• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Reminds me of what could have happened if he hit that deep pass wide open toward the end of the playoff game. May have been enough to shift momentum for a comeback.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Reminds me of what could have happened if he hit that deep pass wide open toward the end of the playoff game. May have been enough to shift momentum for a comeback.

Huntley is gonna be a damn fine Qb one day. Lamar goes down for a few games and Huntley is gonna ball

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Huntley is gonna be a damn fine Qb one day. Lamar goes down for a few games and Huntley is gonna ball

At this current rate things are going we maybe seeing more of Huntley/McSorely.

Wouldn’t it be a strange turn of events if Lamar couldn’t start and Huntley balled out enough to the point we were comfortable trading Lamar and keeping Huntley on a rookie contract…..dont @ me guys I’m just messing around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im gonna not overreact to the highlights and camp reports, but i already thought very highly of huntley, i saw just highlights of his and really liked him and was hype when we drafted him, and his film only reinforced my excitement. hes likely gonna be limited and could look a little something like a jalen hurts, but he might actually find himself getting a hard look as a starter from some coaching staff at some point. i like huntley a lot and im gonna expect him to carve a little niche for himself in this league regardless of what ive heard from camp

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
im gonna not overreact to the highlights and camp reports, but i already thought very highly of huntley, i saw just highlights of his and really liked him and was hype when we drafted him, and his film only reinforced my excitement. hes likely gonna be limited and could look a little something like a jalen hurts, but he might actually find himself getting a hard look as a starter from some coaching staff at some point. i like huntley a lot and im gonna expect him to carve a little niche for himself in this league regardless of what ive heard from camp

Eh, Huntley has more of a cannon than Hurts from what I’ve seen

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
hurts has a legit cannon, theyre both inaccurate with a windup though, theyre pretty similar players all around i think

Idk but I’ll give a tidbit of fantasy advice to anyone out there… I think Hurts is a definite top 5 fantasy QB option this year. Wouldn’t mind taking him in the 5th/6th rounds this year

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk but I’ll give a tidbit of fantasy advice to anyone out there… I think Hurts is a definite top 5 fantasy QB option this year. Wouldn’t mind taking him in the 5th/6th rounds this year

What! That’s a bold statement. Top 5 QB? That’s the kind of decision that gets a fantasy GM fired lol

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
What! That’s a bold statement. Top 5 QB? That’s the kind of decision that gets a fantasy GM fired lol

Oh yeah, trust that bit of advice. Oh and it's always a great idea to pick your starting kicker in the middle rounds too.

Simba

Staff Member
Huntley is an interesting case and the battle vs. McSorley should be fun. I think McSorley is going to give you more steady play. He's more mechanically sound and more accurate, but doesn't have the same arm strength or athletic ability. Huntley has the potential to wow you at times but doesn't have consistency and is still a bit of a mess mechanically. McSorley would be my backup as of now but I'd be surprised if we don't just keep all 3. Huntley is a fun project.

However, if we lose either of those guys, I don't think we're missing out on anything. Will probably forget they were Ravens players in 5 years as they cycle around the league.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Huntley is an interesting case and the battle vs. McSorley should be fun. I think McSorley is going to give you more steady play. He's more mechanically sound and more accurate, but doesn't have the same arm strength or athletic ability. Huntley has the potential to wow you at times but doesn't have consistency and is still a bit of a mess mechanically. McSorley would be my backup as of now but I'd be surprised if we don't just keep all 3. Huntley is a fun project.

However, if we lose either of those guys, I don't think we're missing out on anything. Will probably forget they were Ravens players in 5 years as they cycle around the league.

Yea I think McSorely is the guy if Lamar can’t go. Huntley definitely has a strong arm but his mechanics need a lot of work. Still his upside is greater than Trace. I think we know exactly what we’re getting in McSorely and his ceiling is much lower that Huntley.

Simba

Staff Member
Yea I think McSorely is the guy if Lamar can’t go. Huntley definitely has a strong arm but his mechanics need a lot of work. Still his upside is greater than Trace. I think we know exactly what we’re getting in McSorely and his ceiling is much lower that Huntley.

Which is why you probably keep both. If Lamar misses a game or two, McSorley probably has the better shot this year to keep you competitive. Huntley might be the better long term play. Easy to say you don't have room on the 53 to keep both but I'd rather have a solid QB room considering we used 4 different guys last year. Keep the 3 and use the PS rules to your advantage and go light elsewhere. Injuries will open up spots eventually. It's not hard to keep 3 QBs.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently Proche has been ballin so far in camp. I keep seeing his name come up with positive reviews. That would be awesome if he took the “ next step” and became quality slot player.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
At this current rate things are going we maybe seeing more of Huntley/McSorely.

Wouldn’t it be a strange turn of events if Lamar couldn’t start and Huntley balled out enough to the point we were comfortable trading Lamar and keeping Huntley on a rookie contract…..dont @ me guys I’m just messing around

Bucky Brooks, that you???

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He going before that lol.. i took murry in 2nd last year lol.. murry, waller and henry single handily won me my fantasy.. oh and i had diggs

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
have we ever had a 5th rnder not make the team? Was just watching more of
Wade and idk what the hell we saw in this guy..

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Wade or are you talking about Mason? I like Wade’s potential to be a slot guy allowing Humphrey to finally get back to being an outside guy again. For Mason… well, let’s just say I’m pretty damn well done bringing guys in from Michigan just because they’re a “momma/pappa/whoever-the-hell Harbaugh favorite player” special

To answer your question though. yes, at least one. Robert Myers OL got cut before the season

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member

Not sure I see Wade getting cut, but if there is a year we’d cut a 5th rounder, this would be it. People can say what they want about the Ravens not cutting draft picks but the Mason selection was a clear indication that they did not see much they liked in this draft class. And then they followed it up with the smallest UDFA class I can remember. They can say publicly that they liked the players but their actions suggest otherwise and those last picks in this draft shouldn’t feel safe.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure I see Wade getting cut, but if there is a year we’d cut a 5th rounder, this would be it. People can say what they want about the Ravens not cutting draft picks but the Mason selection was a clear indication that they did not see much they liked in this draft class. And then they followed it up with the smallest UDFA class I can remember. They can say publicly that they liked the players but their actions suggest otherwise and those last picks in this draft shouldn’t feel safe.

It was a god awful draft class year for the late rounds, that's for sure. I think it might have been Covid, but for whatever reason there weren't that many draftable players compared to previous years