• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seahawks draft history makes this believable. 3 QBs going before 14! #SIIE

i mean pete's clearly in it for a rebuild or either he'd have retired or they wouldnt have traded russ
makes sense he'd want a young QB to mould

we can only hope

but the fact that they actively took fewer 1st round picks from the broncos just to make sure he went out of conference (i.e. not to washington who offered at least 3 first round picks) suggests that they have at least some intention of being good in 2022... i cant possibly imagine they think drew lock gets them there so must be thinking of a rookie (hopefully lol)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i mean pete's clearly in it for a rebuild or either he'd have retired or they wouldnt have traded russ
makes sense he'd want a young QB to mould

we can only hope

but the fact that they actively took fewer 1st round picks from the broncos just to make sure he went out of conference (i.e. not to washington who offered at least 3 first round picks) suggests that they have at least some intention of being good in 2022... i cant possibly imagine they think drew lock gets them there so must be thinking of a rookie (hopefully lol)
Jimmy G, I reckon.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i agree but i just dont think its likely that their logic would be to get a haul from the broncos and then piss away a part of it to give to the 49ers... especially as it's a division rival too
Oh, right....

For some reason I was going on the assumption he's a free agent.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
There's definitely a QB going in the top 10. People need to calm it down assuming a guy we like won't be there because the draft is unpredictable. There's always a team that takes a player who people thought had no business being picked at that particular spot. We'll get an high level edge or CB at 14.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
There's definitely a QB going in the top 10. People need to calm it down assuming a guy we like won't be there because the draft is unpredictable. There's always a team that takes a player who people thought had no business being picked at that particular spot. We'll get an high level edge or CB at 14.
You......want to..........speak it into existence or??????

D1City55

Pro Bowler
You......want to..........speak it into existence or??????
I think it's going to happen. If a team needs a QB in the top 10, can they stomach risking it and waiting till the 2nd round? I think people tend to overcomplicate things, if a team feels a player is worth it at 5 or 6 or wherever, they don't care about where they're making that pick. In the end, it depends on how much they value the player and if they're confident they can get that guy moving back. Someone unexpectedly will get picked in the top 10.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Screenshot_20220309-212419.png

Since I haven't haven't one of these in awhile. Other teams were grabbing OTs like fifty spots ahead of where they should go so that was slim pickings, but Max Mitchell is no slouch and Vederian Lowe is a really intriguing day three guy.

Aside from that Ojabu, Woolen, and Beavers adds some incredible athleticism to our defense, along with a wave a young defensive lineman. If we grabbed another tackle in free agency this could be a great draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
In the wentz to Washington deal, they would send the colts a 2023 2nd round pick if wentz plays 70% of the snaps, and third if he falls short.

I would absolutely not rule out the skins taking a shot on malik Willis if he’s there at 11, and letting him take the reins midseason when wentz inevitably fails, saving themselves a ton of draft capital

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The cupboard has been bare in TDN mocks lately. I'll be lucky if I can even get Ojabo to fall to us. Next best are Davis and Linderbaum