• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think the official CDC "guidance" is you can get vaccinated as soon as you're out of quarantine.
However, if he got certain anti-body treatments as part of his symptom remediation, then they recommend waiting 90 days.

If the latter is the case, he basically won't be considered "vaccinated" for the 2021 season. He'd be looking at mid-November to get the first shot (assuming he hasn't gotten one), which means it would be like January before he would be considered fully vaccinated under CDC guidelines.

I don't know what the NFL policy is for "partially vaccinated" players.
Thanks for posting and clarifying.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ravens have cut TE's Tomlinson and Poljan. Leaves them with just three on the active roster (Andrews, Boyle, Oliver).

Will see what happens with Tomlinson. May be brought back tomorrow if they move Boyle to IR. Would think Poljan would be a PS candidate also.
I do think they plan on bringing him back, but that is just my opinion, due Boyle not being ready yet.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do think they plan on bringing him back, but that is just my opinion, due Boyle not being ready yet.
I'm intrigued with what will happen with Boyle and Jimmy. Ultimately, seems very unlikely they play week 1. But I'm not yet convinced they're going on short term IR either.
John said Boyle was close to practicing. If so, I doubt he'll need 5 weeks of practice to get ready, which is what short term IR essentially does. I actually think Jimmy may be more likely to go to IR than Boyle.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think you'll have a "fiasco", i.e. a whole bunch of players missing a game. What you could have is select players, like Lamar, missing a game or two if they test positive again.
Also, as a non-vaccinated player, he would go on the close contact COVID list if he's deemed around somebody else who tested positive.
So if Justice Hill tests positive on a Thursday, and Lamar was deemed around him, they'll likely both miss the game.

Honestly for me, the biggest risk of not being vaccinated isn't that they'll actually test positive. It's that they're around people who also aren't vaccinated that could test positive. Lamar could theoretically miss many games this year just being in the close contact protocol, and never test positive himself (even though he already has, twice).

This is my fear for Lamar. It’s seems like a matter of time, with daily testing for unvaccinated, that he will pop positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member
I'm intrigued with what will happen with Boyle and Jimmy. Ultimately, seems very unlikely they play week 1. But I'm not yet convinced they're going on short term IR either.
John said Boyle was close to practicing. If so, I doubt he'll need 5 weeks of practice to get ready, which is what short term IR essentially does. I actually think Jimmy may be more likely to go to IR than Boyle.

This is the big thing. A lot of the IR options aren't ready for week 1, but that also doesn't mean necessarily that they won't be ready until week 4. Boyle and Bateman seem like the obvious ones to go there, and maybe Boykin although that'd be more of a stash. Jimmy is in the most interesting spot.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar isn’t gonna get vaccinated y’all, no use speculating lol
I suspect you are correct! I've literally pleaded with the incorrigibly stubborn fool, but his mother is the naysayer! He is sadly still Momma's boy. I may have to finally cut him out of my substantial inheritance, unless of course he wins MVP and the SB! Then all bets are off, the vaccine be damned.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I suspect you are correct! I've literally pleaded with the incorrigibly stubborn fool, but his mother is the naysayer! He is sadly still Momma's boy. I may have to finally cut him out of my substantial inheritance, unless of course he wins MVP and the SB! Then all bets are off, the vaccine be damned.
Lamars refusal almost certainly comes from a deeply rooted distrust of every word that comes out of our governments proverbial mouth, a distrust which has been earned a million times over. I have absolutely no issues with his decision.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens have cut TE's Tomlinson and Poljan. Leaves them with just three on the active roster (Andrews, Boyle, Oliver).

Will see what happens with Tomlinson. May be brought back tomorrow if they move Boyle to IR. Would think Poljan would be a PS candidate also.

dont even need Tomlinson to be brought back to the roster - can be activated from the PS with those rules from last year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lamars refusal almost certainly comes from a deeply rooted distrust of every word that comes out of our governments proverbial mouth, a distrust which has been earned a million times over. I have absolutely no issues with his decision.
I get that completely but I don't want to lose games because of that decision either and that's far from the worst part of it......obviously

Governments are far too incompetent to create a global conspiracy. Anyway, if we lose a Superbowl because of some conspiracy theory I don't think I'll ever get over it. If it's legitimate health concerns its a different matter, but I don't think it's that.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So then maybe he should just take advice from non-government, like actual doctors. They'll tell him the same thing.

It would certainly be "interesting", for me at least, to know who is advising him on this.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Separate from of anyone’s stance on COVID Vaccines and strictly from a football perspective , I have a huge problem with it because it could certainly torpedo our season. Agree or disagree, the NFL has established strict rules and clearly made it a disadvantage to continue unvaccinated

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Separate from of anyone’s stance on COVID Vaccines and strictly from a football perspective , I have a huge problem with it because it could certainly torpedo our season. Agree or disagree, the NFL has established strict rules and clearly made it a disadvantage to continue unvaccinated

Agree here. The player argument, though, is...
1. I, the player, don't really care what you have a problem with and what you don't.
2. If I, the player, am willing to take responsibility and accountability for not getting vaccinated and adhere to the protocols and policies in place, then that's kind of the end of the discussion.

What I think everybody should be pissed at is the hilariously ignorant and hypocritical stance of the NFLPA. Like they come out yesterday and announce they're doing an "investigation" (which won't amount and to anything and won't involve any actual investigating at all) into Urban Meyer saying vaccination status played a role in roster decisions.

For starters, no shit Sherlock, of course it plays a role in roster decisions. Thinking that it doesn't is like thinking that NFL teams don't take past or current injury statuses into account when assembling a roster. It's about availability. It's like the #1 prerequisite for almost any job.

Most importantly, the NFLPA initiated and/or agreed to a lot of the policies in place that effectively "discriminate" against non-vaccinated players, but now all of the sudden, they're fake pissed off because a Coach told the truth and said "yes, vaccination status matters". Like who didn't think it fucking mattered? If Lamar Jackson had Joe Flacco's skills, he'd be unemployed right now, because nobody wants an unvaccinated backup.