• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Special Teams, and the Ugly: Week 9 Edition

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
caught 3 balls this week... and nearly got a couple of deep balls too - not saying he's playing well but he was definitely being used more than wallace vs the titans

I cant even fault him (or Flacco) on that INT. It was a well thrown ball that hit him in stride but he was just hit so instantly that there was nothing he could do. I actually wish I had the time to time the exact length of time between when that ball touched him and when he got blown up because I have never seen a margin that close before in my years of watching football.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
caught 3 balls this week... and nearly got a couple of deep balls too - not saying he's playing well but he was definitely being used more than wallace vs the titans
Only because he was targeted a lot possibly due to negative press from the Baltimore Sunthe week before the game.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I cant even fault him (or Flacco) on that INT. It was a well thrown ball that hit him in stride but he was just hit so instantly that there was nothing he could do. I actually wish I had the time to time the exact length of time between when that ball touched him and when he got blown up because I have never seen a margin that close before in my years of watching football.
Either Joe was late throwing the ball or Perriman always seems to have a defender all over him .

Zero seperation. Ever. Even on short passes. Not good.

Either Joe was late throwing the ball or Perriman always seems to have a defender all over him .

Zero seperation. Ever. Even on short passes. Not good.
I haven't seen him plenty a lot of press this season, I think teams respect his size/speed but he has issues separating at the top of his routes, and he does not sell his routes. Honestly he is not polished receiver at all and I think his technique is very flawed.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
he only had 7 targets - its not that different to the rest of the season - he just happened to have 3 catches (including a couple of first downs) and 2 missed deep balls that could have been big plays

i mean maclin had more targets...
He was targeted because he was open, that's it. @ravenslord the team absolutely doesn't give af about that article. Harbaugh said himself it wasn't their plan to target Perriman more last game, it just happened. Probably because Joe realized Perriman has been consistently getting open and decided to actually target him. I don't see how you wouldn't take Perriman over no show Wallace at this point. Of Perrimans 7 targets 2 were uncatchable, one was a perfect defensive play, one drop and 3 catches. It was an improvement from him and I hope he continues to see targets.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don't see how after last game and seeing Perriman have an impact (albeit a small one) and not playing bad, that you can still say you don't want him on the team at this point. You guys give up on players way too quickly. I mean so many people immediately after the Titans game were like "I'm done with Perriman get him tf off our team already" I mean some other games sure, but he didn't even play bad against the Titans.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
are you implying Perriman was targeted more exclusively because the media suggested it ?
Well I’m wondering if the article was posted in the Ravens locker room . It seems to me they made a very concerted effort to get Perriman more involved .
You know how bulletin boards work . I played a lot of sports and negative articles were posted all the time for motivational purposes .

So yes I think it’s entirely possible .

Oh and who said Perriman was consistently getting open ? Really ? He was always getting the ball smacked out
of his hands . Thats getting open ?

Honestly I think it's entirely possible that the Ravens gave increase targets to Perriman simply for the purpose of getting him going. This passing game is awful right now and I think they would like to get their first round pick(who they had very high hopes) for involved. I think the Ravens wanted to get Perriman's confidence and rhythm on track and it just didn't happen. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets phased out of the offense within the next few weeks.