• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Offensive Coordinator Thread

My first option is an OC who's strength is the deep passing game. I really think we need that here badly, we have receivers who can stretch the field yet our deep passing game is nonexistent.

I would very much welcome Kubiak return now. I was a little against it at first but now I wouldn't mind. I think Stanley and Howard are fits for the ZBS, If I can recall the Oakland Raiders run a ZBS when Howard was there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kubiak abandoned us and retired due to health probĺems
Yet he’s willing to return to the nfl and be an OC again. I’d like Kubiak again, but feel we would need to scrap our current power scheme and go back to a stench zone scheme. I’m not sure I want to do this. Is there anyway he could work with Greg Romans scheme?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yet he’s willing to return to the nfl and be an OC again. I’d like Kubiak again, but feel we would need to scrap our current power scheme and go back to a stench zone scheme. I’m not sure I want to do this. Is there anyway he could work with Greg Romans scheme?
Why wouldn’t you want to do this? The power scheme doesn’t seem to be working all that well anyways, and Collins would have a field day running in a zone.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Kubiak does become OC you better believe he'll be all over the FO to invest in the O line and in the draft.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn't see this thread before making my own on OC candidates. Personally, I like Corey Matthaei, the QB coach and assistant o-line coach for the Chiefs. He really got the best out of Alex Smith, and is part of an aggressive offense built around its RB. That seems like a good fit for the Ravens.

Hes flaky and unreliable, he will dump us again in an instant.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hes flaky and unreliable, he will dump us again in an instant.

I'd pass on Kubiak. He can go help horseface fix their own house far as I'm concerned.
Really, let's pass on the one guy who has actually fixed our QB before and maximized his strengths because he dumped us once.

He has health issues and doesn't want the stress of being a HC(and yes. It's a stressful job. A lot of those guys are putting in 70-80 hour weeks. Not good for your health). OC is a lot less stressful. Especially when you're as good at it as Gary is..

Sorry. If we want Kubiak give him whatever he wants. Biscotti should buy the man a super mansion on the Chesapeake Bay and give him three rolls royce's, a private jet, and a nightly line of prostitutes if Kubiak wants that.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He was offered his dream job. Do you blame him for leaving? Put yourself in his shoes for a minute and don't lie to yourself. His career started in Denver. He won two SBs and was a major part of it in Denver. He was offered a pay raise. His boss owes A LOT to him. His dream job was clearly to be the HC of his old team.. He took it. He had success with it. Good for him. If he wants to come back here because it's less stressful, I can guarentee you he wouldn't leave again for a HC job. His health wouldn't let him. That reason is a HORRIBLE reason not to want him again. Tell me: If his health was really permitting him to take on the stressful job of a HC, do you really think he would have retired? Answer: no. He was getting paid a lot of money. He retired because of health and stress. NEVER had any health problems as an OC. Far less stressful and he was a lot better at it than he was as a HC.

Your dream job is offered to you and you also get offered a significant pay raise. Don't bullshit me. You're taking that job and not looking back.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Is Isaac Bruce or Torrey Holt coaching anywhere?? Master route runners that could coach our WRs. Randy Moss is very smart when it comes to scheming. He used to impress Belichick. Ed McCaffrey is a candidate to get into coaching as well. Maybe even Matt Schaub. He helped Flacco and the receivers and trestman a lot while he was here. In 2015 there was no deep receiver yet somebody seemed to be open always. And I read somewhere when we signed him he is smart and a coaching candidate after he retires. He worked with Kubiak for quite a while. Maybe even Wes Welker. It's an idea to always look for the next smart innovative coach. And begin with smart players that worked in prolific offenses under great coordinators. Michael Irvin likes to coach as well. For the right money he could be interested in coaching the receivers

If it was such a dream job he wouldnt have bailed because it was too "stressful", everyone knows a HC job in this league is stressful and he knew that going in. Maybe he should just retire to Cabo where he can change his mind anytime he wants and not have to leave entire teams in limbo.

Pitta's New Hip

Practice Squad
If it was such a dream job he wouldnt have bailed because it was too "stressful", everyone knows a HC job in this league is stressful and he knew that going in. Maybe he should just retire to Cabo where he can change his mind anytime he wants and not have to leave entire teams in limbo.

Ummm wasn't he having seizures or something? Sounds stressful to me...