• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Playoffs Discussion

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
can someone explain to me why on earth the packers would take the FG there?

makes literally no sense - you're down a td with less than 2 and a half minutes on the clock... now taking the 3 you're still down a td... but now you dont have the ball and might not get it back...

please explain that decision to me because unless im missing something obvious that seems like the dumbest possible decision
He lacked a spine. Once again, Rodgers didn't get a last chance after his defense failed him.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yuck. I do not like either AFC team but would rather have one of them win the SB than TB. Have no desire to watch.

I still think this is will be so ironic if Buffalo wins and the first time Buffalo gets back to the Super Bowl, they have to beat Tom Brady to win the Super Bowl.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Also, if they suddenly wanted to call holding, they should’ve done it when Adams was held in the endzone

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The powers that be want Brady in the SB. It's a great storyline......

Brady parts ways with Belicheat....
Gronk retires.....
Gronk comes out of retirement.....
Brady signs with the Bucs......
Brady encourages Gronk to come out of retirement to join him....
Bucs BEAT the Packers......

BRADY REACHES HIS 10TH SUPERBOWL AND IN HIS FIRST YEAR WITHOUT BELICHICK!

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor

Was making this point during our wild card game. Obviously the refs didn't cost the Packers the game, but the refs like to let some things play as "playoff football" but micromanage at other moments down the stretch. Terribly inconsistent and frustrating.

The powers that be want Brady in the SB. It's a great storyline......

Brady parts ways with Belicheat....
Gronk retires.....
Gronk comes out of retirement.....
Brady signs with the Bucs......
Brady encourages Gronk to come out of retirement to join him....
Bucs BEAT the Packers......

BRADY REACHES HIS 10TH SUPERBOWL AND IN HIS FIRST YEAR WITHOUT BELICHICK!

Don’t forget we will hear for the next 2 weeks how TB is the first team to pay in a SB in their own stadium.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still think this is will be so ironic if Buffalo wins and the first time Buffalo gets back to the Super Bowl, they have to beat Tom Brady to win the Super Bowl.

Could be just what the doctor ordered.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yuck. I do not like either AFC team but would rather have one of them win the SB than TB. Have no desire to watch.

My wife said the same thing but I think I’m in the minority and I’m rooting for Brady. As much as I hated him with the Pats, I’m just appreciating being able to watch greatness in his last year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I also really hate these FA assembled teams. Outside of Evan’s & Godwin how many of the really important pieces to this roster were homegrown?

i mean quite a lot of it is homegrown...

in terms of contributors: just the QB, the C, a backup TE, WR3, a backup RB on offence... and on defence just the 2 EDGEs and 1 DT

it only feels like it's a team of mercenaries because they're getting major contributions from some high profile name free agent signings...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He lacked a spine. Once again, Rodgers didn't get a last chance after his defense failed him.

shouldnt have needed a last chance - should have gone for it on 4th down - defence didn't fail per se - that's on the head coach

if you fail on the 4th down then you've got the exact same situation with the clock but you had a chance to tie the game to get you into that position

at least that way the game was in Aaron Rodgers hands and you didnt lose not-knowing and coaching scared...

i think matt lefleur's a great coach and he's had a great season but that was a gutless end and he'll have to own it

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Was making this point during our wild card game. Obviously the refs didn't cost the Packers the game, but the refs like to let some things play as "playoff football" but micromanage at other moments down the stretch. Terribly inconsistent and frustrating.

what i dont get about this argument is like - what do you want the refs to do in that spot? not call the egregious penalty that's clearly potentially going to impact the outcome?

you can let guys be more physical etc. but that's an egregious foul - what do you want the refs to do there? you can't ignore that when it's right in front of you - back judge had an unimpeded view of the jersey being pulled like a yard away from his body lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
shouldnt have needed a last chance - should have gone for it on 4th down - defence didn't fail per se - that's on the head coach

if you fail on the 4th down then you've got the exact same situation with the clock but you had a chance to tie the game to get you into that position

at least that way the game was in Aaron Rodgers hands and you didnt lose not-knowing and coaching scared...

i think matt lefleur's a great coach and he's had a great season but that was a gutless end and he'll have to own it
I think we're in agreement here. I was saying the "he" in my post is LeFleur lacking a spine. I mean it's not like it's the NFC Championship with the game on the line or anything.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My wife said the same thing but I think I’m in the minority and I’m rooting for Brady. As much as I hated him with the Pats, I’m just appreciating being able to watch greatness in his last year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i really dont have any issue with the brady on the bucs - i would have rather seen the packers there but i dont have a problem with the bucs getting there...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Tom Brady comes to Tampa....

- Tampa Bay Lightning win The Stanley Cup

- The Rays make the World Series

- Buccaneers are heading to the Super Bowl, become first team ever to host the Super Bowl in their own stadium.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
i mean quite a lot of it is homegrown...

in terms of contributors: just the QB, the C, a backup TE, WR3, a backup RB on offence... and on defence just the 2 EDGEs and 1 DT

it only feels like it's a team of mercenaries because they're getting major contributions from some high profile name free agent signings...
Ah so it’s only:
The Most important spot on the team
The Most important/second most important spot in the O-line
Gronk
A receiver who everyone knew was talented but was also a cancer
Their most prolific pass rusher
A strong DT
And their other most important pass rusher

But it’s not a team of mercenaries because of Evan’s, Godwin, Lavonte David, and maybe Wirfs?

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
what i dont get about this argument is like - what do you want the refs to do in that spot? not call the egregious penalty that's clearly potentially going to impact the outcome?

you can let guys be more physical etc. but that's an egregious foul - what do you want the refs to do there? you can't ignore that when it's right in front of you - back judge had an unimpeded view of the jersey being pulled like a yard away from his body lol
I would like for them to call the obvious hold on Lazard, Adams, etc, as well as call the final PI. I have no issue with the final call so long as they call the other fouls.

You can't call Snead on a VERY ticky tacky OPI when AJ Brown's was egregious and chalk it up to the refs "letting them play".

Would like to reiterate that what lost GB the game was the 6 points off 3 turnovers, not the refs.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Tom Brady comes to Tampa....

- Tampa Bay Lightning win The Stanley Cup

- The Rays make the World Series

- Buccaneers are heading to the Super Bowl, become first team ever to host the Super Bowl in their own stadium.

Jesus in cleats.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bills can not settle for Field Goals, they will need touchdowns. Don't give Mahomes and the Chiefs opportunities to win the game.