• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Favorite 1990s song?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He’s making more dead than anyone else in the industry. I actually liked his stuff from the Off The Wall and Thriller albums best, but his 90s music was very good. It was hard for him to put out anything “Bad”
Him and Prince were musical gods in completely different ways. Prince was the modern day Mozart imho.

Tank

Hall of Famer
There are waaaay too many songs in this era to just single out a "favorite" so to speak when there are multiple songs. However, I'll add my flavor to the thread. First, starting off with my main man...The King of Pop...Michael Jackson....THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER THAT HAS EVER LIVED.....

Remember the Times:

A guy from my old neighborhood, Greg Wright, played with MJ on his Victory Tour in 1984. I wasn’t close friends with Greg(he was a few years older than me)but did know him and would hear him and his band play at school dances and parties. Pretty cool.

Greg is the guy playing lead guitar here on Beat It.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A guy from my old neighborhood, Greg Wright, played with MJ on his Victory Tour in 1984. I wasn’t close friends with Greg(he was a few years older than me)but did know him and would hear him and his band play at school dances and parties. Pretty cool.

Pretty cool

I love the Gin Blossoms. Till I hear it from you was a great song. What year was that one guys? I remember hearing it a lot on the radio I'm guessing 95ish?

Misery by Soul Asylum is another awesome song! I get kind of emotional when I hear that one on the radio, it just hits me.

Also I will never forget Flying into Norfolk Virgina and I had my headphones on listening to the radio. As we were descending and I could see the city below the song Jumper by Third Eye blind was on. I tell you what a great song to listen to as you are flying into a city. I love that tune. I just happened to be flipping the radio stations around on my sony Walkman and that song was blaring in.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Greg was on point with that lead.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There are so many songs from the 90s, it’s easy to forget some here and there.

Tank

Hall of Famer
A really good one from a great Irish composer/song writer/guitarist.

Last edited: