• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Favorite 1990s song?

wonderwall and everybody hurts - i like them but man were they played all the time...
Where did you live where these songs were played? I actually think different areas of the U.S. overplay different songs. One song that was played a lot up here in Michigan was Garbage- Only happy when it rains.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Was Zombie an overplayed song in the 90s? I remember hearing it on the radio but not nearly as much as Linger by the Cranberries.

i wouldnt say it was overplayed at all - wish it was played more
in fact the thing i hate most about modern pop radio (in the UK at least) is that they have a select set of songs that's only like 20-25 songs that hardly changes week to week - i wish some of the older 90s or even early noughties tunes were still played on pop radio rather than on stations that play older stuff

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Where did you live where these songs were played? I actually think different areas of the U.S. overplay different songs. One song that was played a lot up here in Michigan was Garbage- Only happy when it rains.

im from the uk so wonderwall was huge (still is) and everybody hurts i remember because there was a time through the early noughties (i was pretty young still) where i always got it confused with mad world

Everybody hurts music video was filmed in San Antonio Texas. I know somebody that was down there and he can make out exactly where they shot the video. It was on Interstate 35 just outside the city. I always liked that song.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
thanks lol - at some point i need to just make a 90s/early 00s playlist because i have all my faves currently saved all together from all eras and sometimes i just wanna listen to 90s female rock and their catchy as fuck hooks
I was an entertainer for 17 years. I remember playing this stuff and boy did music fall apart In the mid 2000. I mean it went for a nose dive. I was a wedding and bar mitzvah dj/emcee

You hit the nail on the head. I loved the first half of the 2000s but the 2nd half of the decade was awful when you had Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and Eminem hit the airwaves. I did like the Los Lonely Boys from back then though.

This decade I liked that song I'm going to pop some tags and Bruno Mars latest tune 24 carrot magic in the air is the highlight of this decade.

i think there have been a lot of decent songs the last 2-3 years or so but its a major genre shift in pop music to 10 years ago which was rihanna, nelly furtado, taylor swift, JT

but that bruno mars album is pretty sik
What other songs do you like the past few years?