• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m not gonna defer to Eric decosta on corners, I’m just not going to, I think we absolutely wasted 2 picks on corners this year and we wasted one in 2019 as well, I don’t believe Eric is doing even a below average job drafting corners, I think he’s been flat out bad at it since taking over and I’m worried about our long term future in the secondary.

this is concerning. This is raiders level bad at identifying secondary talent, thank fuck we loaded up on the secondary just before Ozzie retired

Tyler

Practice Squad
I’m loving this draft. Sure, tackle is a concern, But they like Tyre Phillips and they will sign a vet, whether or not it’s AV. We’ve never had a freak like Odafe Oweh, and he will be a fun boom or bust guy to watch hopefully become a force. Plus I fully expect them to sign Houston. Bateman is obviously the crown jewel(for the fan base at least) and double dipping with Tylan Wallace cements the effort in building a good wr room for our franchise QB. We’ll see if it works out! Ben Cleveland looks like Braun Strowman, and is one of my favorite picks in the draft. Great Value. Shaun Wade is a boom or bust corner with first round potential that a loaded secondary can afford to have stashed away. The only pick I was scratching my head at was Brandon Stephens. Only because I know nothing about him. But, we were grumbling when the ravens took an unknown in the 3rd in Lardarius Webb and that worked out pretty well. In EDC and Ozzie I trust!

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not gonna defer to Eric decosta on corners, I’m just not going to, I think we absolutely wasted 2 picks on corners this year and we wasted one in 2019 as well, I don’t believe Eric is doing even a below average job drafting corners, I think he’s been flat out bad at it since taking over and I’m worried about our long term future in the secondary.

this is concerning. This is raiders level bad at identifying secondary talent, thank fuck we loaded up on the secondary just before Ozzie retired

eh?
lol - you're making this judgement based on a 4th round pick who's spent his first 2 years injured...

he's taken 2 guys this year with high upside - who might not have even been drafted to play corner (both announced as DBs - stephens EDC said he saw as a potential high-level free safety and it sounds like the idea is that Wade plays a nickel/cb/safety hybrid type role)

not sure what there's possibly to complain about unless you're complaining about the guys he hasn't picked when we've taken other positions???

Simba

Staff Member
It's funny seeing the owners and high level execs announcing picks with their trophy wives next to them. Like, we know they're in it for the money lol

Tyler

Practice Squad

Joey I know you just HAD to get one mini meltdown in there since you couldn’t have one when they drafted Bateman! Just kidding lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's funny seeing the owners and high level execs announcing picks with their trophy wives next to them. Like, we know they're in it for the money lol

no way. I believe in LOVE!

Just look at Sean McVay’s wife. Love still exist!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Pretty interesting, WR, EDGE, OL and DB with double dips at WR and DB. We've got 2 more picks. Get ready for 1 more OL and 1 more EDGE

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i mean the top 2 guys left on my board are OL lol
a couple of EDGEs left but otherwise that position's mostly been cleaned out
honestly - tons of DBs still on my board high

Think we would take 3 in an already crowded area of the team? Also just want to note im HYPE on Tylan. Never in a million years would have suspected this. Wanted him as an early trade up in the 3rd if we didn't get Bateman.