• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Titans (Wildcard Round)

JAAM

Hall of Famer

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
We have been becoming the team that dominated with running last year, if not against the Titans. If Llamar takes off and runs at any and all opportunities early - - - instead of throwing into tiny windows or dinking and dunking expecting YAC despite the traffic that's going to be around the LOS - - - routinely gaining 5 + yards and the running game is working, we win.

If they come out throwing in the first series, I'm officially worried.

We're better now than when we played them earlier. The "line" feels we should win, so we should. Turnovers will kill us as they did in the last game. They have to be more patient with developing the run and Llamar's breakout ability before turning to the pass. I feel we are very predictable in trying to not be predictable by passing when utilizing run might have not have been expecting. Cloaking runs in passing looks will throw the Titans off.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We have been becoming the team that dominated with running last year, if not against the Titans. If Llamar takes off and runs at any and all opportunities early - - - instead of throwing into tiny windows or dinking and dunking expecting YAC despite the traffic that's going to be around the LOS - - - routinely gaining 5 + yards and the running game is working, we win.

If they come out throwing in the first series, I'm officially worried.

We're better now than when we played them earlier. The "line" feels we should win, so we should. Turnovers will kill us as they did in the last game. They have to be more patient with developing the run and Llamar's breakout ability before turning to the pass. I feel we are very predictable in trying to not be predictable by passing when utilizing run might have not have been expecting. Cloaking runs in passing looks will throw the Titans off.

you mean this Llamar?

wpd5i2czmrn21.png

JAAM

Hall of Famer
It should be “Let Lamar Be Lamar” instead of “Let Russ Cook”.. that overrated, choking corny ass

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
460DD340-4536-4B2B-9849-D306BAAA5D59.jpeg

This picture should be the beginning slide of each power point / film room presentation for the week leading up to the game.

It still irks me that Harbs was the only one who came out to them to defend our shield.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 2577

This picture should be the beginning slide of each power point / film room presentation for the week leading up to the game.

It still irks me that Harbs was the only one who came out to them to defend our shield.
Honestly its mostly media overreaction. Opposing team players go out and dance around mid-field pretty much every game. It just never gets any attention.

As for the response, if you're really that offended by it, do something about it during the game. Nothing's going to be done about it pre-game. What, they going to have a dance off over it? Its just a bunch of idiots yapping at each other.

Titans can do all the talking and dancing they want right now, even in our stadium and on our symbol. Last two times they've played us, they've dealt the bigger body blows, and they've dealt the final knockout blow. They've been doing the talking and they've been backing it up. We haven't.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Random question. If we lost to the Bengals and everything played out the same way would we have made playoffs or do Dolphins replace us?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
For a couple of weeks now, seems like jihad ward and Ferguson been rotating each game. Seems like we Gon need both of them, jelly.. as well as our extra DBs for this game.

I’m curious to see if mark ingram is active this game. Or will he be a victim of the numbers. The extra D-lineman seems more important

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Random question. If we lost to the Bengals and everything played out the same way would we have made playoffs or do Dolphins replace us?
Dolphins would've replaced us (tiebreaker because of better conference record). There's a reason why I want to destroy the Raiders next season.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
There's an interesting stat between Tennessee and us... Going back to our 2000 season the visiting team has defeated the home team in each Playoff appearance when these teams meet.

2000 we beat them in Tenn
2003 they beat us here
2008 we beat them in Tenn
2019 they beat us here ( I was worried last year based on no one thought we'd lose AND the fact of this flip/flop home field thing.)

...if that trend continues... ^_^

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They needed a Cleveland or Indy loss to get in if they lost to Cincinnati. Miami was ahead of them (5 vs 6 seed) heading into week 17, so they couldn't possibly jump them if both teams achieved the same outcome.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For a couple of weeks now, seems like jihad ward and Ferguson been rotating each game. Seems like we Gon need both of them, jelly.. as well as our extra DBs for this game.

I’m curious to see if mark ingram is active this game. Or will he be a victim of the numbers. The extra D-lineman seems more important

they were both active this week against the bengals - but tbf that's probably mostly due to Ngakoue missing the game