• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah boykin's gotta be worried for sure - proche and duvernay under our control for longer and boykin's shown nothing except downfield blocking and special teams - not sure that's going to earn him a role this year

I mean considering the only very likely to see a lot of game time are Watkins, Hollywood and Bateman, being able to be a high value special teams target means he will likely be the 4th WR as why would you want a 4th who cant.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
yeah boykin's gotta be worried for sure - proche and duvernay under our control for longer and boykin's shown nothing except downfield blocking and special teams - not sure that's going to earn him a role this year
Proche and Duv are also our returners and have done a great job there

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly what I thought, and I wouldn’t necessarily say outside, but more vertical, I think he offers more high point ability than Snead ever could’ve.

that said, I’d rather see us design plays for duvernay as a slot than Wallace.

there'll be roles for both - duvernay still cant run routes - and maybe he learns but right now duvernay's more of a gadget and special teams weapon - he'll get on the field in 4 wide situations when they happen and there'll be some snaps where he comes on the field to play the z or slot and go in motion etc.

but tylan offers slightly different value - and maybe a potential replacement for sammy

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean considering the only very likely to see a lot of game time are Watkins, Hollywood and Bateman, being able to be a high value special teams target means he will likely be the 4th WR as why would you want a 4th who cant.

because other guys play on special teams too and he's not a standout special teamer...
downfield blocking isnt enough to earn a roster spot - not when duvernay's out there as the top return man and probably best gunner on the team - proche might be in trouble too but think the extra year of control and better physicality at the catch-point gives him more of a chance to win that battle

Simba

Staff Member
Also 3 picks in round 5 now - 160, 171, and 184. Saying fuck the late rounds where there will be a whole bunch of nobodies

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really think Boykin is gone. Assuming we keep five on the active roster that's:
Hollywood
Watkins
Bateman
Wallace
Duv

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think proche is gone over boykin at the very least