• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Downright Atrocious: Week 7 Edition

it was mr quick twitch muscle himself, sledgehammer

i hated jermaine as a person and as a football player. his tape sucked beyond belief.

As a person?? Yeah hes raw as hell. Strong as hell too so maybe he'll become something. He kinda reminds me of Chilo Rachal, physical marvel but one of the worst linemen in the league.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Most teams are using the same scouting firms for intelligence. The ravens have their own in-house scouts. I think the pressure to “think outside the box” and prove their worth with the whole “red star” system may lead them to outthink themselves from time to time, not to mention Ozzie’s traditional (to say the least) approach to team-building leads to certain positions being potentially overvalued.

( from RSR forum)

So lame. In their own little world. Lame because they can't draft for shit and pretend they can do it better than anyone to the point where they refuse to use scouting firms or PFF.

can see the value of a scouting firm, but to confirm your own observations. maybe to do background investigation. but a GM and his staff have to be able to ascertain athletic ability and ours have not been doing that credibly.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
jarious white, laquan treadwell, kyle rudolph and adam thielen who i admit isnt too bad. this group is as evenly matched as camp, whalen, moore, wallace, watson. i am glad diggs did not play or the score would have been worse
Adam Thielen is #3 in reception yards this year and has been solid. People don't know him because he is a small named guy but he has been a good receiver for the Vikings. Him and Diggs make one of the better duos in the league.

Everyone is finding any excuse to bash Flacco but nobody would win with any of the weapons out there today. I knew that all hope was squashed once Wallace took that giant hit to the head.

The Greek

Veteran
Adam Thielen is #3 in reception yards this year and has been solid. People don't know him because he is a small named guy but he has been a good receiver for the Vikings. Him and Diggs make one of the better duos in the league.

Everyone is finding any excuse to bash Flacco but nobody would win with any of the weapons out there today. I knew that all hope was squashed once Wallace took that giant hit to the head.
sure it is not all on flacco but he does nothing to fire these guys up on the field and on the sidelines he should be talking to these guys so they get on the same page instead of sitting at the end of the bench with a defeated look on his face

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've never seen flacco actually be with his recieving core at all during the sidelines. He just looks at an ipad from time to time or just sulks on his own. It's almost like he just wants to get through the season like it's an annoying chore.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
What the fuck happened to our run defense??? I could complain about so many other things on this team, but this is at the top of my list right now. We spend almost all of our draft picks on D the past couple of years and this is what we get? Not to mention that our pass rush has completely disappeared as well. Pees needs to go...

RavensDFan

Veteran
Indeed, we kind of have to keep Joe. But unless something changes dramatically, we will draft his replacement and he will be a lame duck with one year to show the rest of the league whether or not he has any value to be picked up after we release him or if he really doesn't care anymore and is ready to ride off into the sunset.
Joe is 33 yrs old. Whether one is of a mind to keep him as the starter or not we might want to think about drafting his replacement.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
sure it is not all on flacco but he does nothing to fire these guys up on the field and on the sidelines he should be talking to these guys so they get on the same page instead of sitting at the end of the bench with a defeated look on his face

I'd personally like to see him congaduate Tucker after a FG but I never see him slapping hands.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if Flacco really WANTS to play football anymore than most others truly WANT to go to their job.

I'm guessing he likes the paycheck but that he might prefer watching television or waiting for his eldest to give him proper video game competition.

I think the routine and the grind have worn thin for him and that there's a part that can't wait for the season to end.

It wouldn't surprise me if he treats this part of his life as some would treat a pick-up basketball game. Once you leave....it doesn't matter (much), how you played or whether you won. It's better if you win but in a grand landscape, it doesn't matter either way.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I couldn't agree more.

The truth of the matter is that THE ENTIRE OFFENSE SUCKS ASS! They are downright atrocious and EMBARRASSING to watch and they are getting worse from week to week. :mad: :brickwall:

^^ I've been saying this about this team for weeks now! I'm NOT the only one that sees this :poop:...

http://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/23/ravens-have-no-real-answers-to-improve-and-win-in-2017/

Article snippets:

1. To put it boldly, Baltimore just sucks this year and they have no real answers to get better either.
2. On offense, it was the same story as every week this season. The Ravens were unable to sustain drives and get into the end zone.
3. Kicker Justin Tucker is the biggest weapon on offense.
4. Flacco is the least of this team’s problems right now. While he has been far from perfect, his stats are wildly skewed by a lack of talent around him and passes careening off the hands of his receivers into the hands of defenders. I mean seriously, at least four of his interceptions are tipped passes from his own receivers.

THE RAVENS SUCK ASS! PERIOD! :-1: :-1:

Sooky

Pro Bowler
^^ I've been saying this about this team for weeks now! I'm NOT the only one that sees this :poop:...

http://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/23/ravens-have-no-real-answers-to-improve-and-win-in-2017/

Article snippets:

1. To put it boldly, Baltimore just sucks this year and they have no real answers to get better either.
2. On offense, it was the same story as every week this season. The Ravens were unable to sustain drives and get into the end zone.
3. Kicker Justin Tucker is the biggest weapon on offense.
4. Flacco is the least of this team’s problems right now. While he has been far from perfect, his stats are wildly skewed by a lack of talent around him and passes careening off the hands of his receivers into the hands of defenders. I mean seriously, at least four of his interceptions are tipped passes from his own receivers.

THE RAVENS SUCK ASS! PERIOD! :-1: :-1:
I 100% agree. This team sucks. Even the defense hyped so much in the preseason gets ran over. What happened to stopping the run first? Has Mosley even played well this season? There have been several runs that have broken through the linebacker level and I'm not sure if that would be on Mosley or Onwausor/Correa.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Thielen hasn’t dropped a ball all season. He is a very good receiver.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I 100% agree. This team sucks. Even the defense hyped so much in the preseason gets ran over. What happened to stopping the run first? Has Mosley even played well this season? There have been several runs that have broken through the linebacker level and I'm not sure if that would be on Mosley or Onwausor/Correa.

I was actually travelling a short 3hrs from MS over to FL by car so I wasn't able to "see" the game but I was able to listen to that :poop: that the Ravens, once again; put on the field! Every week it is the same :poop: and they are not getting "better" (to use Harbaugh's buzz word) whatsoever. THEY SUCK ASS! We Ravens fans just need to accept it!

Regardless of who their opponent is, how many injuries they may have or who they don't have playing; I really don't expect much from this Ravens team going forward. If they win, I'll be happy for them but it will be unexpected and if they lose-nothing new! Been there, done that and got the freakin' T-Shirt!

All of these "patch" work and "cheap" players Ozzie's been adding to the roster over the years has caught up with his ass. Bunch of BUMS on the roster! NO DAWGS!!

They need to BLOW THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM UP! Yeah I said it! :cool:

I'm sick of this :poop::poop:.

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly don’t have a problem with the defense. If the offense was even semi capable of scoring then we would win games. Sorry but when the opponent gets the ball at the 50 yard line half the time you can’t expect your defense to force shut outs. Every NFL defense gives up some big plays. Our defense isn’t perfect but it’s pretty good considering all of the factors.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I honestly don’t have a problem with the defense. If the offense was even semi capable of scoring then we would win games. Sorry but when the opponent gets the ball at the 50 yard line half the time you can’t expect your defense to force shut outs. Every NFL defense gives up some big plays. Our defense isn’t perfect but it’s pretty good considering all of the factors.

I get what you're saying, but they're playing no where near the level they should be.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I can agree with this @DeVito52

That Ravens offense sucks ass from top to the bottom!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I find it funny that the biggest problem we’ve had in the past several years is now our absolute strongest position on the team, the outside CB’s.