• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Since winning the Super Bowl in 2012, we have NEVER made the playoffs when playing the Bengals in week 17.

Other from that, fuck a preview. There's only two things. WIN AND STAY HEALTHY!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Win and In!

Controlling our own destiny against a Bengals team that has played well the last 2 weeks. Cannot overlook the final hurdle.

Every game is a playoff game and has been since Week 13 - this week is no different.
Assuming we don't suffer from terrible injuries, we will find out a lot about the mental makeup of this team come Sunday.

We're also in with a Steelers win I think
Yes indeed. Also, if the Bills backups can do the unthinkable and beat the Dolphins.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Assuming we don't suffer from terrible injuries, we will find out a lot about the mental makeup of this team come Sunday.

Yes indeed. Also, if the Bills backups can do the unthinkable and beat the Dolphins.
I don't think the Bills' backups will be playing. They should be putting their starters out there as they still have the 2 seed to play for.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m legit worried about the Bengals. For some reason they suddenly started to play better.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
probably similar idea to the jets - it's freeing having nothing to lose and being completely counted out and having the opportunity to play spoiler

and also just another example of the NFL parity
That is probably a true statement. I’m also assuming people counted them out when they played them and looked past them. Texans have been bad so they’re not too surprising but it is still concerning regardless. I also hate how our defense has been—it is so hot and cold during games and changes quarter by quarter. Today was a bit ridiculous because I think we gave them an entire drive based on penalties.
No Tyler Boyd moments...
Please don’t remind me. Requesting ban lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That is probably a true statement. I’m also assuming people counted them out when they played them and looked past them. Texans have been bad so they’re not too surprising but it is still concerning regardless. I also hate how our defense has been—it is so hot and cold during games and changes quarter by quarter. Today was a bit ridiculous because I think we gave them an entire drive based on penalties.

Please don’t remind me. Requesting ban lol
lol, I'll go to the pit of misery

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't trust the Steelers to win next week against the Browns. All I know is we better win this game, in 2017 the Bengals and Bills conspired together to end the Bills 17 year playoff drought. The Browns have an 18 year playoff drought, let's not end another team's drought on our loss.

Win and get in.... that's all I care about next week. What are the chances the NFL moves all the playoff determining games to 4PM or later making us wait all day to find out if we are in or not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

when we've got our full choice of DBs the defence looks dominant
when we have 2 40 year old CBs and and Jordan Richards in the game, the defence obviously starts to struggle

I'm not worried yet about the defence when we get to the playoffs - Campbell should be healthier, hopefully MP and Jimmy will be healthy again and that would be massive for us

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't trust the Steelers to win next week against the Browns. All I know is we better win this game, in 2017 the Bengals and Bills conspired together to end the Bills 17 year playoff drought. The Browns have an 18 year playoff drought, let's not end another team's drought on our loss.

Win and get in.... that's all I care about next week. What are the chances the NFL moves all the playoff determining games to 4PM or later making us wait all day to find out if we are in or not.

they normally schedule games so that all the games that impact each other happen simultaneously

as it stands my guess is the primetime game will be Eagles v Washington

but normally they make the games that have playoff implications on others all happen at the same time

bonus for the NFL is it means you get images and drama like the Steelers watching the Ravens Browns game in 2018 on the field at the end of the game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

i dont trust them either but also if we fuck around and lose this game we truly dont deserve the playoffs and backing in after that would be delaying the embarrassment, if you can lay that egg against the bengals then i cant trust you to win a playoff game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i dont trust them either but also if we fuck around and lose this game we truly dont deserve the playoffs and backing in after that would be delaying the embarrassment, if you can lay that egg against the bengals then i cant trust you to win a playoff game

yeah would have been disappointing and felt really awful if we missed the playoffs despite winning out

but if we miss it because we cant finish in week 17 then that's when you can truly say we had no business being in there

so lets make this entire discussion completely moot and crush the bengals