• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

See You Guys Sunday - Next Up: Green Bay

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i mean brady is clearly the goat but nonetheless im really disappointed that not a single other team has made the change to a patriots type mismatch system where they use a large stable of versatile tight ends and running backs to engineer mismatches on linebackers over and over again and then the qb just has to pick which 1v1 matchup he likes best virtually presnap - now obviously the real quality comes from being able to read and predict the mismatch but that's why brady is who brady is - i think the panthers were trying to emulate it a bit this year with samuel and mccaffrey coming in and the falcons do something philosophically similar but using more wrs but very few teams set up their passing game with rbs and tes the way the pats do and its an obvious advantage - its not even like theyre hiding what they do either - its just so dominant and hard to play against that you cant really stop it conventionally
This is so true! Its what ive been saying for years lol. But also, brady and all his wrs are on the same page. Like they all will change direction mid route. Its like they all have options routes with 5 route combinations as the option lol. Cant play zone vs pats offense

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
no but i feel like even blake bortles or a younger flacco would be successful with that system. Probably not brady sucessful just because he is the kobe bryant of the nfl. Ultimate competitor and will do any and everything to win. Anyway, all im saying is that when brady throws the ball his wrs are open. Imo Aaron rodgers is the best Qb in lg has been for the last few season. His front office just not as great as pats
Rodgers is definitely right up there with him. Is he better or worse, that's very subjective. Brady definitely has the better offensive personnel and I'm a big fan of the offensive system they use as well. BB coached teams are much better at exploiting other teams weaknesses than other teams. They are also very good at making in game adjustments.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Rodgers is definitely right up there with him. Is he better or worse, that's very subjective. Brady definitely has the better offensive personnel and I'm a big fan of the offensive system they use as well. BB coached teams are much better at exploiting other teams weaknesses than other teams. They are also very good at making in game adjustments.
Yes they are! BB is by far the best to ever do it. he coaches like how a pro madden player plays madden lol. Exploit exploit exploit and makes adjustments accordingly

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes they are! BB is by far the best to ever do it. he coaches like how a pro madden player plays madden lol. Exploit exploit exploit and makes adjustments accordingly
BB is from the Parcells coaching tree and has taken it to a completely different level. When he was with the Giants, Parcells was in a division that had tough coaches that could exploit teams and change game plans at the drop of a hat. Parcells, Gibbs and Landry were three of the best coaches in the NFL at exploiting weaknesses. Parcells (BB) on defense and Gibbs and Landry on offense.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm sorry but if Aaron Rodgers was put in Brady's place I actually think the Patriots would have more Super Bowl wins than they did with Brady. I really do think 80% of their success is the system put in place with how well back ups have performed there. Starting a franchise I would easily take Rodgers over Brady and possibly a couple others in the league because of physical traits. Brady is a smart quarterback, probably the smartest in the league, but I do think he fell into the perfect situation. The Packers have wasted a majority of Rodgers' prime.

I'm sorry but if Aaron Rodgers was put in Brady's place I actually think the Patriots would have more Super Bowl wins than they did with Brady. I really do think 80% of their success is the system put in place with how well back ups have performed there. Starting a franchise I would easily take Rodgers over Brady and possibly a couple others in the league because of physical traits. Brady is a smart quarterback, probably the smartest in the league, but I do think he fell into the perfect situation. The Packers have wasted a majority of Rodgers' prime.
Sadly I agree with you. I honestly don't think we will win another one with Rodgers.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

if im honest im not sure i agree - aaron rodgers is playing football like no other player has ever played it before that's true and he's playing qb when he's on probably at a higher level than the position has ever been played - that being said you cant separate the qb from the system and it would cheapen tom brady to say that he has no say or control over the system they run - on the contrary they can only run the system they run because brady is one of the few qbs who could ever run it at its full capacity - and it's a little overlooked but brady's never exactly been physically stymied in terms of being a pocket passer - yes he cant run but his actual footwork and arm is easily enough for the nfl even at 40 - and there's also that clutch factor that makes a huge difference - brady wins games from all sorts of horrible situations in big games that i wish he wouldnt but he repeatedly does - in the most recent superbowl even at 28-3 it still felt ominous to me because i knew who was under center - rodgers may have the ceiling to play better than anyone has ever played on the planet but brady consistently is the best qb in the league year after year and the same with bill bellichek - they have probably both been under awarded by the league during their many seasons because they arent the "sexy" choice for awards - how many times has coach of the year gone to a team that went 5-11 and then 10-6 the next year because the pats going 14-2 and getting to the superbowl was so unremarkable so bellichek misses out and tom brady missing out on mvp because some young upstart is a flashier pick despite the fact that brady had more tds, higher passer rating and got his team to the superbowl etc...

i honestly cant stand the pats but ill give those 2 their due - it cheapens them both to say that they both fell into the perfect situation

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sadly I agree with you. I honestly don't think we will win another one with Rodgers.
It is sad when great players careers’ are wasted. I’d put Brees in there with Rodgers too in terms of their primes being wasted outside of 1 Super Bowl. It’ll be a sad day when they go out.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
2 questions. How good is the packer Dline? Like can they cause pressure up the middle?
And what about the packers oline, any weak links?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
2 questions. How good is the packer Dline? Like can they cause pressure up the middle?
And what about the packers oline, any weak links?

they've had some oline injuries throughout the year and i think bulaga might be going on i/r soon?!? idk - but bakhtiari is playing - they have a good oline when its healthy though
and their dline - mike daniels is playing almost as well as any dlineman in the league

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
they've had some oline injuries throughout the year and i think bulaga might be going on i/r soon?!? idk - but bakhtiari is playing - they have a good oline when its healthy though
and their dline - mike daniels is playing almost as well as any dlineman in the league
Well hopefully we beat up their oline. But anyone whos playing goodon defense is bad news for us. We make good look great and great look elite

Mike Daniels is the best we have on our D line. Blake Martinez is playing very well. Clay Matthews is getting old but still a threat and Randall gets a lot of interceptions. Our O line is really suffering with the loss of Bulaga for the year.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
It is sad when great players careers’ are wasted. I’d put Brees in there with Rodgers too in terms of their primes being wasted outside of 1 Super Bowl. It’ll be a sad day when they go out.
Exactly and I would add Phillip Rivers to this list.