• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Week

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If we don't roll with Collins as the starter for the rest of the season then it's a huge mistake. Let him grow and continue to iron out his fumbling problem (he's taken much better care of the ball recently) so that he's even more prepared for next season when we should hopefully have a healthy O-line (and hopefully some promising rookies as well).

My RB rotation for the rest of the season would go like this:

Starter - Collins
Backup - Buck
3rd down - Woodhead or Buck

Unless there's any injuries (Woodhead probably) then I would keep West inactive.
Honest question: when was the last time Collins fumbled? He's been doing a great job not coughing it up. As for the 3rd down back, by far, I'm taking Woodhead. Especially if it's 3rd and 2 or 3? His shiftiness makes him money on these kind of downs.

Flacco says we need to come out in attack mode. Means they will let him do it for 1 series, see it's successful and can it the rest of the game. He shares my same sentiment that there's nothing to lose. LET HIM RUN THE FUCKING SHOW!

It feels like he’s been saying this for the past two years. Lack of big plays have been an issue for a while.
So because of this, I expect them to air it out just like the OAK game. The following game however, will see the offense revert back to its ugly form. Book it.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Honest question: when was the last time Collins fumbled? He's been doing a great job not coughing it up. As for the 3rd down back, by far, I'm taking Woodhead. Especially if it's 3rd and 2 or 3? His shiftiness makes him money on these kind of downs.

If you look at Collins getting up after being tackled he continues to hold the ball high and tight. He reallly has made a concerted effort to fix the fumbleitis.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

So because of this, I expect them to air it out just like the OAK game. The following game however, will see the offense revert back to its ugly form. Book it.

makes sense given the lack of pass rush from the packers outside of mike daniels

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If you look at Collins getting up after being tackled he continues to hold the ball high and tight. He reallly has made a concerted effort to fix the fumbleitis.
Oh it's showing. Even the commentators were noticing it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
yeah the one game after he came back out of the doghouse the announcers were all over the technique change

i think its more telling that vs the titans the announcers were more concerned about terrance west's fumbling issues than alex collins fumbling
Yep. West's days as a Raven are numbered IMO. He really doesn't provide anything unique compared to his fellow RBs.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
yah ill take the L on this one - i really loved west in the draft coming out - was pissed when he got taken a few picks ahead of our 3rd round comp in 2014
I don't think you deserve an L for this. Think about it..did any Ravens fan say we should get Alex Collins after week 1? I surely didn't. As much as I hate the Woodhead signing, I thought he was a great compliment to West. Then, he gets hurt. Here comes Rainey who takes over as return man. Also coming is the emergence of Buck as a change-of-pace back. All of this occurs when West goes down. So now West goes from being the man to being the ODD man out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think you deserve an L for this. Think about it..did any Ravens fan say we should get Alex Collins after week 1? I surely didn't. As much as I hate the Woodhead signing, I thought he was a great compliment to West. Then, he gets hurt. Here comes Rainey who takes over as return man. Also coming is the emergence of Buck as a change-of-pace back. All of this occurs when West goes down. So now West goes from being the man to being the ODD man out.

i will say this - as soon as i heard about alex collins and jeremy langford on the practice squad i was instantly excited about alex collins above all other prospects for our running game - he's someone who i always liked and was surprised both that the seahawks would let him go and that we would be the team to pickup a guy on waivers i was moderately excited about

it's ironic that woodhead's injury has turned into both a blessing and a curse - our passing game is a crock of shit without him but we've maybe found our most explosive offensive weapon because of his absence

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don't believe he's fumbled since Harbaugh commented on it during one of his pressers. He's done a really great job at improving his ball security; I just want to see him keep it up for the rest of the season.

Also, I agree on Woodhead being the 3rd down back as he's definitely the best receiving back out of the three. Only reason I put Buck in there too is that I could see us using Woodhead on early downs as well throughout the game. If that happens then Buck is probably gonna get some 3rd down opportunities to spell Woodhead.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Allen has cashed in on Woodhead absence honestly. He’s easily the better runner and while he’s not on Woodheads level as a receiving back, he’s certainly excelled in that aspect compared to West and Collins. I think Woodheads spot is unique, I don’t think he’s viewed as a RB but rather as an offensive weapon.
Agree, Woodhead will spell buck on most 3rd downs, but Allen has done well in his own right.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Telling you fellas its gonna be a tough row to hoe this weekend.