• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offense Thread

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pat Ricard is one heck of a football player. I think he's a superb physical player who's going to have a big part of our offense for years to come. This is the kind of undrafted gem that i like

Tru11

Practice Squad
nah you dont
Its not his fault he's got a high cap hit. Its not jimmys fault hes got a high cap yet played a full season what twice. It wasn't pittas fault he had a high cap hit. Thats all the front office's fault.

I dont judge players by their cap hit. I judge them by how they perform and flacco did very well on Sunday. Probably his best game all year. So I'll praise that.

If he plays shit this week. I'll criticise that.

Anyway, we're pissing in the wind here. We don't like each other, we're best to leave it

if only you did the same for every player and not just flacco.

you would if you where unbias like you claimed lol

plenty of players played well last game and through the entire season.
did you praise them all ?

Last edited:

Tru11

Practice Squad
His contract isnt even top 5 anymore, his cap hit is but that is a consequence of delaying it for 3 years and after this offseason his contract will fall a couple spots lower and next offseason a couple spots lower as it becomes each players turn to get paid mega money.

if only his contract could fall as low as his play has.....

arnie_uk

Veteran
I actually have been. The defense especially, pees included. I csn understand limitations, players like weddle for example, he's a poor tackler, he rarely knocks players backwards, he almost lets them past him and tackles them side on. I dont crucify him for that because i realise his strength is pass defense and organisation. He's having a phenomenal season in that regard, when i thought he could be a real high cut candidate this season.

Brandon williams has totally turned me over. I was dead set on letting him and signing wagner and a receiver like jeffrey instead thinking for sure pierce would fill his role using the 80/20 mantra that Ozzie pushed.

Without williams we didnt even get 50 percent of the same performance let alone 80. Im glad we kept him even though inwas dead against it. I was wrong on that
nah you dont

if only you did the same for every player and not just flacco.

you would if you where unbias like you claimed lol

plenty of players played well last game and through the entire season.
did you praise them all ?

Tru11

Practice Squad
I actually have been. The defense especially, pees included. I csn understand limitations, players like weddle for example, he's a poor tackler, he rarely knocks players backwards, he almost lets them past him and tackles them side on. I dont crucify him for that because i realise his strength is pass defense and organisation. He's having a phenomenal season in that regard, when i thought he could be a real high cut candidate this season.

Brandon williams has totally turned me over. I was dead set on letting him and signing wagner and a receiver like jeffrey instead thinking for sure pierce would fill his role using the 80/20 mantra that Ozzie pushed.

Without williams we didnt even get 50 percent of the same performance let alone 80. Im glad we kept him even though inwas dead against it. I was wrong on that

guess my analytic ability is pretty darn good cause i was one of the very few who argued about how well worth it was to keep williams back on the old forum ;)

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Pat Ricard is one heck of a football player. I think he's a superb physical player who's going to have a big part of our offense for years to come. This is the kind of undrafted gem that i like
I keep forgetting that this dude was a d-lineman. Versatility is always appreciated and I think it's safe to say that he should be the future at FB. Heck, he didn't look too bad at all in preseason.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I keep forgetting that this dude was a d-lineman. Versatility is always appreciated and I think it's safe to say that he should be the future at FB. Heck, he didn't look too bad at all in preseason.

watch some of his blocks vs the lions - he gets in space and absolutely blocks these guys into next week - he already looks as good of a blocker (if not better) than juice at this point - on collins td both he and stanley got outside and blocked their guys so nicely in space - that's an over 300lb guy and maybe a 280lb guy getting onto linebackers/dbs by the sideline

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
watch some of his blocks vs the lions - he gets in space and absolutely blocks these guys into next week - he already looks as good of a blocker (if not better) than juice at this point - on collins td both he and stanley got outside and blocked their guys so nicely in space - that's an over 300lb guy and maybe a 280lb guy getting onto linebackers/dbs by the sideline
He's been blocking pretty good all year. I'd say he is better than Juice right now. On top of that he can sneak out and catch the ball. Very impressive guy.

Tank

Hall of Famer

I kinda thought it was just a stop gap gimmick playing Ricard at FB but he is a freaking wrecking ball! If he can sustain and improve that work he could end up being one of the best.
I really can’t recall a guy that big playing FB.

Tank

Hall of Famer
He's been blocking pretty good all year. I'd say he is better than Juice right now. On top of that he can sneak out and catch the ball. Very impressive guy.
He’s like another third of a person bigger than Juice!

OK, slight exaggeration, but he is huge. lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
3rd and 1? 1st and goal inside the 5? Run behind project pat, seriously, the guy is bound to get at least 2 yards of push on virtually every dive play.

The Greek

Veteran
i would like to see maxx begin to contribute on a regular basis. im holding out hope that he can be a difference maker on offense. maybe he gets more chances against the steelers sunday night

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i would like to see maxx begin to contribute on a regular basis. im holding out hope that he can be a difference maker on offense. maybe he gets more chances against the steelers sunday night
I hope but I doubt it. He's so slow and lumbering and everytime he carries the damn ball he limps off the field.

The Greek

Veteran
I hope but I doubt it. He's so slow and lumbering and everytime he carries the damn ball he limps off the field.
unfortunately it does seem that he injures pretty easily thus far. i would love to see him prove us all wrong and become a reliable player