• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Would You Do if You Were Ozzie?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Makes me wonder if we keep him on and try to trade him on his current contract to get more ammo in the draft
Fair point. There's always going to be high demand on starting caliber CB. With all our depth getting a 4th out of one of our reserve might be in play. Not sure I'd do it this year though, probably wait a year and be sure of what we have and what we can afford to lose.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Fair point. There's always going to be high demand on starting caliber CB. With all our depth getting a 4th out of one of our reserve might be in play. Not sure I'd do it this year though, probably wait a year and be sure of what we have and what we can afford to lose.
Definitely fair to try to see what the team needs. But I think Carr signed a 2 year so next season will be his last. Might be worth to get a 4th or 5th out of him before his play starts to drop off. Plus that cap hit is something to consider going forward. A trade would take him off of our books. But he very well may be worth keeping with how well he was playing. But the team definitely needs to start investing in the offense.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely fair to try to see what the team needs. But I think Carr signed a 2 year so next season will be his last. Might be worth to get a 4th or 5th out of him before his play starts to drop off. Plus that cap hit is something to consider going forward. A trade would take him off of our books. But he very well may be worth keeping with how well he was playing. But the team definitely needs to start investing in the offense.
Carr signed a 4 year deal but each year had an option year for the team. That being said, I don't think Carr was ever meant to be here longer than 2 years.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Carr signed a 4 year deal but each year had an option year for the team. That being said, I don't think Carr was ever meant to be here longer than 2 years.

I'm all for keeping him again if the cap allows it. A cornerback lineup of Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Young, Canady, and maybe Hill might be one of the deepest in the league.

The cornerback position is one of the 3 most vital positions in football (QB and OLine being others) and you don't want to sacrifice skill at that position until you are forced to.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
im a 22 year old former student, currently unemployed but who is trying to work in the arts (and does sometimes) and has an interest in american sports and is bad at mornings - id say thats the perfect recipe for an awful sleeping pattern

the last time i went to bed pre-midnight was definitely in august sometime i think

You should try bartending dude. Begin as a server to get a feel dealing with people. It's nights and allows u to go to school. Not bad money to. I bartend part time cuz I like it. Extra money is good to. But I could bartend different joints and make more. But our bar isn't open til 2am so it doesn't conflict with my day job. And it helps my fiancé works there lifeguarding at the pool evenings. Well she did til she got sent to a different hotel in the area cuz of our relationship. But it's cool cuz bartending doesn't get in the way of our schedule cuz we get off roughly same time and work same nights. Now after she gets her nursing degree next year bartending could get in our way. Cuz she isn't lifeguarding part time once she begins as a nurse.

The money in lifeguarding isn't good enough for that lol. I talked with her about bartending and even trained her at the school I attended while I was in college. But she is not patient with the public. She is a sweet girl but she can be quite firey!! She yells at me sometimes. I could seriously imagine what she would say to a rude customer that talked down to her!! So moral is if you can deal with people you should look into it as work

Last edited:

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Plan is simple

1. Fire everyone except Roman and our LBs coach.
2. Hire Teryl Austin as HC
3. Here Ted Mocachino as “DC”.
4. Fix the oline.
5. Dedicate the majority of the draft to offense.
6. Give Flacco one last chance.
7. Find an oc. Whether it be Roman or someone else.

Nice list. Joe has only one more chance anyway and that is next year.

When I see this guy Ju Ju the Steelers picked up in the 2nd round I get a little upset.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i kinda went the other way - was worried by the bs narrative that usc wr underperform in the nfl and then i watched his film and i think he ended up around the top 35-40 players on my board
Well I try to avoid that type of narrative as well.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Dont wanna be the one to say i told you so but bobby rainey was not a good KR even after he took a kr back that almost won us the game

Dont wanna be the one to say i told you so but bobby rainey was not a good KR even after he took a kr back that almost won us the game
I think it goes back to our lack of play-makers. Great return guys are great play-makers as well. It's not surprising to me that we have not found stability in the return game since Jacoby Jones (Who was the ultimate play-maker here) left.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think it goes back to our lack of play-makers. Great return guys are great play-makers as well. It's not surprising to me that we have not found stability in the return game since Jacoby Jones (Who was the ultimate play-maker here) left.
Yea i agree! Kr are hard to find nowadays though imo. We need to get blessed with a devin hester type of guy

Yea i agree! Kr are hard to find nowadays though imo. We need to get blessed with a devin hester type of guy
It will go a long way to finding a third option here as well. We've had issues with not having a #3 WR and Jacoby filled that role greatly 2012, especially during our playoff run. Sadly, it was only one year. He was forced into a #2 role, injuries derailed it but when he returned he made a big impact on the team.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No one on here said he was a good kr, he just happened to have a good kick return. That’s all.