• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Divisional Round Baltimore Ravens @ Buffalo Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJB

Practice Squad
It was a really unusual season. Better than what I expected. Nice chatting on game days with you guys....helped keep my heart rate down, cannot probably survive another heart attack.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
not really - we've been sending 3 guys out on routes with 6-7 guys in coverage

the short-middle has been open but we haven't been calling passes there - just been running into those boxes - ive been defending roman the last 6 weeks but that's a playcalling issue not to take advantage

I don’t want to defend the play calling too much. But ultimately Roman is one of 5 or 6 OCs who would be able to build an offense around Lamar, and plays have been there to be made. Lamar just leaves too much on the field.

What’s even the solution at this point? Hiring another OC who’s gonna have to build a diverse run scheme (spoiler alert: none of them have actually been as successful as Roman). Bringing in better receivers? (Spoiler alert: receivers don’t want to come here and hitting on them in the draft is rare no matter who’s pulling the trigger). Getting better OL? (Spoiler alert: this team has a better record of developing OL talent than 95% of the league and even with Stanley, they couldn’t deal with blitz-heavy schemes).

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t want to defend the play calling too much. But ultimately Roman is one of 5 or 6 OCs who would be able to build an offense around Lamar, and plays have been there to be made. Lamar just leaves too much on the field.

What’s even the solution at this point? Hiring another OC who’s gonna have to build a diverse run scheme (spoiler alert: none of them have actually been as successful as Roman). Bringing in better receivers? (Spoiler alert: receivers don’t want to come here and hitting on them in the draft is rare no matter who’s pulling the trigger). Getting better OL? (Spoiler alert: this team has a better record of developing OL talent than 95% of the league and even with Stanley, they couldn’t deal with blitz-heavy schemes).
Roman doesn't snap the ball over the QBs head, nor does he throw redzone pick 6s, nor does he crumble as an olineman the second the ball is snapped

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Offense put up -4 net points in the game. Believe it or not you don’t win often like that. Blame Roman all you want but how does any starting qb beyond high school make that “pass” to Andrews? I’m tired of defending Lamar because he can make plays against Meh teams. This is a 20th ranked run defense that we can’t move on. There’s more problems than just Greg Roman heren

Hopefully this loss cause GRo to hit the road.
I'd like that too, but Roman has only been OC since 2019. Harbs doesn't give up on coordinators quickly. Even Mortinweg had 3 seasons. Trestman was fired quickly but he was terrible. Roman had an awe-inspiring first season. A 2020 year with no offseason and 12 wins total is not likely lead to Roman being canned. Maybe, maybe some other team might be foolish enough to lure him away as a HC, but I doubt it.

Offense put up -4 net points in the game. Believe it or not you don’t win often like that. Blame Roman all you want but how does any starting qb beyond high school make that “pass” to Andrews? I’m tired of defending Lamar because he can make plays against Meh teams. This is a 20th ranked run defense that we can’t move on. There’s more problems than just Greg Roman heren
Roman is still a problem though. Even the announcers were pointing out how soft the middle of the field was all game long and Roman didn't even attempt to exploit it until the second half.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless we get Lamar receiving help, there is only so much he can do. Even Jordan needed Pippen and Rodman. Come the fuck on! Look at the Bills getting Diggs! Shame on us!

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I can’t believe it’s going to take the franchise QB getting hurt for the Ravens to figure out something else at C.

Status
Not open for further replies.