• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 10 Discussion (Other Teams)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i dont think its true but its been a running joke for years on the ATN podcast
i think the dolphins stadium though might actually be built on an indian burial ground
This must be in their heads when they are playing us. My god we have their numbwr

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
which is weird because they started well and trevor siemian for the first month of the year looked like a legitimately good qb but now has been unceremoniously benched for brock osweiler of all people - a guy the texans literally gave up picks to get rid of him
I know. I knew that was a bad deal right away. I mean what were they thinking signing him to a 74m deal with 37m guaranteed after starting 5 games or something like that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know. I knew that was a bad deal right away. I mean what were they thinking signing him to a 74m deal with 37m guaranteed after starting 5 games or something like that.

what annoyed me though was that john elway is lauded for getting rid of him but he was still gonna pay him 16-17 mill per year or something but osweiler wanted more - he shouldnt be praised so heavily for accidentally dodging a bullet...

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Not sure if anyone has talked about the Mo Harris catch, but I was listening to it on the radio and the commentators are getting so hyped (I live in VA) and they're so biased toward the Redskins, so I assumed it was a massive overreaction. I get home and see the catch and my jaw just dropped.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not sure if anyone has talked about the Mo Harris catch, but I was listening to it on the radio and the commentators are getting so hyped (I live in VA) and they're so biased toward the Redskins, so I assumed it was a massive overreaction. I get home and see the catch and my jaw just dropped.

yeah it was such an unbelievable catch that the official called it incomplete and it had to be reversed

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
When I first turned my TV on Red Zone, that catch was literally the first thing I saw. Unfortunately for him, just like the Odell catch against DAL, team still lost despite that amazing catch.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
yeah it was such an unbelievable catch that the official called it incomplete and it had to be reversed
The commentators were so hyped about how it was complete and should be overturned and I'm picturing like a sliding catch out of the end zone or something. Nothing prepared me for how hype that catch was.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
what annoyed me though was that john elway is lauded for getting rid of him but he was still gonna pay him 16-17 mill per year or something but osweiler wanted more - he shouldnt be praised so heavily for accidentally dodging a bullet...
Oh yes, I do remember this. You are absolutely right. They get credit for basically dodging a bullet

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The commentators were so hyped about how it was complete and should be overturned and I'm picturing like a sliding catch out of the end zone or something. Nothing prepared me for how hype that catch was.

charles davis said in the broadcast at the time that he thought it was a catch - and i loved the fact that maurice harris was so proud of the catch that he saw the signal and instantly ran to his own sidelines and all his team mates to try and get them to challenge the ruling

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh yes, I do remember this. You are absolutely right. They get credit for basically dodging a bullet

and because theyve now brought him back to denver for very little money and are now starting him its called a shrewd move because "he knows the system" (this aint kubiak's offence anymore), because "they got him for cheap" despite the fact that he's hot garbage at the qb position

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and because theyve now brought him back to denver for very little money and are now starting him its called a shrewd move because "he knows the system" (this aint kubiak's offence anymore), because "they got him for cheap" despite the fact that he's hot garbage at the qb position
Totally. Off topic, but I’ve joked with my skin fan friends that the 49ers and skins will franchise jimmy g and cousins respectively and then trade both players. Of course contracts will have to be worked our first.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Totally. Off topic, but I’ve joked with my skin fan friends that the 49ers and skins will franchise jimmy g and cousins respectively and then trade both players. Of course contracts will have to be worked our first.

tbf it would be fine for both teams - although i think the 49ers are better off with jimmy g for now anyway but it wouldnt be the worst deal in the world tbh - as long as cousins isnt franchised during his time in san francisco and they can negotiate a long term deal because his pricetag for being on a 3rd franchise tag would be exorbitant