• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Mock Central

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn't sleep on his coverage ability. Probably what he does best at this point. If he can get some instincts, he is going to be an all-pro LB.

oh im not sleeping on it - was just using his blitzing etc. in reference to him being described as a replacement for suggs - 100% he'd be next to CJ for us - probably would end the dime package though

but its not really a thing we need to worry about - i dont see how edmunds makes it out of the top 12 - and tbh i expect him to go to one of the bay area teams if not even earlier

jboy19

Pro Bowler
oh im not sleeping on it - was just using his blitzing etc. in reference to him being described as a replacement for suggs - 100% he'd be next to CJ for us - probably would end the dime package though

but its not really a thing we need to worry about - i dont see how edmunds makes it out of the top 12 - and tbh i expect him to go to one of the bay area teams if not even earlier

Ahh gotcha. I hope he has a long happy career in the NFC.

Simba

Staff Member
My favorite part of Mayock's draft is that when I read through it, I hear his voice saying all of these things on air lol.

With that being said, Mayock is generally pretty accurate on his mocks although I don't always agree with his player evaluations. One of the few mocks that's actually worth considering as some sort of knowledge.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My favorite part of Mayock's draft is that when I read through it, I hear his voice saying all of these things on air lol.

With that being said, Mayock is generally pretty accurate on his mocks although I don't always agree with his player evaluations. One of the few mocks that's actually worth considering as some sort of knowledge.

Is he that accurate - I don’t remember him being accurate before (in mocks) - his top 100 is always fairly illuminating but I’ve never been convinced by his mock drafts...

Am I wrong?

Simba

Staff Member
Is he that accurate - I don’t remember him being accurate before (in mocks) - his top 100 is always fairly illuminating but I’ve never been convinced by his mock drafts...

Am I wrong?

Saw a tweet the other day that composite out of the top guys, he’s the most accurate over a 5 year period and a 10 year period. I thought he was always fairly accurate, but didn’t know it was tops.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Saw a tweet the other day that composite out of the top guys, he’s the most accurate over a 5 year period and a 10 year period. I thought he was always fairly accurate, but didn’t know it was tops.

Interesting - do we know specifically how he’s done with the more secretive GMs (BB, Ozzie, Dorsey, gettleman - although everyone knew Carolina’s pick last year and others)?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

I've seen him mocked to Indy and that would be an incredible fit.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Rosen is falling like in mayock’s draft, I would hope we somehow jump cardinals to take him instead of Jackson.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
If Rosen is falling like in mayock’s draft, I would hope we somehow jump cardinals to take him instead of Jackson.

Agreed, just can't see it. If he lasts to 12 and the Bills then surely he is gone? (Assuming the other 3 are taken)

And I just cant see us trading up...would be exciting but just think we stick at 16 or trade back about 10 spots for extra picks and go TE

Simba

Staff Member
Jeremiah's latest mock has 3 TE's going in the first round - Goedert to us at 16, Hurst to DAL at 19, and Gesicki to NO at 27.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Jeremiah's latest mock has 3 TE's going in the first round - Goedert to us at 16, Hurst to DAL at 19, and Gesicki to NO at 27.

I like Goedert, and am fine using a 1st on him...but hope its in the mid 20s after a trade back picking up a 3rd or something as at 16 there will be better value

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

3 TEs and only 1 WR selected in the first round (Sutton at pick 32)

Simba

Staff Member
3 TEs and only 1 WR selected in the first round (Sutton at pick 32)

Saw a tweet the other day where an executive was asked about the WR class and his response was something along the lines of "look at Sammy Watkins getting $16M and that should tell you what the league thinks of this group."

Mayock very excitedly mocked Lamar Jackson to us
This would be such a bold move ... I just have a very hard time envisioning that happening. I'd love for him to be available, just to see whether we are really willing to take that kind of leap.

Part of the reason I have a hard time seeing it is we just draft somewhat conservatively. The FO has stated we're going to need to take a little bigger swings in the draft, but boy, that's a big swing.