• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Odafe Jayson Oweh

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay, since I know people are mentioning the no sack thing. He had a great pressure rate and teams sold out to stop him, with him still forcing a lot of quick throws.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
People are buying too much into the zero sacks in a short 2020 season.

oweh is the freakiest defender the ravens may have ever had in the history of the franchise. Look at our track record of less athletic rushers, we haven’t even attempted to get an above average athlete to rush the passer and we get a fucking mythical beast on the squad and people complain.

I feel like the tape is so much better than the stat sheet indicates, and I feel like he is the perfect defender for wink to unlock.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
We could've drafted Creed or another OL who actually contribute day 1 and not a project. I don't like the pick.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We could've drafted Creed or another OL who actually contribute day 1 and not a project. I don't like the pick.

i mean oweh's gonna play straight away - he's good enough stacking and shedding, and he's got absurd sideline to sideline ability (and that helps him running down screens etc)

he's raw as a pass rusher in that he doesnt really have a plan yet but there's a ton of disruption throughout his film

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
People are buying too much into the zero sacks in a short 2020 season.

oweh is the freakiest defender the ravens may have ever had in the history of the franchise. Look at our track record of less athletic rushers, we haven’t even attempted to get an above average athlete to rush the passer and we get a fucking mythical beast on the squad and people complain.

I feel like the tape is so much better than the stat sheet indicates, and I feel like he is the perfect defender for wink to unlock.
i cant even complain since i havent watched any film on the guy, i just go by what i hear and when i saw 0 sacks but tested throught the charts i automatically thought "raw" and just an athlete sp i didnt really bother since i wasnt too into the process this year, ill watch some tape tonight

if yall got some reccomended games to watch lmk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i cant even complain since i havent watched any film on the guy, i just go by what i hear and when i saw 0 sacks but tested throught the charts i automatically thought "raw" and just an athlete sp i didnt really bother since i wasnt too into the process this year, ill watch some tape tonight

if yall got some reccomended games to watch lmk
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Worry less about what he wasn’t able to do for one shortened season in college, and worry more about what he can do. He is a dog, and physically he’s just a superior kind of specimen, he’s gonna create disruption and pressure

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
hard to have less...

Yes and no. I wasn't necessarily comparing to last year when he had Yannick and Judon also in front of him. We all would have expected by necessity that Ferguson was going to play more this year. However, now with Oweh and especially if we still bring in Houston, Ferguson could still just barely see the field

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean oweh's gonna play straight away - he's good enough stacking and shedding, and he's got absurd sideline to sideline ability (and that helps him running down screens etc)

he's raw as a pass rusher in that he doesnt really have a plan yet but there's a ton of disruption throughout his film
We have Stanley and Bozeman (and even he's got only one more year left on his contract).
I'd feel more comfortable if we had picked an Ol because I don't trust our line