• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After the Bateman pick, this draft has been pretty meh for me. No offence to EDC but as an Aussie with a skinfull of imperial barrel aged stout I reckon I know more than him who we need, reckon I could beat him in a fight too. Also who starts day 3 at 2am thats just dumb.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After the Bateman pick, this draft has been pretty meh for me. No offence to EDC but as an Aussie with a skinfull of imperial barrel aged stout I reckon I know more than him who we need, reckon I could beat him in a fight too. Also who starts day 3 at 2am thats just dumb.
You need to maybe take a nap or something my guy

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have to record todays draft and miss the live goings on unfortunately. Here are some targets for me:
Ardararius Washington
Brevin Jordan (these 2 in round 4 would be nice)
Trey Hill -- I would LOVE this. sit him a year behind Bozeman and then you get two Georgia maulers at C and LG
Darius Stills - developmental but can provide interior quicks and pressure
Patterson - dynamic RB from Buffalo
lets double dip the edge

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's really clear is that, in a year with lots of uncertainty, the ravens are picking guys with athletic ability and great testing and athletic profiles

when there's less film around and less confidence in other parts of the process, i would say that through 105 picks, it's fairly clear the ravens are leaning on the analytics department a bit more than they otherwise have done in the past - probably to fill some of the gap
look Darius stills so far is incomplete but upside day three

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Quincy Roche
Trey Smith
David Moore
Jordan Smith
Isaiah McDuffie
Daelin Heyes
Darius Stills
Tamorrion Terry

Take two of them and let this pizza eating kiddo sleep well, please!

if we're satisfied we can work around trey smith's medical issues - i'd love it if we could bring him in because talent-wise that would be a major steal

david moore also - had some time at C in the senior bowl and that might be a good spot for him to convert to in the pros - small school, violent, dominated at his level

rossihunter2

Staff Member

love it - lol my body clock is completely screwed now - came home from work yesterday, went to sleep, woke up just before midnight to watch the draft, started drinking, went to sleep again at like 7am and now im ready to go again lol

love it - lol my body clock is completely screwed now - came home from work yesterday, went to sleep, woke up just before midnight to watch the draft, started drinking, went to sleep again at like 7am and now im ready to go again lol

Days 1 & 2 work for me as the start at like 10am. Day 1 and worked from home watched most at home saw our picks at brewery. Day 2 saw up to pick 65 then had to coach my kids soccer game then back about for pick 85.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Alright who’s your day 3 targets?

EDGE: Elerson Smith, Cam Sample

WR: Tylan Wallace, Amon-Ra, Seth Williams, Marlon Williams

TE: Brevin Jordan

I have no idea who’s a good RT prospect still available
Stone Forsythe, OT our of Florida is still available. He only allowed 16 pressures on 513 pass blocking snaps.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
In terms of BPA, here's who's left from the day 2 section of my board:

• DL Daviyon Nixon (not sure why he's fallen to day 3)
  • OG Trey Smith (blood clots - might finally get drafted today, if not will be a udfa to watch)
  • OG Deonte Brown (weight issues)
  • S Ar'Darius Washington
  • S Jamar Johnson
  • RB Michael Carter (at this point i dont really care that he's a RB - no idea why he's still on the board and would eschew needs at other positions to pick him at this point)
  • WR Amon-Ra St Brown
  • DB Kary Vincent Jr
  • LB Jabril Cox
  • EDGE Quincy Roche
  • EDGE Hamilcar Rashed Jr
  • LB/S JaCoby Stevens
  • EDGE Janarius Robinson
  • WR Cornell Powell
  • CB Israel Mukuamu
  • OT Stone Forsythe
  • CB Tre Brown
  • TE Brevin Jordan
  • OT James Hudson (apparently did not show up well in interviews)
  • RB Kenneth Gainwell
  • DL Jay Tufele
  • S Joshuah Bledsoe
  • WR Austin Watkins Jr (Sammy Watkins cousin)
  • WR Cade Johnson
  • OG David Moore
  • S James Wiggins
intriguingly i've just counted them and there's 26 of them... and we pick 26th in round 4...

meaningless coincidence but interesting nonetheless
I'd take Hamilcar just for the name value

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Wouldn't be easier for you to just move to the States or atleast during football season and the Draft!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Days 1 & 2 work for me as the start at like 10am. Day 1 and worked from home watched most at home saw our picks at brewery. Day 2 saw up to pick 65 then had to coach my kids soccer game then back about for pick 85.

perfectly timed on day 2 then lol - here day 1 and 2 don't even start until after midnight - whereas day 3 is perfectly placed in the early evening at 5pm

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
if we're satisfied we can work around trey smith's medical issues - i'd love it if we could bring him in because talent-wise that would be a major steal

david moore also - had some time at C in the senior bowl and that might be a good spot for him to convert to in the pros - small school, violent, dominated at his level
Idk what it is about David Moore but I’m just not feeling him too much

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
3 people vouching for him - im gonna have to turn on the tape, fall in love and then inevitably get disappointed when we dont draft him or he comes off the board at 106
I could see him going undeafted or be the first pick today, he’s got upside.

reminds me a lot of what I saw from trysten hill, who was a character problem but had spectacular pass rush ability on his tape, stills is very similar.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Idk what it is about David Moore but I’m just not feeling him too much

i see him get over-aggressive an lean a bit too often - opens him up to counters... his head sometimes drops and he can stop his feet (needs to stay more active but he's not lacking foot quickness)
struggled a bit vs longer rushers...
he's only 6ft tall...
didn't play in 2020 because of the small school seasons not happening...

that's all ive got in terms of negatives - i feel like if he played in the power 5 he'd have easily been a day 2 guy