• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simba

Staff Member
Such an interesting choice. Round 1 pick if he had come out last year but was dreadful during the season. Boom or bust.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am confused as the Ravens already had a lot of CBs so it seems weird to draft 2 more when there are not any contracts expiring in the secondary soon (other than AA).

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guess is we're trying to stack the DB/CB room for ST and to also prepare for guys leaving like Averett and maybe Young or someone else going down for injury. Feels like we're playing craps a bit but eh

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am confused as the Ravens already had a lot of CBs so it seems weird to draft 2 more when there are not any contracts expiring in the secondary soon (other than AA).
Jimmy Smith, Tavon Young, Averett, and Elliot are my guesses. Smith being old and having injury history, Young having injury history, Averett being a FA soon, same with Elliot.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’re just going for SPARQ athletes at this point lol.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just like I said last night, I don’t see any of these guys from middle of last night and today doing anything noteworthy. These guys being drafted now flat out suck, and that’s a big difference from other draft years
Everybody says this every year. Yet, close to 2/3 of the NFL players consist of 4th round picks or later.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I forgot to brag about this yesterday but I’ve been saying all year we would take a cb in the third round. Yes we are converting him but I get to be at least right about one thing.