• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Would You Do if You Were Ozzie?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
During the game against Bears I saw John lose his shit against a play call, offensive of course.

Not sure if that adds some insight

First thing I'd do is find two capable guards, if we're looking to next season I'd focus on building the strongest oline in the league.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I'm Ozzie I'd draft the best goddam player on offense...

From Alabama.

Calvin Ridley in the 1st.
Trade back to grab a no name defensive player who most likely not going to pan out in the 2nd
Damien Harris in the 3rd
Championship.

Prino61

Practice Squad
If I was Ozzie I would start drafting better talent. I love Ozzie but this team lacks top tier talent.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Here is my dream but still slightly realistic offseason. I would be very happy if this happened.
First thing, fire Dean and Marty. I think we have a good shot at grabbing Hue Jackson, the Browns seem done. Defense, what if we could bring back Chuck Pagano? He was a great play caller and would love to come here to rebuild his career. That would be a great coordinator pair.
Next, we have a good amount of cap space. Sign Andrew Norwell to a 4-5 year deal. Make him the highest paid guard. We need it. Resign Jensen and James Hurst (depth). Get Camp back for a 2-3 year 4-5 million dollar deal. Sign Urban to a small deal also, only if he will be cheap. I like him on special teams and in a rotation. We surely have enough cap space and should have some left over, and that could go to extending Mosley. (Perks of drafting so bad? No decent free agents this year!) We need to cut ties with some players who hold this team back. No more Wallace, Mallet, West. No need for Woodhead. Webb too, he is straight up awful (like him as a player, but he is done. Look at our CBs, Canady, Carr, Jimmy, Hump, Young, and Hill. That is by far our best group. Carr is playing great, but he might be replaceable with Canady / Hump (Don't forget, we need 3 outside starters for Jimmy's monthly injury)
I see us winning about 3 more games, Dolphins, Browns, and Colts. I think we will pick from 8-13. Darnold isn't coming out, so Rosen and Barkley will be gone in a second, no point to trade. I think we stay and go Chubb, Kirk, or Ridley. There is a lack of offensive talent after Rosen and Barkley, so this could be interesting.
Second round. I think we could/should go Luke Falk. He wins big games, needs a bit of work but can sit behind Flacco and light a fire.
(I like Dixon and Collins, with a bit of Buck)
The offense surely has problems, but our run defense is just as bad if not worse. We could use a D lineman or LB in the 3-4th round. Would like us to draft atleast 2 Wr's and Te sometime this draft.
I do agree Flacco gets another year, same with Harbs. We don't need to see a superbowl team next year, we just need major improvement and then I will be content.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens boards have fanboyed over lots of eventual busts.

I understand why you say this, however since the Ray Rice incident it seems like we do not take risks anymore.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I understand why you say this, however since the Ray Rice incident it seems like we do not take risks anymore.
I wish we would’ve taken Tyreek Hill. Fucking Ray

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wish we would’ve taken Tyreek Hill. Fucking Ray

we had a lot of opportunity to draft high impact players but didn't. I am curious as to who is calling the shots and influencing us to go in a different direction

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
What would I do?
Kms. Or retire. I like that option. I’ve had a Hall of fame career as an executive. Fuck y’all