• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Would You Do if You Were Ozzie?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stick to your Bama roots and draft Calvin Ridley. It just might finally work for you at wide reciever. Then you can finally retire.....

And THEN we'll get our new QB/COACH combo with Decosta as our GM.

Thats been the plan this whole time right?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Stick to your Bama roots and draft Calvin Ridley. It just might finally work for you at wide reciever. Then you can finally retire.....

Wait, that sounds like a three year plan.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Calvin would be nice.
My top 3 is
1. Saquon barkley, RB
2. Quenton Nelson, G
3. Calvin Ridley, WR

Surely we're able to grab one of these prospects! But knowing Ozzie, we'll go Defense

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Im a fan of ridley. Seen him play before college and talked to him. Dude is super confident which i love, but i dnt think he best fit for us.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Calvin would be nice.
My top 3 is
1. Saquon barkley, RB
2. Quenton Nelson, G
3. Calvin Ridley, WR

Surely we're able to grab one of these prospects! But knowing Ozzie, we'll go Defense
If we draft barkley id be the happiest ever lol.

I wouldn’t mind Ridley if we’re drafting in the high 20s, he’s a high floor-mid ceiling player. I don’t think he’s going to be a superstar but he might be what the doctor ordered in an immediate contributor and a guy who can move the chains.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
As far as as defensive coordinators go, I would call Chuck Pagano and let him know if the Colts get rid of him, he has a home if he wants to come back.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate to say it but....i dont think Ozzie is bold enough to go after Saquon Barkley. Or even if he think one of these QBs is bound for greatness and wont make a move. He'll sit and watch all the blue chip players get plucked right before his eyes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thus draft class doesnt seem very deep in my eyes

a cursory glance at what ive been watching of cfb this year suggests to me there is a lot of 2nd round rated talents this year - its deep in different ways to last year which was completely loaded in first round picks

last year was the largest number of first round rated players ive personally had since i started grading and ranking pre-draft
id be interested to see the number i end up with this year but i imagine it will be much lower
2016 was also a slightly lower number of first round grades - but i had a lot of lower first round grades/higher 2nd round grades
2015 the lowest number of first round grades ive had since starting to take an interest in scouting - i was very much in favour of trading back in 2015 and i remember the ravens themselves mentioning that perriman was the absolute last player taken who they had a first round grade for and that he'd been the last player left for a few picks before he got to them
2014 was a pretty strong year but not as many 1st round grades as 2017

itll be really interesting to see how 2018 stacks up in terms of 1st round valuations but from a quick look it looks like there's a lot of murky 2nd round type talent like in 2016 - albeit it looks legit stacked at the very top of the draft (even that is kind of similar to 2016)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
What would I do if I were Ozzie? I would quit before this team goes to total Hell! Leave Eric DeCosta to clean up the mess that he has in part helped create. I would retire from the NFL and take up some position with Alabama, maybe as Athletic Director or something.