived in Baltmore its something i havent got to enjoy as much as i would like. I was just down in FL for two weeks (thats why i wasnt on BR.com on the closing days) and went to Pinchers (seafood place) and killed about 3 dozen blue crabs, wanted more. Just so expensive there and here in San Diego. Whats an average cost out there when you go to a place for some crab?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yea, since i have never really lived in Baltmore its something i havent got to enjoy as much as i would like. I was just down in FL for two weeks (thats why i wasnt on BR.com on the closing days) and went to Pinchers (seafood place) and killed about 3 dozen blue crabs, wanted more. Just so expensive there and here in San Diego. Whats an average cost out there when you go to a place for some crab?
Good question. I'm more of a crab cake guy and I tend to get them in Baltimore, but I do love blue crabs in any form. There's a place in Annapolis MD called Mikes crabs that is very good, just don't remember the place.

There is a place in the dc area that makes a great crab cake. It's Chef Tony's -- Seafood / continental type restaurant. Everything is fresh. Anyway, his crab cakes have no filler so they are falling apart. Definitely one of the better ones I've had. I also like G&M among other places in the Baltimore area.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Good question. I'm more of a crab cake guy and I tend to get them in Baltimore, but I do love blue crabs in any form. There's a place in Annapolis MD called Mikes crabs that is very good, just don't remember the place.

There is a place in the dc area that makes a great crab cake. It's Chef Tony's -- Seafood / continental type restaurant. Everything is fresh. Anyway, his crab cakes have no filler so they are falling apart. Definitely one of the better ones I've had. I also like G&M among other places in the Baltimore area.
Im going to see what i can do about trying to go to a game in Baltimore this year. I have the game in TN already scheduled, only game i remember going to in Baltimore was against the Raiders, i believe it was the first game ever, cant remember. Obviously excited to be at a home game, but definitely excited to have some maryland style blue crab IN maryland for once. I assume its offered at a lot of restaurants?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

The price in Md is basically seasonal and the size. In season which I would say is mid June to the beginning of Oct if you eat out you can probally get it for a dollar a crab and maybe more for the #1's which are the bigs and what you want btw. Since I never go out to actually eat em since a lot of times I catch my own and if I go to any parties where they have crab its usually bought by the bushel. And yes Md crab is better than Fla crab even tho same species. And don't forget the Old Bay which what I like to do is get the meat and then rub it on the shell and chase it down with a cold one. Nothing better. Oh btw 3 dozen crabs is a lot. They must have been small and that had to be a lot of picking.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
The price in Md is basically seasonal and the size. In season which I would say is mid June to the beginning of Oct if you eat out you can probally get it for a dollar a crab and maybe more for the #1's which are the bigs and what you want btw. Since I never go out to actually eat em since a lot of times I catch my own and if I go to any parties where they have crab its usually bought by the bushel. And yes Md crab is better than Fla crabi even tho same species. And don't forget the Old Bay which what I like to do is get the meat and then rub it on the shell and chase it down with a cold one. Nothing better. Oh btw 3 dozen crabs is a lot. They must have been small and that had to be a lot of picking.

What the actual Fu....i mean, a dollar a crab. id eat out every day. And im no rookie man, i buy old bay by the pound basically. I put it on everything i eat. Anytime you see Maryland style crab, it means its cooked with Old Bay, which some people out here in cali have no idea what it is. To me there is only one way to eat a crab....

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
Lol, a dollar a crab? Are those caught in Back River near the shit plant or the Inner Harbor?
I wouldn't trust eating any crab that costs a dollar.

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I go hunting every evening for my meal. It's pretty easy to find a wild hamburger in the woods or in their nest at McDonald's.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
What the actual Fu....i mean, a dollar a crab. id eat out every day. And im no rookie man, i buy old bay by the pound basically. I put it on everything i eat. Anytime you see Maryland style crab, it means its cooked with Old Bay, which some people out here in cali have no idea what it is. To me there is only one way to eat a crab....

lol you made me do some homework sumbitch but hey at least I covered my ass by saying I don't go out to eat em but the thing is I should have thought of how much a bushel actually cost which is over a dollar a crab unprepared and get them damn Californians out my Old Bay.

https://www.howmuchisit.org/how-much-does-blue-crab-cost/

usmccharles

Practice Squad
lol you made me do some homework sumbitch but hey at least I covered my ass by saying I don't go out to eat em but the thing is I should have thought of how much a bushel actually cost which is over a dollar a crab unprepared and get them damn Californians out my Old Bay.

https://www.howmuchisit.org/how-much-does-blue-crab-cost/
Good info. Sounds like a bushel to myself would do it for a ravens game every sunday. Seriously, if i could find a job in Baltimore, i would move there in a heartbeat. And i hate the cold weather, and i mean.....haaaatteeeeeeeee

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good info. Sounds like a bushel to myself would do it for a ravens game every sunday. Seriously, if i could find a job in Baltimore, i would move there in a heartbeat. And i hate the cold weather, and i mean.....haaaatteeeeeeeee

Really don't know why cant and uh you don't think it gets cold here? Don't let this tropical crab bonanza place fool ya.