• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Mock Central

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bro....this guy litterally made me depressed af...not by who he picked but what he said

Ravens at 29:30

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bro....this guy litterally made me depressed af...not by who he picked but what he said

Ravens at 29:30

so i dont find it that depressing - he's only looked at this ravens roster superficially and also is assuming that our injuries continue until the end of time (maybe they will be that would be unlucky as anything)

the pick is a good one - the rationale behind it is bad

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
so i dont find it that depressing - he's only looked at this ravens roster superficially and also is assuming that our injuries continue until the end of time (maybe they will be that would be unlucky as anything)

the pick is a good one - the rationale behind it is bad
Its just the perspective in which other football fans view us. Its very depressing lol

I had a dream we drafted vita vea after Stevie B called me and ask if it was okay to draft a DT. Weird dreams leading up to the draft indeed haha
Being called by Ozzie to ask 'if it's ok' is quite a boost in self-esteem, if someone needs some :D
They should open a special place (Shutter Island-type) for very particular psychopaths with Draft problems like us.
I can leave my gf here..it doesn't matter.. It's been 4 years we've been together now. I just won't excercise the 5th yr option on her. Not a big deal

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Chad Reuter's 7 round mock for Ravens...

Round 1 (16) Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
Round 2 (52) Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
Round 3 (83) Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana
Round 4 (118) Justin Watson, WR, Pennsylvania
Round 5 (154) Scott Quessenberry, C, UCLA
Round 6 (190) Mike Love, DE, South Florida
Round 6 (215) Amari Coleman, CB, Central Michigan
Round 7 (238) Deontay Burnett, WR, USC

My knowledge of this year's draft is very limited compared to recent years so I'm not sure on the value of some of these picks. I though I'd list a few players that are still on the board when we pick in 3 of the first 4 rounds. Quite a few of them I know but a few of the others I've only heard small things about.

1. DJ Moore - Calvin Ridley - Mike McGlinchey - Marcus Davenport - Harold Landry
2. Anthony Miller - Billy Price - Sam Hubbard
3. This is the one pick I know, understand and like
4. Orlando Brown - Michael Gallup - Alex Cappa - Chuks Okorafor

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Keep an eye on Jessie Bates in the second round. I think he is both a need and a fit for Wink's scheme. The type of guys they could be high onok.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

My knowledge of this year's draft is very limited compared to recent years so I'm not sure on the value of some of these picks. I though I'd list a few players that are still on the board when we pick in 3 of the first 4 rounds. Quite a few of them I know but a few of the others I've only heard small things about.

1. DJ Moore - Calvin Ridley - Mike McGlinchey - Marcus Davenport - Harold Landry

yeah i think i read this mock the other day when it was released and just laughed because the first pick makes it stupid instantly and the second pick doesnt make a huge amount of sense and while the third pick is good, the fourth pick has completely misvalued receivers too

UKRaven

Practice Squad

I like Vander Esch but with McGlinchey and Davenport on the board I would want them over him (can live with passing WR as can address in deep 2-4 rounds)

Chubb over Miller and Price I would be fuming. Price is great value there, and Miller...well I just frickin love Antony Miller and want him a Raven

3. Agreed, good value

Gallup I can see going round 2...maybe before we even pick in that round, so to not take him in the 4th...and take Watson instead...that would be the worst pick

Love the Coleman pick in the 6th

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
It says Edmunds would be a replacement for Suggs...thats an interesting thought...
Yes. he's a rare dude in that he could be a dominant pass rushing OLB as well as an interesting and unusual ILB.

I'd love to double up inside in this draft with Kenny Young if the draft fell this way. I'd love Kenny Young any old way but....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It says Edmunds would be a replacement for Suggs...thats an interesting thought...

i would foresee edmunds playing the WLB spot but we'd have a great pass rushing inside pair with CJ and tremaine there... i dont see him as a direct replacement for sizzle because their uses are going to be very different - pass rushing (especially off the edge) is very much secondary to Edmunds game - he'd play all his snaps inside for us but would add great skills to late blitzes or overloads around the edge

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
i would foresee edmunds playing the WLB spot but we'd have a great pass rushing inside pair with CJ and tremaine there... i dont see him as a direct replacement for sizzle because their uses are going to be very different - pass rushing (especially off the edge) is very much secondary to Edmunds game - he'd play all his snaps inside for us but would add great skills to late blitzes or overloads around the edge
This is what I was thinking. You don't usually see people list Edmunds as an edge guy like this guy did.

jboy19

Pro Bowler

I wouldn't sleep on his coverage ability. Probably what he does best at this point. If he can get some instincts, he is going to be an all-pro LB.