• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Barring an upset win by Alabama over Georgia the final 4 have to be:

1)Georgia
2)Michigan
3)Washington
4)Florida State/Texas?

If Bama upsets Georgia? Chaos pursues. Crazy this is the last 4 team playoffs before the expansion to a 12 team playoff format. Still think 12 is too much, should have been 6 or 8 teams.
Hopefully Louisville takes out FSU. I still think Ohio St has a path if Bama, Texas, and FSU go down. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if all three of those teams lost, Texas has been up and down.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hopefully Louisville takes out FSU. I still think Ohio St has a path if Bama, Texas, and FSU go down. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if all three of those teams lost, Texas has been up and down.
I would like to see Iowa win in a way but they wear those those terrible Shitsburgh colors. Ugh. So I'm rooting for Michigan just so Jim Harbs can give the NCAA the middle finger over this sign stealing crap.

Like you even tho I like Fla St the QB I seen last week was atrocious compared to Travis so go Louusville (Lamar's school). Havent seen Louisvile play this year but I'm gonna try to catch some of it.

Texas I think will take down Okie St especially after the mudhole ass whipping they put on Tech last week.

We already know Wash is in and the whole key is the Georgia/Ala game. This is a great day for college ball. A lot on the line!!!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Barring an upset win by Alabama over Georgia the final 4 have to be:

1)Georgia
2)Michigan
3)Washington
4)Florida State/Texas?

If Bama upsets Georgia? Chaos pursues. Crazy this is the last 4 team playoffs before the expansion to a 12 team playoff format. Still think 12 is too much, should have been 6 or 8 teams.
I think 8 is the perfect amount. No need to give a team a first round bye since they get almost a month off until the start of the CFP (unless they plan on starting it earlier than New Years Eve from here on out).

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think 8 is the perfect amount. No need to give a team a first round bye since they get almost a month off until the start of the CFP (unless they plan on starting it earlier than New Years Eve from here on out).
100% agree on the bye. I also would love to ditch neutral site games. On campus brings a different feeling. Only game that should be neutral is the final

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Texas should be in if Florida State loses. It's a toss up if Florida State also win. I can't see them not putting Georgia in even if they lose to Alabama. Then again, they did put TCU over Bama last year, so who knows.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yep.... let the chaos begin. If Michigan wins tonight, after everything with Jim and the suspension, Michigan will likely be number one. Bama may still not get in because of Texas & Florida State. Forgot Texas beat Alabama so yeah Alabama isn't getting in. Georgia is done unless there's some BS to ensure there is a SEC team in the playoffs. Otherwise, we are looking at the last 4 team playoff having ZERO SEC TEAMS.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep.... let the chaos begin. If Michigan wins tonight, after everything with Jim and the suspension, Michigan will likely be number one. Bama may still not get in because of Texas & Florida State. Forgot Texas beat Alabama so yeah Alabama isn't getting in. Georgia is done unless there's some BS to ensure there is a SEC team in the playoffs. Otherwise, we are looking at the last 4 team playoff having ZERO SEC TEAMS.
SEC team in the playoffs is anything but bullshit. Georgia and Alabama are still the best two teams in the country. Playoffs without SEC team(s) would be some surreal fucking world, in which teams like TSC last year play for a championship.

I can't wait next year and the final, indisputable proof because other conf teams would get into finals only if the best two SEC teams play each other earlier.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

SEC team in the playoffs is anything but bullshit. Georgia and Alabama are still the best two teams in the country. Playoffs without SEC team(s) would be some surreal fucking world, in which teams like TSC last year play for a championship.

I can't wait next year and the final, indisputable proof because other conf teams would get into finals only if the best two SEC teams play each other earlier.
I could see it going either way with the SEC teams. Honestly , i hope the committee does the wrong thing and EXCLUDES FSU from the playoffs if they win. I don’t want to watch this offense again

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

It's come down to this. I would like to see Texas and Alabama get in for what I would consider a better playoff but how do you leave off an unbeaten team that has 2 wins over SEC opponents. One school is gonna be pissed off lol.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I had a vote: Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas
My problem is this feels like SEC bias based on the fact we’re all sick of the SEC. I’d love for UGA and Bama to be excluded … but reality is both likely belong in the top 4. I don’t think Wash or FSU have a chance vs either

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If I had a vote: Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas

My problem is this feels like SEC bias based on the fact we’re all sick of the SEC. I’d love for UGA and Bama to be excluded … but reality is both likely belong in the top 4. I don’t think Wash or FSU have a chance vs either
I've going back and forth with this one. Michigan and Washington is 1 and 2 respectively. Easy.

Now for 3 and 4. If the criteria is, who are the BEST four teams overall AT THIS POINT, I'd have Texas and Alabama. BUT, I'd have the same vote as cobrajet.

Bama Ravens

Veteran
FSU got fucked! This is bullshit!
Obviously I am biased, but if the goal is to put the 4 best teams in (which the committee has publicly said that is the goal throughout the 4 team playoff era), then they got it right. FSU would not have beaten Georgia. FSU would not beat Alabama.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
FSU got fucked! This is bullshit!
Obviously I am biased, but if the goal is to put the 4 best teams in (which the committee has publicly said that is the goal throughout the 4 team playoff era), then they got it right. FSU would not have beaten Georgia. FSU would not beat Alabama.
Agree FSU didn’t belong but wow that’s a dangerous precedent to set , and undefeated conference champion not included.

I really feel for FSU fans, dream season ruined by injury

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel so bad for fsu they got screwed. I agree we can’t beat bama or Georgia. It’s beyond me how we beat oregon again tbh, I’m just happy to be here

Really sad the rose bowl isn’t going to be in my hometown as that was a SHOE IN Christmas present as my moms a big 10 women