• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 10 Discussion (Other Teams)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
tbf it would be fine for both teams - although i think the 49ers are better off with jimmy g for now anyway but it wouldnt be the worst deal in the world tbh - as long as cousins isnt franchised during his time in san francisco and they can negotiate a long term deal because his pricetag for being on a 3rd franchise tag would be exorbitant
That’s why I said the contract would have to be worked out before the trade.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s why I said the contract would have to be worked out before the trade.

yeah even then depending on how the next few weeks of jimmy g in santa clara go id suggest this wouldnt be something the 49ers would want - apparently jimmy g could start by week 12 against the seahawks - itll be nice too that he wont have the pressure of being part of a winless squad

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agree. I’m looking forward to seeing him play and play well. Think we had this conversation

Pats

Veteran
yeah as much as i dont like other teams get better than the ravens, i also hate watching bad qb play so really am pulling for him to do well - also i want the pats to regret sending him away for only a 2nd rounder
Im a little confused as to why we traded him at this point in time. A 2nd rounder is okay I guess but I would have thought a few more teams with QB problems would queue up for him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Im a little confused as to why we traded him at this point in time. A 2nd rounder is okay I guess but I would have thought a few more teams with QB problems would queue up for him.
I believe he wanted him out of the conference, especially out of the division, and didn’t want to send him to Cleveland. He put him in a good position to succeed. Kyle knows offense.

Pats

Veteran
I believe he wanted him out of the conference, especially out of the division, and didn’t want to send him to Cleveland. He put him in a good position to succeed. Kyle knows offense.
Hmm I guess, but I would have thought a lot more teams would be aggressive to get him. The vikings would have done well to get him especially.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hmm I guess, but I would have thought a lot more teams would be aggressive to get him. The vikings would have done well to get him especially.
Yes I agree. Bridgewater may be coming back soon, but I’m not sure he’d be better than jimmy. I liked jimmy when he was c9m8mgmouf of school. Surprised the Pats were able to get him. He’s better than a lot of qbs that came out in the first ams 2nd rounds since he was drafted.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think BB was genuinely thinking they couldnt keep him on the team without causing issues even if they franchised him and he put him in a position to succeed once they realised no other avenues would work to keep him with the pats - he sent him outside the conference in a situation that likely wouldnt become a threat for a few more years but was also a good situation for jimmy himself

as cutthroat as BB has been in his career and as much cheating as he and the pats have been accused of i do think he's a good person who does want the best for his players/former players especially ones who do right by him - so i genuinely believe that BB sent jimmy g to kyle partly out of good will

however i do find it a little odd that bellichek wouldnt even call up the browns to see if theyd blow the 9ers offer out of the water... maybe he still holds a grudge from the late 90s

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the vikings may not know if they have a franchise qb yet between teddy and bradford but they dont need another question in that qb room - they've got 3 qbs in that room, only 1 of whom is 100% certain to be there for the next couple of years - and that is case keenum as the backup qb

Pats

Veteran
i think BB was genuinely thinking they couldnt keep him on the team without causing issues even if they franchised him and he put him in a position to succeed once they realised no other avenues would work to keep him with the pats - he sent him outside the conference in a situation that likely wouldnt become a threat for a few more years but was also a good situation for jimmy himself

as cutthroat as BB has been in his career and as much cheating as he and the pats have been accused of i do think he's a good person who does want the best for his players/former players especially ones who do right by him - so i genuinely believe that BB sent jimmy g to kyle partly out of good will

however i do find it a little odd that bellichek wouldnt even call up the browns to see if theyd blow the 9ers offer out of the water... maybe he still holds a grudge from the late 90s
Except jamie collins, jamie pissed off bill and now hes a brown lol. Also teddy has some bad injuries hes getting over with, and bradford is always injured and meh. Personally if you can get jimmy G for cheap with that kind of defense you would go a long way to doing some damage.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Except jamie collins, jamie pissed off bill and now hes a brown lol. Also teddy has some bad injuries hes getting over with, and bradford is always injured and meh. Personally if you can get jimmy G for cheap with that kind of defense you would go a long way to doing some damage.

it would be a lot of draft capital to give up for essentially a half year rental for the vikings... yes it might push them to a superbowl but it might also restrict their future flexibility as a franchise

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the vikings may not know if they have a franchise qb yet between teddy and bradford but they dont need another question in that qb room - they've got 3 qbs in that room, only 1 of whom is 100% certain to be there for the next couple of years - and that is case keenum as the backup qb
And he may be the best of the bunch

Pats

Veteran
it would be a lot of draft capital to give up for essentially a half year rental for the vikings... yes it might push them to a superbowl but it might also restrict their future flexibility as a franchise
eh maybe a 2nd and a third but not too bad, id rather take the chance.