• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Special Teams, and the Ugly: Week 9 Edition

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly I think it's entirely possible that the Ravens gave increase targets to Perriman simply for the purpose of getting him going. This passing game is awful right now and I think they would like to get their first round pick(who they had very high hopes) for involved. I think the Ravens wanted to get Perriman's confidence and rhythm on track and it just didn't happen. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets phased out of the offense within the next few weeks.
Why didn't it happen? Besides one dropped pass how much better could he have done with what he was given? He basically caught 3 of 4 catchable balls not including the one that was knocked out when it immediately hit his hands. He's gonna be phased out because of that? Okay lol

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Now I'm not sure whether you're messing with me.
All 22.
I knew what you meant, but this is how I imagine it'd go if Joe and Marty watched Jimmy's film.
Marty: This 22.... he looks overrated. Wanna go after him?
Joe: I wanna throw at him at least 22 times. That's a good game plan.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I knew what you meant, but this is how I imagine it'd go if Joe and Marty watched Jimmy's film.
Marty: This 22.... he looks overrated. Wanna go after him?
Joe: I wanna throw at him at least 22 times. That's a good game plan.

they'd probably justify it this way:

Joe: no one's been throwing in 22's direction all year
Marty: I've got an idea
Joe: They won't be expecting that...
Marty: It's so stupid it might just work!

Why didn't it happen? Besides one dropped pass how much better could he have done with what he was given? He basically caught 3 of 4 catchable balls not including the one that was knocked out when it immediately hit his hands. He's gonna be phased out because of that? Okay lol
Well, with the way this offense has been preforming it looks to me that they are desperate for more playmakers and so the Ravens will obviously turn to their 1st round Pick who they thought would step up as the teams #1 receivers.

As far as his catches go, it would be nice if he could go open more often on his routes. I think his best opportunity to produce is to get open more often because he has issues with separation whether it’s at the top of his routes or off the LOS.