• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well I guess USC decided to give their playoff spot to Ohio or Alabama. USC blew it in Lincoln Riley's first season, could have been Pac 12 Champs and made the playoffs.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well I guess USC decided to give their playoff spot to Ohio or Alabama. USC blew it in Lincoln Riley's first season, could have been Pac 12 Champs and made the playoffs.
All up to TCU to keep their spot in the Top 4.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
USC last night, TCU today but at least they are only down 8. TCU killing their playoff chances too.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
USC last night, TCU today but at least they are only down 8. TCU killing their playoff chances too.
The fact that TCU lost in OT should help them out as opposed to get blown out. Ohio State is definitely in. However, I'm sure the committee is considering the ratings of a potential Georgia vs. Alabama and Michigan vs. Ohio State playoff.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I was pissed by this news at first because my family's alma mater is JSU. However, Deion was with us for 3 years and just brought an undefeated 11-0 season and a SWAC (Southwest Athletic Conference) Championship to JSU last Saturday and a lot of national attention to JSU and other HBCU's football talent. He even drew in major recruits and $$$ to the program. So, I am happy for that cat. Good luck in Colorado. I'll be watching my brother. Shine Coach Prime shine!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I imagine there might be some NFL teams looking his way to be their DC, he turned down the Packers in 2020.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was sitting watching a little college fooball last night. Caught the the 2nd half of the "Cure Bowl" and it was damn good half............scorewise lol. UTSA should have won that game but they got infested with butterfingers disease. The Division !!! championship was on time as usual. Don't knock this league some good players have come out of here like Pierre Garcon and Jake Kumerow who is still playing today. The FCS game between Incarnate Word (who???) and North Dakota St was also tight as hell. I only made it to halftime but looked at the scores today and yep they brought it. Too much pro action today to pay much attention to the "meaningless bowls" today tho.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was pissed by this news at first because my family's alma mater is JSU. However, Deion was with us for 3 years and just brought an undefeated 11-0 season and a SWAC (Southwest Athletic Conference) Championship to JSU last Saturday and a lot of national attention to JSU and other HBCU's football talent. He even drew in major recruits and $$$ to the program. So, I am happy for that cat. Good luck in Colorado. I'll be watching my brother. Shine Coach Prime shine!

Lol I never knew Deion put out a video. Interesting that the MEAC and SWAC champs dont play in the FCS championships and instead play in the Heritage Bowl. Must be the $$$.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol I never knew Deion put out a video. Interesting that the MEAC and SWAC champs dont play in the FCS championships and instead play in the Heritage Bowl. Must be the $$$.
Ma, I love Deion's "Must Be the Money" song and video. Cats like him (personality, swag, confidence, etc.) that can trash-talk and then back it up are my type of ballers man! :cool:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ma, I love Deion's "Must Be the Money" song and video. Cats like him (personality, swag, confidence, etc.) that can trash-talk and then back it up are my type of ballers man! :cool:
And to top it all off he was a mama's boy. I love the way he took care of her.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And to top it all off he was a mama's boy. I love the way he took care of her.
Absolutely! Everything he did was with the intention of keeping his mother from ever having to work again. Go listen to his Hall of Fame induction speech. He said something to the effect of; "People said I didn't like to tackle and avoided tackling. Not true! I tackled every bill that my Momma ever sent me!"

Now that's some swag! :cool:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Absolutely! Everything he did was with the intention of keeping his mother from ever having to work again. Go listen to his Hall of Fame induction speech. He said something to the effect of; "People said I didn't like to tackle and avoided tackling. Not true! I tackled every bill that my Momma ever sent me!"

Now that's some swag! :cool:
Too bad Jackson St couldn't finish off the unbeaten season :(. I was switching back and forth when it wasn't looking like a game in Minn but the guys played tough and had a great year regardless.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Too bad Jackson St couldn't finish off the unbeaten season :(. I was switching back and forth when it wasn't looking like a game in Minn but the guys played tough and had a great year regardless.
Yeah, it was! But, I am grateful for Deion's efforts at JSU. It didn't go wasted or unnoticed.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Less than hour until Michigan and TCU kickoff in our first semifinal playoff game. My guess is Michigan & Georgia will compete for the National Championship. How Michigan would fare against Georgia, not sure. I like Georgia's chances of going back to back.