• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder what caused the major shift. Between 1990-2005 there were two SEC champions. There was less domination than with Miami, Oklahoma, USC, Texas, FSU, Nebraska, and Michigan all taking home the title. I think its all about coaches developing a pipeline to the NFL. Guys are going to go where they get the most exposure.
Really miss those days. Nebraska used to be a force lol And I loved the Canes. The Canes/Seminoles matchup was a must see at the time.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If @Militant X 1 was a Bulldogs fan, he'd STILL be saying "OFFENSE PLEASE" despite scoring 52 points.
:lol::D You better believe I will be saying that in "desperation" for the Ravens offense to put something together against the Bengals on Sunday to score TOUCHDOWNS and not FGs Dom.

Now, the college championship game was a JOKE! There is no way the TCU Hornedfrogs should have even been in that game. They are and were NO COMPETITION for an SEC powerhouse like the Bulldogs. Period! What I was saying was:

END THIS GAME PLEASE!!! :cool:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
dangit im a tcu fan but I knew that was coming. lol they smoked the hell out of us
TCU stood no chance against an SEC team like the Bulldogs (or any others from the SEC) whatsoever man. The SEC is a perennial powerhouse. Sorry to say brother, that TCU got what they deserved. There are levels to this! :lol::cool:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anybody watching this year? Big draft next year. Gotta bone up. Caught quite a bit of action Thurs night (1st half) of Fla/Utah. Solid game. Also flipped to the UCF/Kent St game a couple of times and the QB for UCF really caught my eye and I think we could be talking about him as a backup to Lamar. Not sure what games are on but will try to catch the late afternoon game.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anybody watching this year? Big draft next year. Gotta bone up. Caught quite a bit of action Thurs night (1st half) of Fla/Utah. Solid game. Also flipped to the UCF/Kent St game a couple of times and the QB for UCF really caught my eye and I think we could be talking about him as a backup to Lamar. Not sure what games are on but will try to catch the late afternoon game.
I’m interested to see if the AAC will ever return to greatness. Specially if Cristobal can finally get Miami back on track and to see if Florida St is legit. They’ve been a trendy pick for the newest CFP possibility.

I think the Irish are going to surprise some people and be a playoff team with Sam Hartman running the offense. Most of the talking heads have been very dismissive of the Irish , but that feels like a mistake.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m interested to see if the AAC will ever return to greatness. Specially if Cristobal can finally get Miami back on track and to see if Florida St is legit. They’ve been a trendy pick for the newest CFP possibility.

I think the Irish are going to surprise some people and be a playoff team with Sam Hartman running the offense. Most of the talking heads have been very dismissive of the Irish , but that feels like a mistake.
I'm seeing so many changes to the ACC first with Notre Dame but now they're also gonna be adding Cal, Stanford and SMU to the mix for 2024/25. Goodbye PAC division. Yes I think the ACC could be tough this year but they gotta beat teams in the SEC and Big 10 to take that step. Notre Dame, Clemson, Fla St and NC behind Drake Maye could surprize some folks this year. Hoping one makes the final 4.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well we won’t have to worry about TCU in the CFP

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think he'll lead them to the college playoffs or anything but Deion may get some looks at Head Coach in the NFL in the future.
Not this year, but the amount of eyes on that game and future games this year will be bringing in a lot of top level recruits. Two years from now? Very likely they are Pac12 champs and in the CFP

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Two years from now? Impossible that they'll be Pac-12 champs as they'll be in the Big 12 starting next season lol.
Lol I had no idea, hard to keep up with all the moves !