• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Damnnn…. I still see that extra step in the release, but who cares when he can break ankles at the release point like that?

i dont mind it coming off the line like that - because it helps him come to balance and it's actively freezing the DB - almost like a purpose-built hesi-step

where i dont want to see it is when he's got a free-release or vs off-coverage - in those scenarios it's just a wasted motion - but vs press it can serve a function (and it's possible it was a coached step)

but yeah i noticed it too in this clip

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That release is standard for Bateman, that exceptionally skilled and explosive release is some regular run of the mill shit for Bateman. That’s how good of a route runner he is. And we got him at 27.

bruh I still can’t understand how we managed to land such a receiver.

especially after he clocked a 4.39 in the 40 lol
he really feels like he could/should be the justin jefferson of this class - too many teams just over-thought it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have no idea why we don’t give Binjamin Victor more of a chance to replace Boykin. Victor has tons of potential and has the same athleticism as Boykin, but a much more competitive attitude

i dont like boykin right now but i will not pretend that victor's even remotely in the same league as him athletically

but victor has done something that boykin's not done in his time in the league so far... he's practiced in the offseason with lamar in florida

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
that's not a bold prediction. A bold prediction would be me saying @JoeyFlex5 will score the first offensive TD :lol: or Miles Boykin. Each has a similar chance of happening.

i mean tbh i'd put higher odds on Gus or JK

but if we're saying first receiving TD then sure he's in there - i think it'll probably be hollywood though

I'll sweeten the deal: Bateman will score the 1st offensive TD of the season... It will occur on the 2nd offensive play of the season and it will be for greater than 60 yards. Some fantasy football coaches are gonna be real happy they drafted him. ^_^

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll sweeten the deal: Bateman will score the 1st offensive TD of the season... It will occur on the 2nd offensive play of the season and it will be for greater than 60 yards. Some fantasy football coaches are gonna be real happy they drafted him. ^_^
and it will be 2nd and 5

rossihunter2

Staff Member

more likely those that drafted him will be mad because they'll have him on the bench lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
105.7 guys that have been to OTAs and minicamp are raving about the wr coaches

seems everyone has - including marlon

but tbf ive been raving about them before they even stepped on the field lol - it's pretty amazing that we snapped up 1 of the most highly-regarded college WR coaches and also probably the pre-eminent non-affiliated WR coach and route guru in the industry despite getting the least use out of our WRs of any NFL team

Harbs must have really sold both of them the vision

and im really happy he looked outside of the NFL circle to bring them on board

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
seems everyone has - including marlon

but tbf ive been raving about them before they even stepped on the field lol - it's pretty amazing that we snapped up 1 of the most highly-regarded college WR coaches and also probably the pre-eminent non-affiliated WR coach and route guru in the industry despite getting the least use out of our WRs of any NFL team

Harbs must have really sold both of them the vision

and im really happy he looked outside of the NFL circle to bring them on board
Just more confirmation really, a lot of folks have really hyped these guys up, and for people who have seen the old coaches and compare them to these guys, and really be raving about the difference they see, is pretty cool.

I imagine Lamar had a lot to do with these guys coming on board, the man has a gravitational pull for sure.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just more confirmation really, a lot of folks have really hyped these guys up, and for people who have seen the old coaches and compare them to these guys, and really be raving about the difference they see, is pretty cool.

I imagine Lamar had a lot to do with these guys coming on board, the man has a gravitational pull for sure.

you're right about that confirmation - it's nice to know we're not crazy and deluded and are actually seeing some of the same things that coaches/scouts are

in the same way that it's validating when the ravens pick a guy/guys in the draft who you've earmarked as guys who make sense talent/skillset/fit-wise

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
you're right about that confirmation - it's nice to know we're not crazy and deluded and are actually seeing some of the same things that coaches/scouts are

in the same way that it's validating when the ravens pick a guy/guys in the draft who you've earmarked as guys who make sense talent/skillset/fit-wise
Yup, like when we took daelin hayes and pushed extra hard to sign ardarius Washington and I was just like fuck yea man I know a ravens defender when I see one lol