• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never cared to be an actual fan of the FL colleges and I was born in Montana. I chose the Ducks in 2012 because they constantly showed the games on Fox and I love the million jersey combinations LOL.
Just stay away from the lime green lol.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
ND is about to do us all a favor by knocking USC out of the CFP. USC was never going to be able to hang defensively with the best in the nation.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Deion needs to focus on defensive recruiting, only thing he's missing in Colorado is a good defense.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Another close ass loss to Washington............AGAIN. Congrats on the win, @purplepittabread88 .
Oh my god it was one of the craziest days of my life! We woke at 4 am for the gameday in the quad and I got to rush the field after. Sat in the end zone right between the field goal poasts. Any sport any team I have never seen energy like that day. Hell of a game

Got invited to Romes party after too as my friend is the offensive headset guy for the practices and such

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly PSU and OSU are not serious title contenders. Both offenses and Qb are subpar
Maybe so but their defenses are on. Since OSU won they did it becuz they have a Mazarati while PSU is sporting lemons. Difference in this game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think Jim Harbaugh changes his mind on the NFL with the accusations of stealing signs?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
They penalized Colorado State for the fans throwing snow balls lol. No Fun League apparently trickled down to College Football too.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I feel like there was so much hype over Arch Manning, but yet he's not even starting for Texas. I guess he's red shirting this year but still, so much hype over where he was going to play and he's not even starting.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Am I the only one who thinks this sign stealing stuff with Michigan is overblown? I mean you might as ban watching film on your opponent because the team might steal signs they see from watching film.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Am I the only one who thinks this sign stealing stuff with Michigan is overblown? I mean you might as ban watching film on your opponent because the team might steal signs they see from watching film.
Part of me feels this way, but I'm just waiting for the conclusion of the investigation to see what they say.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Part of me feels this way, but I'm just waiting for the conclusion of the investigation to see what they say.
The longer is goes the less I buy it. But the school did rescind his contract offer so we’ll see

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Loved seeing Okie St send Oklahoma out on their tails to the SEC. Really not liking the idea of these superconferences. I mean how stupid is USC and UCLA joining the BIG 10? A lot of these teams wont even face each other!!!

Caught some of the Wash/USC game and glad to see Wash win and while I have a lot of love For Michael Penix you can most definitely see the talent of Caleb Williams and why he will be the #1 pick. He did drop a notch tho wanting to cuddle puppies after a tough defeat.

The final 4 if no upsets in conference championships looks like its coming down to Fla St, Ohio St/Michigan winner, Alabama/Georgia winner and Washington. No complaints here. Now its on to rivalry week, conference championships, meaningless bowl games and the Final 4.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Loved seeing Okie St send Oklahoma out on their tails to the SEC. Really not liking the idea of these superconferences. I mean how stupid is USC and UCLA joining the BIG 10? A lot of these teams wont even face each other!!!

Caught some of the Wash/USC game and glad to see Wash win and while I have a lot of love For Michael Penix you can most definitely see the talent of Caleb Williams and why he will be the #1 pick. He did drop a notch tho wanting to cuddle puppies after a tough defeat.

The final 4 if no upsets in conference championships looks like its coming down to Fla St, Ohio St/Michigan winner, Alabama/Georgia winner and Washington. No complaints here. Now its on to rivalry week, conference championships, meaningless bowl games and the Final 4.
Fun games last night. Caleb Williams is going to be a stud in the league, hoping he goes to an NFC team.

I really don’t know what to make of the playoffs at this point.
-Georgia is #1 IMO but they’ve also looked more vulnerable this year than in years past.
-Ohio State does not impress me at all, their QB play is subpar and I see no way they keep pace with a solid offense.
-Michigan should be #2 and I’m betting they beat OSU.
- FSU is a great story, I’m hoping they can hang with the big boys, but it inevitably feels like they would get beat down by MICH/Georgia/ Wash….
- I have no idea how to gauge Wash/Oregon but they are a lot of fun to watch with the high scoring offenses. No sold on Penix being an NFL starter
- Alabama/Texas/ Ole Miss could all still sneak into the playoffs