• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Titans (Wildcard Round)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I really want us to receive the ball first.. idk if it will help but if we score first, we get to play our normal game.. titans defense is suspect.. i really dnt see us losing this one

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Not too scared of the "mighty" Titans.

Took everything they had to beat the Texans. The same Texans team that lost to the Bengals. Come to think of it, the Bengals also beat the Titans...

When the Titans came into the Bank and won in OT, things were different. The Ravens were struggling, play-calling was a mess and the team was still trying to overcome the loss of Stanley.

I truly believe the Ravens are playing their best ball heading into the playoffs.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we’re gonna roll this one tbh. I was way more worried about our playoff game vs them last season, this team feels different, I’m more convinced now about their mental makeup and maturity and fortitude than I was last year, I’m more convinced with the coaching and their feel for the movement of the game after seeing the disasters of midseason and then coming out and finding the sweet spot for the offense and slamming on the gas with it.

biggest worry is just mistakes. If we are sharp and don’t make big mistakes, no fumbles, don’t throw picks by under throwing bombs on first and second down, don’t drop big catches that hit you in the hands, no stupid penalties, and fucking tackle ffs. If we do these things and otherwise just play our game it’s almost certainly a win.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think we’re gonna roll this one tbh. I was way more worried about our playoff game vs them last season, this team feels different, I’m more convinced now about their mental makeup and maturity and fortitude than I was last year, I’m more convinced with the coaching and their feel for the movement of the game after seeing the disasters of midseason and then coming out and finding the sweet spot for the offense and slamming on the gas with it.

biggest worry is just mistakes. If we are sharp and don’t make big mistakes, no fumbles, don’t throw picks by under throwing bombs on first and second down, don’t drop big catches that hit you in the hands, no stupid penalties, and fucking tackle ffs. If we do these things and otherwise just play our game it’s almost certainly a win.
Coaching staff better not be on that goofy shit and start Ingram. They lowkey were trying to do that against Cincy.

Think it's a great time for the playoffs to start. The team is right in stride. Glad there's no bye to break the rhythm too.

A 1pm game is a godsend to those of us across the pond!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
When the ravens had a 2000 yard rusher who came to our stadium and knocked us out of the wildcard round?

who has a 2000 yard rusher and has to play us at their stadium in the wild cars round...

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Titans and Vrabel are a bunch of punks . I despise the team almost as much as the Steelers and that’s saying something.!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everybody focused on Henry. I would recommend everybody go back and watch the last two meetings. He didn't have nearly the impact on the game as it seems, and he wasn't the reason we got beat.

As sloppy an offensive performance as humanly possible last year, with turnovers, dropped passes and penalties.

This year, it was getting play action passed to death and falling for play fake after play fake. We sell out to stop Henry like last time, and they'll hang 25-30 on us via the pass game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Everybody focused on Henry. I would recommend everybody go back and watch the last two meetings. He didn't have nearly the impact on the game as it seems, and he wasn't the reason we got beat.

As sloppy an offensive performance as humanly possible last year, with turnovers, dropped passes and penalties.

This year, it was getting play action passed to death and falling for play fake after play fake. We sell out to stop Henry like last time, and they'll hang 25-30 on us via the pass game.
you still cant let henry take over the game. what we need is for our secondary to hold up, plain and simple, most expensive part of the team, they need to do their job.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
you still cant let henry take over the game. what we need is for our secondary to hold up, plain and simple, most expensive part of the team, they need to do their job.
I agree. I'm just saying I don't think letting Henry take over the game has really been an issue in either game. He took over the first game when you're down 21 points. He's going to take over every game when he's up 21 points. The only way to stop that is to not be down by 21 points.

I agree our secondary needs to handle their side. But that means primarily one-on-one, man coverage, most of the game. It means your linebackers can't collapse every time Tannehill turns to hand the ball off, and it means your safeties can't either. There's more to pass defense than just the secondary.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree. I'm just saying I don't think letting Henry take over the game has really been an issue in either game. He took over the first game when you're down 21 points. He's going to take over every game when he's up 21 points. The only way to stop that is to not be down by 21 points.

I agree our secondary needs to handle their side. But that means primarily one-on-one, man coverage, most of the game. It means your linebackers can't collapse every time Tannehill turns to hand the ball off, and it means your safeties can't either. There's more to pass defense than just the secondary.
oh i agree entirely. play action absolutely killed us, especially last time we played them.

i think our DL is getting their feet back under them just in time, derek wolfe hasnt had to completely carry the load like he did for about a month straight, so his legs should be fresher, campbell has been on a strict snap count and he seems to be moving better now than he was a month ago, madubuike has absolutely broken out and i look for that to continue, im envisioning a big postseason for that young buck, and brandon williams will be dressed for this one, also wasnt judon out when we played them? hes been our best defender for a few weeks now and im looking forward to his hot streak hopefully continuing as well. its assignment football at the end of the day, our DBs need to trust the LBs to do their jobs, our LBs need to trust the DL to do their job, if the DL is penetrating and slowing henry, the LBs can diagnose, rally and tackle, if that plays out then the DBs can cover with confidence, and if that happens, its gg as long as we are scoring.

i think if you put this team in the situation we were in vs the titans in november, not only do they clamp down on defense, but i dont think the titans even see the ball enough at the end to have a chance.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

I guess Humphrey will have AJ Brown. That guy is unbelievable.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Playaction only work cause of henry though.. you have to worry about him regardless.