• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Favorite 1990s song?

K-Dog

MVP
I am of the opinion mid 90 on ( still ) much of the music out there either sucks or really sucks.
There were some gems. The aforementioned Goo-goo Dolls for one.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
90's music is the best. I don't think I could pick a favorite song, but here's my favorite Green Day song (they were my favorite band when I was growing up during the 90's):

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ve been listening to some of the 90s songs, mentioned in this thread, with my Alexa.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Here’s a little history to “Hey Jealosy.” It was originally written in 1989, but was recorded in 1992.
It was recorded twice and the songwriter, Doug Hopkins committed suicide in 1993 after a lifelong battle with depression. Can’t help but feel a bit sad every time I hear that song, but for me it’s always been an integral part of the 90s rock sound.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It was recorded twice and the songwriter, Doug Hopkins committed suicide in 1993 after a lifelong battle with depression. Can’t help but feel a bit sad every time I hear that song, but for me it’s always been an integral part of the 90s rock sound.
Hopkins was fired from the band after the album was released.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
There are waaaay too many songs in this era to just single out a "favorite" so to speak when there are multiple songs. However, I'll add my flavor to the thread. First, starting off with my main man...The King of Pop...Michael Jackson....THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER THAT HAS EVER LIVED.....

Remember the Times:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
There are waaaay too many songs in this era to just single out a "favorite" so to speak when there are multiple songs. However, I'll add my flavor to the thread. First, starting off with my main man...The King of Pop...Michael Jackson....THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER THAT HAS EVER LIVED.....

Remember the Times:

Man in the mirror is his best song and I LOVE Michael Jackson.... He was gone too soon.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Man in the mirror is his best song and I LOVE Michael Jackson.... He was gone too soon.
He’s making more dead than anyone else in the industry. I actually liked his stuff from the Off The Wall and Thriller albums best, but his 90s music was very good. It was hard for him to put out anything “Bad”