• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
not unexpected...

Why was this expected? I don't recall hearing anything about Justin Ellis. Also with Ellis being out, it seems a little weird to have Broderick be out. We're going to be a little thin on the Dline. Then Mekari I think there was some hope he'd play, guess not. Then Proche is out again and there's never been an explanation. Not good to see that Willie is out after that weird hit. We'll continue to miss Jimmy and we'll likely miss Yannick at least a little. Also Mark Ingram has actived which I think is a little surprising. I don't know. I don't care, let's just get a win today

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why was this expected? I don't recall hearing anything about Justin Ellis. Also with Ellis being out, it seems a little weird to have Broderick be out. We're going to be a little thin on the Dline. Then Mekari I think there was some hope he'd play, guess not. Then Proche is out again and there's never been an explanation. Not good to see that Willie is out after that weird hit. We'll continue to miss Jimmy and we'll likely miss Yannick at least a little. Also Mark Ingram has actived which I think is a little surprising. I don't know. I don't care, let's just get a win today

they sometimes have had both guys deactivated a few times this year... not a real surprise that we're only going with 4 on the DL - I think their expectation is that they won't need a ton of DL snaps today and they've activated both ferguson and jihad ward (who takes some snaps from DL) as EDGE

Mekari was super unlikely to play this week - the real question is whether he'll be back by wildcard weekend

proche healthy scratched last week - while disappointing it's not a surprise

willie and ngakoue have been expected to be out all week (just like mekari)

jimmy's out but I think he practiced for the first time this week (iirc) which is a good sign for his availability next week - would have been a tough ask for him to come back after like 3 weeks out with only 1 or 2 practices

the good news is that peters is back

ingram activation suggests to me that Gus's injury might reduce his load a bit

it's a different looking injury report to recent weeks but i wouldnt say it's surprising at all - most of this inactives list we could have predicted a couple of days ago

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
lol, did they say why?

No, they didn't say why. hahahaha, but it's pretty obvious that the big baby needed some down time given the taxing losses they've had... "Take the time to relax and center yourself, BigBen. We'll need you ready for the Playoffs, big fella."

I think it's still sort of lost on how big of a loss that first Steelers game was for us. That was a must win, but I don't think our guys were prepped that way. I think that is a huge difference between teams like the Pats who always won those games and us who have always fought our way into the Playoffs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No, they didn't say why. hahahaha, but it's pretty obvious that the big baby needed some down time given the taxing losses they've had... "Take the time to relax and center yourself, BigBen. We'll need you ready for the Playoffs, big fella."

I think it's still sort of lost on how big of a loss that first Steelers game was for us. That was a must win, but I don't think our guys were prepped that way. I think that is a huge difference between teams like the Pats who always won those games and us who have always fought our way into the Playoffs.

we didnt lose because we werent prepped - we lost because we turned the ball over a ton

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
we didnt lose because we werent prepped - we lost because we turned the ball over a ton

And having a game plan that minimized TO's would have been nice. Explain how a running team throwing a 4 yard pass on the first series with a 3rd and 6 is prepping a team!

...you can believe what you choose to believe and I'll continue to point out that this is a track record of not understanding crucial, must win games within a season and how to win them...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And having a game plan that minimized TO's would have been nice. Explain how a running team throwing a 4 yard pass on the first series with a 3rd and 6 is prepping a team!

...you can believe what you choose to believe and I'll continue to point out that this is a track record of not understanding crucial, must win games within a season and how to win them...

i dont wanna be rude but no one gameplans to have turnovers...
the only gameplan that minimizes turnovers is kneel, kneel, kneel, punt