• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

JAAM

Hall of Famer
the top 10 guys im looking at are often gone yeah - but ojabo's always there (and when he isnt normally it's one of the 10 falling out instead)
Would you rather have Ojabo, Karlaftis or Lloyd at 14 assuming the others are gone including Davis?

Simba

Staff Member
The cupboard has been bare in TDN mocks lately. I'll be lucky if I can even get Ojabo to fall to us. Next best are Davis and Linderbaum

It's kinda wild because there's a clear top 10 or so delineating themselves from the rest, but it's still as uncertain as can be because we don't know much outside of maybe pick 1 right now... and even that's not a sure thing.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would you rather have Ojabo, Karlaftis or Lloyd at 14 assuming the others are gone including Davis?

definitely not karlaftis

right now id say ojabo... the unofficial 40 for lloyd freaked me out a bit (which is irrational i know lol), think either of those 2 would be a fine pick at 14 too though...

here's a wildcard option for you though... and i admit 14 might be a bit rich for him but if the ravens took daxton hill at 14 i would not be mad at all - it would be surprising and unexpected but the talent and the scheme fit and the system familiarity and the versatility would make him a slam dunk here even with the questions about positional value...

but if we think kyle hamilton's a top 10 pick then i see no reason why dax hill shouldnt be a top 20 pick or even top 15...

Simba

Staff Member
definitely not karlaftis

right now id say ojabo... the unofficial 40 for lloyd freaked me out a bit (which is irrational i know lol), think either of those 2 would be a fine pick at 14 too though...

here's a wildcard option for you though... and i admit 14 might be a bit rich for him but if the ravens took daxton hill at 14 i would not be mad at all - it would be surprising and unexpected but the talent and the scheme fit and the system familiarity and the versatility would make him a slam dunk here even with the questions about positional value...

but if we think kyle hamilton's a top 10 pick then i see no reason why dax hill shouldnt be a top 20 pick or even top 15...

The other guy where it may be "too rich" but I feel like he's going to be a high quality player anyways is Devonte Wyatt. Of course I'd prefer a trade back but he's the other type of guy I could live with if they were forced to make the pick and the top options are all gone.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's kinda wild because there's a clear top 10 or so delineating themselves from the rest, but it's still as uncertain as can be because we don't know much outside of maybe pick 1 right now... and even that's not a sure thing.

i dont think pick 1's even that certain anymore now that the jags have franchised cam robinson again
i think also it feels like there's a clear top 10 from a ravens point of view because we've got none of the receivers high on our board... idk that some of these teams wont have big grades on garrett wilson, chris olave, treylon burks or jameson williams (even with the injury)

i know that if the ravens hadn't taken rashod bateman last year that i'd be absolutely gagging for us to take olave this year at 14

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The other guy where it may be "too rich" but I feel like he's going to be a high quality player anyways is Devonte Wyatt. Of course I'd prefer a trade back but he's the other type of guy I could live with if they were forced to make the pick and the top options are all gone.

that's slightly too early for me on him, but as you say, there's a point at which "value" is meaningless and if you love a guy you just take him regardless of "value" so if we took him there, it'd feel a little like a reach but also we're not getting him at 45 and he might not be there if we traded back beyond 20 either so... maybe you just have to take him

and that would be fine too

Simba

Staff Member
i dont think pick 1's even that certain anymore now that the jags have franchised cam robinson again
i think also it feels like there's a clear top 10 from a ravens point of view because we've got none of the receivers high on our board... idk that some of these teams wont have big grades on garrett wilson, chris olave, treylon burks or jameson williams (even with the injury)

i know that if the ravens hadn't taken rashod bateman last year that i'd be absolutely gagging for us to take olave this year at 14

Very fair. I think there's a real chance 2 or so of those WRs sneak in before us but certainly no sure thing. Feels like all of the teams that could use WR could also use the same positions we could use so everything is just hard to predict.

Simba

Staff Member
that's slightly too early for me on him, but as you say, there's a point at which "value" is meaningless and if you love a guy you just take him regardless of "value" so if we took him there, it'd feel a little like a reach but also we're not getting him at 45 and he might not be there if we traded back beyond 20 either so... maybe you just have to take him

and that would be fine too

And that's the difficult thing. Ideally in either scenario, you have the opportunity to move back and capitalize on that "value" in this case. But if it's like a couple years ago where you're sitting at the table and get no calls...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In the wentz to Washington deal, they would send the colts a 2023 2nd round pick if wentz plays 70% of the snaps, and third if he falls short.

I would absolutely not rule out the skins taking a shot on malik Willis if he’s there at 11, and letting him take the reins midseason when wentz inevitably fails, saving themselves a ton of draft capital
I definitely think it is still a possibility.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Very fair. I think there's a real chance 2 or so of those WRs sneak in before us but certainly no sure thing. Feels like all of the teams that could use WR could also use the same positions we could use so everything is just hard to predict.

washington is a pretty good team for the ravens in that their major needs dont match up with ours - QB (still), WR, LB, IOL... but they might be the only one

yeah the browns are a great example of what you're saying ... they could go edge, they could go corner, they probably wont go tackle but they're also one of the prime options for a WR ahead of us

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hello yall, been distant all things Ravens ever since our season spiraled into an abyss but my thoughts on our draft priorities would be:

A: Shore up the tackle spot. If we dont do anything in FA regarding tackle, we need to hit on some this class. Rn we have no RT and Stanley hasent been healthy.

B: Get some young talent in the secondary. We need some guys to step up behind Humphrey and Peters to make plays. We need ballhawks. I swear outside of Peters we have no nose for the ball on this team

C: Get more pass rushers. Inside and out we need guys who can consistently get after the QB, I'm tired of being a blitz league team, we gotta get after the QB with 4 or 5 rushers back to how we used to

My top want is Stingley by far. I think he has the most talent of all the corners in this class, not a big fan of that FCS tackle at 14 tho. Would rather trade back or trade up for a better tackle

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Hello yall, been distant all things Ravens ever since our season spiraled into an abyss but my thoughts on our draft priorities would be:

A: Shore up the tackle spot. If we dont do anything in FA regarding tackle, we need to hit on some this class. Rn we have no RT and Stanley hasent been healthy.

B: Get some young talent in the secondary. We need some guys to step up behind Humphrey and Peters to make plays. We need ballhawks. I swear outside of Peters we have no nose for the ball on this team

C: Get more pass rushers. Inside and out we need guys who can consistently get after the QB, I'm tired of being a blitz league team, we gotta get after the QB with 4 or 5 rushers back to how we used to

My top want is Stingley by far. I think he has the most talent of all the corners in this class, not a big fan of that FCS tackle at 14 tho. Would rather trade back or trade up for a better tackle
Welcome back, my man!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

glad to see you around. Now stick around....

Yes, big fan of Stingley. Would be one huge get.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sheesh, after the Draft Networks post-combine rankings update.. I find myself hating pick 14. All the guys I want got scooped up and I’m left with guys like Penning, Booth, and Jordan Davis. Wish we could use the trade option without paying for a membership lol.