• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm a Georgia fan and I agree
Still a great college player , can’t take that from him. But damn he just screams entitlement . Also amazing he is the same age as Lamar.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well we’ve all be yearning for a quality CFP semi final and we got two. That really was an amazing couple of games. Hopefully signs of what’s to come when we expand the playoffs.

Feels like it’s Georgia Vs the world for the final. Let’s go Horny Frogs!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The last National Championship Game that did not feature a SEC Team was Texas vs USC back in the 2006 Rose Bowl. If Ohio State defeats Georgia, the SEC will not have a team in the National Championship Game for the first time in 16 years.
Funny thing is neither TCU nor Michigan would have a chance vs Bama.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Funny thing is neither TCU nor Michigan would have a chance vs Bama.
Based on what logic? Interesting you didn’t include Ohio state in that comment

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I disagree about both teams not having a chance against Bama. I think TCU and Michigan are in the same echelon as Tennessee. They damn sure are better than Ole Miss.
I have no idea what to make of the college football landscape other than Georgia is really really good. I thought TCU would hang yesterday for a while but ultimately lose by a couple scores to Mich. Its just crazy that Mich beats down Ohio state on the road, who then nearly beats Georgia in a de facto road game , all while TCU looks dominant Vs Michigan team.

All in all it’s great for the playoff expansion. Can only imagine how great it would have been had we added Alabama, a healthy Tenn, Utah, USC etc. Going to be fun when the expansion comes

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You hear that sound? That's Jim Harbaugh running to the NFL as the NCAA investigates Michigan.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
NCAA trying to remain relevant

rossihunter2

Staff Member
TCU is so overmatched it’s incredible. National championship team and They’re out of their league.

blame bama for losing a 2nd game, blame ohio state for losing to michigan and making the championship game happen in the semi-final instead

the one benefit of an expanded playoffs is that all these pretenders that dont actually belong on this stage will get weeded out by the better SEC teams

but georgia is so dominant, it needs the best college QBs around to be able to compete - that means Ohio State and Bama this year

not sure what college football will look like next year though - Georgia, Bama and Ohio State are the 3 recruiting way better than everyone else and USC have the presumptive best QB in college next year...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
blame bama for losing a 2nd game, blame ohio state for losing to michigan and making the championship game happen in the semi-final instead

the one benefit of an expanded playoffs is that all these pretenders that dont actually belong on this stage will get weeded out by the better SEC teams

but georgia is so dominant, it needs the best college QBs around to be able to compete - that means Ohio State and Bama this year

not sure what college football will look like next year though - Georgia, Bama and Ohio State are the 3 recruiting way better than everyone else and USC have the presumptive best QB in college next year...
Until something changes with recruiting where smaller schools and other conferences have a shot at top talent, the SEC will always be dominant and overmatched against smaller schools and other conferences.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Feels like we’re on a collision course for Caleb Williams vs Stetson Bennett

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Until something changes with recruiting where smaller schools and other conferences have a shot at top talent, the SEC will always be dominant and overmatched against smaller schools and other conferences.
I wonder what caused the major shift. Between 1990-2005 there were two SEC champions. There was less domination than with Miami, Oklahoma, USC, Texas, FSU, Nebraska, and Michigan all taking home the title. I think its all about coaches developing a pipeline to the NFL. Guys are going to go where they get the most exposure.