• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I dnt ever observe rookie pass rushers cause its too hard to tell if their ability will translate for me but ill watch some highlights to see if something stands out...other than size and trash production with sacks, how are hunter and oweh comparable? cause imo i feel thats only reason why theyre even compared. I watched hunter in nfl and some highlights of oweh and them two do not at all look comparable.. not sure if oweh tackling is great or if he is as physical but i can see him being more similar to clowney than hunter.....
I think I'd agree with this, but I also don't like making comparisons. Clowney based on his combine stats is a good comparison though. Does that translate, we won't know for a while.

There was a quote in a recent Eisenberg article about Ravens practice that will put a smile on @rossihunter2 's face:

"I don't know how long Calais Campbell with play for the Ravens, but his impact will continue past his final snap. He is all but attached at the hip with Justin Madubuike during individual drills in practice and never stops showing the second-year D-lineman the finer points of their position."

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There was a quote in a recent Eisenberg article about Ravens practice that will put a smile on @rossihunter2 's face:

"I don't know how long Calais Campbell with play for the Ravens, but his impact will continue past his final snap. He is all but attached at the hip with Justin Madubuike during individual drills in practice and never stops showing the second-year D-lineman the finer points of their position."
I saw that article and yes, his impact will be here for a very long time through Mad...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I dnt ever observe rookie pass rushers cause its too hard to tell if their ability will translate for me but ill watch some highlights to see if something stands out...other than size and trash production with sacks, how are hunter and oweh comparable? cause imo i feel thats only reason why theyre even compared. I watched hunter in nfl and some highlights of oweh and them two do not at all look comparable.. not sure if oweh tackling is great or if he is as physical but i can see him being more similar to clowney than hunter.....

which is why i say his comp to hunter (which i dont love) is mostly about the physical profile - size, length, athletic testing - and then people love to compare them because they have those traits but also the lack of production to finish college...

but i agree with you, oweh's play-style is not similar to hunter at all

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it was the same last year too - Madubuike's a sponge it seems and the defensive vets seem to love him - i remember a report out of last offseason where he made a great play to blow up a run in training camp and the whole defensive sideline went crazy

it's interesting also that he's so attached to campbell given their completely different builds - but if Madubuike can bring some of campbell's handwork and footwork symbiosis to his NFL game (saw flashes in college) then watch out... he's just going to be too athletic and powerful for most interior OL to deal with

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk if anyone's seen/cares but we're doing some joint practices with the panthers before the preseason game this year

who can we get from their team for a 5th rounder? That’s all I’m thinking

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Some interesting opt out rules for the 2021 season...

This’ll be interesting. Did the Ravens even have any opt outs for ‘20?