• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fun games last night. Caleb Williams is going to be a stud in the league, hoping he goes to an NFC team.

I really don’t know what to make of the playoffs at this point.
-Georgia is #1 IMO but they’ve also looked more vulnerable this year than in years past.
-Ohio State does not impress me at all, their QB play is subpar and I see no way they keep pace with a solid offense.
-Michigan should be #2 and I’m betting they beat OSU.
- FSU is a great story, I’m hoping they can hang with the big boys, but it inevitably feels like they would get beat down by MICH/Georgia/ Wash….
- I have no idea how to gauge Wash/Oregon but they are a lot of fun to watch with the high scoring offenses. No sold on Penix being an NFL starter
- Alabama/Texas/ Ole Miss could all still sneak into the playoffs
Caleb will go to whoever has the #1 pick.

I do hope Michigan can beat Ohio St but I disagree that their QB play is sub par. I'd say a little above average but this team wouldn't even be in the hunt without their defense and Marvin Harrison Jr

Wash has already beat Oregon so if they win out they're in.

With you on Georgia.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
He's got a point....

A friend of mine is a die-hard Michigan fan. We were talking about this very thing in a group chat. Another person was like, if this was the Buckeyes, they'd turn a blind eye to it. This is what the Michigan fan said (I swear I completely forgot this happened), "They did. Michigan turned over evidence that OSU, Purdue and Illinois were taking our signals and sharing them with one another last year. Makes a lot of sense when Illinois played us closer than anyone last year. B10 is about to die an ugly death."

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
This has got to be the craziest weekend of college football in a long time. What a great day of games so far

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
For as good as Ohio State has been for years, Ryan Day continues to struggle for the best. Day is 1-6 against AP top 5 opponents.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Still to early to tell whats up.

What if Iowa beats Michigan? Will any BIG10 school make it?

I think Georgia is a stone cold lock even if Alabama wins and sneak into 4 seed which will leave Texas fans fuckin crying. Anyways lots of scenarios.

On a sidenote. Really dont like the forming of super conferences and the dissolving of the PAC12. Kills a lot of rivalries. I guess Texas and Texas A&M can resume theirs but Oklahoma/OKST would be out. The Apple Cup and the Civil War in the PAC12 would be gone and I miss the Backyard Brawl that used to happen between WVU/Pitt. Really hate this shit!!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its really come to a point where just go with an East, West, North, South conferences. Move the MAC, Mountain West and Sun Belt to Div II.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Still to early to tell whats up.

What if Iowa beats Michigan? Will any BIG10 school make it?

I think Georgia is a stone cold lock even if Alabama wins and sneak into 4 seed which will leave Texas fans fuckin crying. Anyways lots of scenarios.

On a sidenote. Really dont like the forming of super conferences and the dissolving of the PAC12. Kills a lot of rivalries. I guess Texas and Texas A&M can resume theirs but Oklahoma/OKST would be out. The Apple Cup and the Civil War in the PAC12 would be gone and I miss the Backyard Brawl that used to happen between WVU/Pitt. Really hate this shit!!
I think the winner of the PAC-12 Championship is in. Georgia should still be in regardless. If Iowa wins and Florida St wins, then this gets wacky. I think this season proved that the playoffs needed to be expanded........but to 8, not 12. 12 is way too many teams.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the winner of the PAC-12 Championship is in. Georgia should still be in regardless. If Iowa wins and Florida St wins, then this gets wacky. I think this season proved that the playoffs needed to be expanded........but to 8, not 12. 12 is way too many teams.
If Fla St is undefeated then I would believe they would have to be in and I agree about the PAC12 champ. The Ala/Ga and the Mich/Iowa games are gonna decide a lot!! I think Texas will be left holding the bag and yes the 12 team format is stupid. Just to add extra games and there's still gonna be a lot of kickback on who the top 4 (bye teams) are gonna be. 8 would have been perfect.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Fla St is undefeated then I would believe they would have to be in and I agree about the PAC12 champ. The Ala/Ga and the Mich/Iowa games are gonna decide a lot!! I think Texas will be left holding the bag and yes the 12 team format is stupid. Just to add extra games and there's still gonna be a lot of kickback on who the top 4 (bye teams) are gonna be. 8 would have been perfect.
I really feel for FSU fans, but even undefeated and ACC champs they do not deserve to make it in. The committee’s job is picking the top 4 teams. Without Jordan Travis they just aren’t a top team.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the top 4 will be
1. 13-0 Michigan
2. 13-0 Washington
3. 12-1 Alabama
4. 12-1 Georgia

Just misses
5. Texas at 12-1
6. FSU at 12-1

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I really feel for FSU fans, but even undefeated and ACC champs they do not deserve to make it in. The committee’s job is picking the top 4 teams. Without Jordan Travis they just aren’t a top team.
But if Florida St goes undefeated and we beat Washington, it's going to be tough to put us above the Noles. I don't know what tf the Committee does with Ohio St since they lost a close one.

As for the playoffs next season, I hope they move the games up to mid-December or some shit. These teams already have almost a whole ass month off so what the fuck does a first round BYE really do?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
But if Florida St goes undefeated and we beat Washington, it's going to be tough to put us above the Noles. I don't know what tf the Committee does with Ohio St since they lost a close one.

As for the playoffs next season, I hope they move the games up to mid-December or some shit. These teams already have almost a whole ass month off so what the fuck does a first round BYE really do?
Yea that’s a good point. I’m rooting for Louisville in the ACC champ to avoid all this , but imagine if Texas, Oregon, FSU, and Alabama win.
You would have Michigan number one and than three slots for 12-1 Georgia, 12-1 Bama, 12-1 Oregon, 12-1 Texas, 12-1 Wash.Yikes

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea that’s a good point. I’m rooting for Louisville in the ACC champ to avoid all this , but imagine if Texas, Oregon, FSU, and Alabama win.
You would have Michigan number one and than three slots for 12-1 Georgia, 12-1 Bama, 12-1 Oregon, 12-1 Texas, 12-1 Wash.Yikes
What if Iowa wins?

yikes-scooby-doo.gif

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh my god it was one of the craziest days of my life! We woke at 4 am for the gameday in the quad and I got to rush the field after. Sat in the end zone right between the field goal poasts. Any sport any team I have never seen energy like that day. Hell of a game

Got invited to Romes party after too as my friend is the offensive headset guy for the practices and such
Again, fucking congratulations AGAIN.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Barring an upset win by Alabama over Georgia the final 4 have to be:

1)Georgia
2)Michigan
3)Washington
4)Florida State/Texas?

If Bama upsets Georgia? Chaos pursues. Crazy this is the last 4 team playoffs before the expansion to a 12 team playoff format. Still think 12 is too much, should have been 6 or 8 teams.