• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Mock Central

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
comparatively this year is way less stacked than last year down the stretch

i think i had over 100 grades worthy of round 3 selection or higher but this year ive only got around 90
i had around 30 first round grades last year, i've only got 21 this year
i had about 30 extra ravens draftable players last year and that's even though the ravens stopped picking in the 6th round rather than the 7th

at every grade there were more draftable players last year than this year

you could argue that the top end talents are better this year and that the top 20 or so players overall might be better this year but the depth was much better throughout last year's class

and in terms of depth in round 3 last year here's some examples of good players beyond just lawson:

dede westbrook (undraftable for the ravens but a good player)
tedric thompson
eddie jackson
carl lawson
tarik cohen
howard wilson
ryan switzer
deatrich wise jr
matt milano
carlos watkins
marlon mack
george kittle
desmond king
jordan leggett
jake elliot
jayon brown
trent taylor
davon godchaux
chuck clark

and these are just guys who've made fairly significant contributions already - there are other developmental guys who've looked good but havent played much yet as well as other highly touted players who are stuck in deep position groups but that list is pretty good for a rookie day 3 class already
Sufficed to say we disagree. This year's list of contributors post day two will be just as lengthy Some of the players you've listed rather make my side for me but I'll leave that where it lay.

I think I was one of the few that actually liked Humphrey. I thought if we went Bama though it would've been Foster. (I am happy we didn't as he still has several issues to sort out) but I always have liked Humphrey's burst as a corner. He has such fast closing speed and hits way harder than his size should be able to.
The thing about Humphrey was he just about always stuck like glue on his receivers, but if a QB threw a jump ball up to a receiver he couldn’t find the ball.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
tbf i dont know any nice people who hit their partners...
as much as it hurts to say it given how great ray was in the community etc. but he did a terrible thing and its hard not to let that taint the way i think about his character
If his fiance could forgive his short fit of drunken rage so can you.

Of course hitting a partner is unacceptable but one drunken mistake does not cancel out a lifetime of good that Rice did.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The thing about Humphrey was he just about always stuck like glue on his receivers, but if a QB threw a jump ball up to a receiver he couldn’t find the ball.
I was a big fan of Humphreys as well and this issue was a fixable issue and he did a good job with that this yr. only bad game was the Lions game, where he came in for Jimmy.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was a big fan of Humphreys as well and this issue was a fixable issue and he did a good job with that this yr. only bad game was the Lions game, where he came in for Jimmy.
And he improved through that game too - was victimised early but came back from it incredibly quickly and sealed the game with an int
This is what I like most about Humphrey. He always seems to be improving. Now that he has NFL coaches and players to learn from, we're seeing a big jump in what he can do.

Lol I'm in shook.. Dreamt tonight we traded up from 16 to 9 and from 9 to 5 to grab a defensive coordinator. I was fucking desperate.. I realized we had to give up this year second (and more) to make the first move and then an additional 2019 1st RD for the last.. I was like "who the fuck is this even" and started to cry.. My gf started to complain about how serious I took it and that it was totally unnecessary.
My answer: "all of my effort, all of my hours and hours of tapes for a defensive coordinator.. You don't even draft those..let alone in the 1st..and let alone trading up for it".. Yeah..at least I'm prepared for the worst, now :D it can literally only get better than that

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lol I'm in shook.. Dreamt tonight we traded up from 16 to 9 and from 9 to 5 to grab a defensive coordinator. I was fucking desperate.. I realized we had to give up this year second (and more) to make the first move and then an additional 2019 1st RD for the last.. I was like "who the fuck is this even" and started to cry.. My gf started to complain about how serious I took it and that it was totally unnecessary.
My answer: "all of my effort, all of my hours and hours of tapes for a defensive coordinator.. You don't even draft those..let alone in the 1st..and let alone trading up for it".. Yeah..at least I'm prepared for the worst, now :D it can literally only get better than that
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.............a defensive COORDINATOR???????

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yes I wrote it correct
And they were even running tapes of him, like they do with every pick.. If this ain't a joke of a dream i don't know what a joke is
stephen-a-smith-640x480.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member

You know what - if this were to happen I’d not really be mad - just impressed at how much Ozzie was committing to the surprising of people

Ozzie would go out as Lord of all trolls

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had a dream we drafted vita vea after Stevie B called me and ask if it was okay to draft a DT. Weird dreams leading up to the draft indeed haha